Le Parker Meridien

Expedia.com Jetsetter.com Booking.com

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• t_cims's Profile Photo

Friendly

Have not stay here, but it is a hotel that are litle more first class hotel, if like to spoil your self here at the same time and they realy have it all to, not sheap but class and comfort cost litle more.

Unique Quality: fit, spa, weddings, eats, and more

• morochaargentina's Profile Photo

the best gym in a hotel

Very warm rooms, modern and comfortable. GREAT place for business travellers, even for 2 people using computers at the same time. Front desk is very professional. Good size rooms, enough space for the clothes, good size bathroms.

Unique Quality: The health club has been voted as "the best hotel Gym" for a good reason. For only $10 per day you have access to an awesome place, extremelly clean, tons of equipement and diferent classes. A better option would have been to go for a run in the central park (1 block away) but there was a snow storm while we were there...

I love that they use orange as a color for nice touches in the decor

• skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo

Great location, swell hotel

I stayed here two years ago while attending a friend's wedding. She got a block rate for rooms, so I paid only 300 bucks a night for it (two nights). I took the complimentary Bic pen home with me (the one they leave on the nightstand) and I joke that it's my 600 dollar Bic.

seriously, a fabulous hotel. That 300 bucks I don't think I'll see again there alas, she got us great rates.

Unique Quality: the view of Central Park is superb.

More about Le Parker Meridien

Le Parker Meridien an excellent hotel

Excellent experience. Arrived at the hotel on 8/14/03 9:30 at night in the midst of the "blackout". The service and treatment was just about as good as it gets. They had auxiliary power which several large hotels did not. We were able to be checked in. There were two running elevators and the door locks are battery operated. We were slightly inconvenienced but that was no fault of the hotel. We were taken by flashlight and a security guard graciously helped me so that I could remove my contact lenses. The room was fine. It is a modern contemporary decor. Should you be looking for a bed and breakfast type room this is not the place for you. We found the staff helpful and always courteous. The food at Seppi's is fabulous and yes the hamburgers in the little place downstairs are delicious. The location is great and we experienced absolutely no delays in getting a cab. Most of the time we chose to walk because the neighborhood is delightful in either direction. I highly recommend this hotel. We shall return!

Le Parker Meridien - great location!

We stayed at Le Parker Meridien from June 28-30, 2003. This hotel was most comfortable. I booked on Expedia, got a great deal, in the request asked for a Parkview - high floor room and got it. Right on the 38th floor - only 3 floors from the Penthouse! Also - if you get a chance - do bring your bathing suit.... they have a great rooftop pool with sunloungers both in and outside - the roof was also a great place to do some picture taking!The room was spacious, the bed very comfy and we were high enough not to hear any street noise. Mind you... 57th Street was pretty good for that anyway. Being 2 down from Central Park it was pretty quiet at night.Also, the hotel is between 6th and 7th streets and had access on both sides to subway and bus for ease of getting around the city.I strongly recommend the One Day Fun Pass on the Metro - it's only $7 and you can hop on and off the subway or bus all day long. Really very fast for getting around. And the subway was fine - no one bothered us.... and we travelled it from 7:30 am to 10:30 pm!Restaurants that were good in the area: - Brooklyn Diner - the Blueberry pancakes were fab (@ 7th and 57th) - Pick a Bagel - gotta have that Bagel and Lox! (right @ 7th and 57th) - There is a great Pizza joint just across the street and a little over towards 7th. - Carnegie Deli (since you are pretty much next door to Carnegie Hall!)Other restaurants: - If you want an extravagant dinner - do try the Palm One Restaurant - dress is casual - but the food is great - right now they have a 5 lb Lobster dinner for two on special for $75 - they grill the lobster instead of steaming - to die for - and if you still have room the Key Lime Pie was a great finish!Note: You won't find much NY information in the hotel room - but do ask the concierge - they have lots of great maps and guides. - Also if you take the subway - get a subway or Manhatten bus map - they really help to navigate the city...and finally - if you don't have a lot of time to do all the sightseeing - I do recommend the 3 hr Circle Line Cruise around Manhatten - you will get to see a lot!....and have a great time! We did - you'll love the Big Apple!

Highly Overrated

This was the most disappointing stay at any expensive hotel I've ever stayed at. The hotel amenities were virtually nonexsistent. There was no taxi lane and we waited outside the hotel for over 40 mins. for a cab. The staff was extremely cold, the beds were hard as rocks, and the noise from all the garbage trucks outside was constant and I was on the 15th floor! They advertised a room with 2 double beds, but they were not doubles, but oversized twins. We were moved to a junior suite which was spacious, but were charged $30 extra a night. We often lacked towels and your bathroom glass is a shot glass! The so called modern decor that is advertised is dark, grey and dingy. The gift shop was smaller than my walk in closet in my bedroom and the coffee shop (the worst coffee I ever had in my life) was overpriced. The "Do Not Disturb" sign is tastelessly stated as "FUGHETTABOUDIT" and my advice to you is when in NY City FUGHETTABOUDIT the Le Parker Meridien!

Great location, good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member mediamic

Stayed here 3 nights and was very impressed. Spacious rooms (especially compared to the trendy W), good service, nice ammenities. Great location for theater, shopping and restaurants. Helpful business center. Except for the doorman blowing his whistles for cabs each morning and waking me up, all was better than expected. And you can't get any better than NORMA's for breakfast.

Great Stay over the fourth

We stayed at the hotel July 1-6th 2003. The good reviews was the reason we choose the hotel. We got a great rate and stayed on the 15th floor.
Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The room was fairly big and comfortable. The bed was especially comfortable. We did try out the health club, gravity. It is free to hotel guests. It was a nice club and during the time I went, 10:00am, there was hardly any one there. I wanted to try out the group classes but didn't get a chance to. It was a very quiet hotel even during the fourth. I can't remember hearing any other people while in our room during our stay. The location was great.
The hotel is within walking distance to Time square and 5th/Madison Ave. shopping. Anything else that we wanted to see we took the subway which was just 2 blocks away. Also be sure to check out the view of Central Park from the roof top. I would stay here again when in New York.

Excellent!

Excellent Hotel. I was in town for a wedding reception here. Rooms are
nicely furnished and for NYC seemed large. Beds have a featherbed. I
did some work while here and found the desk chair very comfortable.
Free high speed internet access was easy to use and fast. My bathroom
had a large walk in shower but no tub--lots of soaps and stuff provided
as well as a copy of the New York Times. The health club is big for a
hotel and was not busy on either Sat. or Sun morning when I attended.
There was no whirlpool--something I would have enjoyed after a long
flight. I know there were people staying in the adjacent rooms, but I
never heard anything from my room.
The wedding reception was one of the best orchestrated I've seen--excellent food and a terrace on the top floor with a view of central park.

Diners!

by VisitingNY

Hey again, I'll be staying at the Belvedere towards the end of the month and I've been researching some diners to go to for breakfast. These are the ones I've found to be the closest and best, please tell me if anyone disagrees or can recomend any others. I found them all on the menupages website.

Olympic Diner, Cosmic Diner @ 52, Evergreen Diner. Thanks.

Re: Diners!

by 10028

It's touristy, but I think the best diner is the Brooklyn Diner. There are two nearby. One's on W. 57th, the other's on W. 43rd.

Also try Norma's, in Le Parker Meridien. It's not a diner, but their breakfasts are about the best in the city. Just have a look at their menu, and try to avoid accidentally ordering their zillion dollar lobster frittata (the super sized one is served with 10 oz. of caviar, and will set you back $1,000!).

Comments