Macy's Apartments

Gallagher's Dry Aging RoomGallagher's Dry Aging Room

EUROPAN CAFÉEUROPAN CAFÉ

First time to NEW YORK

by ApplePie99

Hi I am a 24 yr old male and am travelling to New York on the 1st Spetember for 5 nights and am staying right in the centre of Manhattan. I am going for a holiday bymyself and was wondering if there is anyone who is in the same position that would like to meet up for sightseeing nights out etc. If you are interested message me and we can swap email ads or something. Thanks

by Donna_in_India

Hi - you may also want to post on travel buddy.... www.travbuddy.com/browse/users

Have a great time in NY!

by MacedonianUK

Also you might like to meet some of the local VT-rs, if that so do post on the Meeting page, and I bet somebody will sign up to meet for a coffe and chat.
Good luck

by July2

Maybe make up a homepage on VT about yourself - some pictures, interests, places travelled or places you'd like to visit, etc. You'll be more likely to get a response that way. It doesn't have to be a lot or too personal.

btw, welcome to VT!

by ApplePie99

Thanks will do

by stayc0712

I am going to new york alone in Oct. To bad we were going to be there at the same time. :-(

Travel Tips for New York City

Ground Zero

by CandS

While in New York we decided to go and pay our respects at Ground Zero. It has a very sad feeling surrounding the area and it was sad for me to be in a place that has seen so much terror.

I must admit, I was disgusted to see some people standing in front of Ground Zero having their photos taken with huge grins on their faces and making 'peace' signs or whatever with their hands. :( It was definitely not the right thing to be doing there... :(

Central Park...

by Munkee

Central Park is a mass of lakes and trees among skyscrapers and concrete...not necessarily my favorite part of NYC, but it is a sight to behold. I never imagined it was so lush and just thriving with people and activity. It was awesome to walk the park from the West Side to the Upper East side, then stroll along Madison Avenue before checking out the Guggenheim and the Whitney Art Museum ...

The Fingerlakes Region I...

by chrissyalex

The Fingerlakes Region I don't know why it is called the Finger Lakes because there are more than five of them! These skinny lakes were created by the glaciers. The six major lakes are Skaneateles,Owasco,Cayuga,Seneca,Keuka,and Canadaigua.There also also many smaller lakes in this area too. This is a great region for swimming,fishing,hiking and boating. There are also many.many fine wineries on the lakes and farms,hills and historic homes. There also are many ,many beautiful parks with gorges and waterfalls.To read more about the Fingerlakes and its towns...please check my travelogues.

New Yorkers with paws and claws!

by Jenniflower

We are animal lovers and always seek them out when travelling. It being a city we did not expect to see many around, but the few we did were special.

Besides the odd cat sitting on a window ledge or on an emergency exit stairwell, we saw a few lovelies in Central Park and in other green areas and little parks dotted around the city.

The Labrador pic is our favourite, a magnificent creature. A second after this shot was taken he jumped up and ran off!

We loved watching the squirrels frolicking in the park, and, being keen bird watchers, saw so many, which was delightful.

We also came across a bench in Central Park that was dedicated to all those dogs who died in 9/11. Makes you think - nary a thought is often spared for the animals that die in tragedies too.

Union Square

by Docu2001

This picture was taken in early April on a chilly Saturday morning. Philomena, in the red jacket, sells plants in the Union Square market every Saturday. I have been buying flowers from her for ten years. She used to work for the biggest seller in the market and she was always surrounded by three or four customers competing for a moment of her time and expertise, but a few years back she left that stand and took up with a smaller grower who has nothing like the variety of her former employer. Nevertheless she is busy with those, like me, who have been buying from her for a long time and new customers who happen to ask her a question.

She worked as a scientist, but now she gardens in Greenwich Village and sells flowers in the market. She is always in the company of her dachshund, who sits in a box by the truck while she helps people build their gardens. I enjoy listening to her strong German accent as she describes the attributes of a particular plant.
New York is special that way - the accents are many and varied - like the stories of the people they announce.

Comments