Marriott New York City Financial Center

Booking.com Marriott.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Cruiseone2003's Profile Photo

NYC's best location ....I think

This was a last minute decision to stay at this property but I couldn't have asked for a better location. The staff were great and very helpful, doorman got us a private car to JFK in just minutes. Great places to have breakfast and coffee in the morning too.

Unique Quality: I like Marriotts because they consistently have comfortable rooms worldwide. I especially liked this location since it's Downtown, close to the Brooklyn Bridge, near Battery park which is where you take the Statue of Liberty Ferries, Staten Island Ferry, Major stop for the Hop on Hop off busses, and just half a block from Ground Zero. Plenty of cheap places to eat as well, very near subway stations with fast subways going uptown under Broadway.

• A great choice!

We stayed at the Marriott, Financial Center, not knowing that it is practically on top of Ground Zero.
    There IS a lot of contruction going on but believe it or not, the hotel room was so quiet, you could not hear a thing.
    The room had a great view of the river and with big windows, all you could see was the river and New York, New York (translation: lots of skyscrapers).
    One thing that attracted me to this hotel was the mention of the Starbucks off the lobby. I love my coffee - that clinched the deal for me! I still used the coffeemaker in the room, though; that's how much coffee I drink!
    I would recommend this hotel to almost anyone. I get a little dizzy in elevators and ended up walking up the stairs to my room one day. But if you get dizzy that easily, as I do, then any hotel in New York is going to be a problem. There is an indoor pool on the 5th floor so I think this is even a good hotel for families.
    I heard good things about the restaurant, Roy's, that is in the hotel. However, we went out to the nearby Tribeca Grill for dinner. That was an excellent choice.

Unique Quality: I don't know my way around New York so I was pleased to find out that this hotel is around the corner from a subway station. Take the number 1 uptown train and you are anywhere in the city in no time.
    The views are great from the upper floors. I don't know about the lower floors but the beds are extremely comfortable, the bathrooms spacious and the rooms have all those extras you need - iron, ironing board, room safe, coffeemaker, mini-fridge, cable tv, internet, ice bucket, etc.
    I really need a relaxing atmostphere when I travel so I appreciated all the comfy pillows and the extra-comfortable mattresses.

Directions: A block from Ground Zero.

• staying downtown

Choosing a downtown hotel wasn't our first choice but price and availability meant we eventually plumped for the Marriott Financial. We had a fantastic view of manhatten from our 35th floor room which was comfortable and clean. The beds were just so comfortable that we easily slept off our jet lag. Desk service was very helpful and we felt well looked after. The hotel is well situated to take a trip on the Statten island ferry, to visit seaport, see Wall St or to walk the Brooklyn Bridge (all of which we did!)

Downside is that this hotel is right by ground zero and so the surrounding streets still have some building work going on. The noise was never a problem but it did detract from the local atmosphere.

I would recommend this hotel as a good alternative to being in the much more busy uptown areas

• seamandrew's Profile Photo

Staying downtown? Here's a good suggestion.

The New York Marriott Financial Center Hotel offers a traveler a great place to stay if you wish to stay downtown offering impeccable service. Before September 11th, this hotel was located at the World Trade Center site. After the disaster, it relocated two blocks down on West Street. We were lucky to get a room with a view of the Hudson river. Be sure to ask for one as every room in the picture faces the river so they have plenty! The uppermost floors have views of the Statue of Liberty!

Unique Quality: The New York Marriott Financial Center hotel has 500 richly appointed rooms and is located minutes away from Wall Street and the Statue of Liberty. The hotel is contemporary with a refined flair.

More about Marriott New York City Financial Center

Not a backpackers place!

by Rusket about Providence Marriott Downtown

Without doubt the most expensive, but not the best hotel I have stayed in while paying myself! I don't understand why americans complain about norwegian prices! We just needed a place to sleep and a decent meal, and could have managed with anything. But due to some hasty decisions this is where we ended. The hotel was quite OK, but nothing special, and the price was far above our daily budget. A good thing that we were going to stay with relatives the coming week :-) The best part of the hotel was the pool, especially from my son's point of view :-)

****Awesome***

by TripAdvisor Member wakeewahine

We just returned from a 10 day stay at New York Marriott Financial Center. This was the most amazing place. I was traveling with my entire family including 2 children under 10. It started with allowing us to check in early because of our red-eye flight from California. We were in our rooms by 9:30 am. Of course the staff were friendly, accomodating and pleasant.
We got to the rooms and all I can say is "Large" We have stayed at several hotels in Manhattan and they were not much bigger than closets....I was pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately, there was no dresser for storage but you can get over that real quick when you see the view. We had rooms on the 31 floor with excellent views of the Hudson, Battery Park, Lady Liberty and Ellis Island. The beds were awesome!
My kids loved the indoor pool and I enjoyed the fitness facility.

The location was perfect, you were away from the hustle and bustle, but yet just a short subway ride to the excitement. The subway is conveniently located just around the corner.

We will stay at this Marriott again. We got a tremendous rate of $145 and were not disappointed.

This was classic Marriott style!

The Bell and Door men were so pleasant, and they loved seeing our smiling faces everyday return. They worked tirelessly to make sure our trip was good and free from negative incidents.

You won't be disappointed.

Wonderful Experience

by TripAdvisor Member 5401willow

Family of four (including rambunctious 7 yo) had a great stay. Got a room on the 30th with a view of Statue of Liberty. Room was excellent, Staff was friendly and helpful. Pool was decent size with steam room and well equiped gym. Location was ideal. 1 block from Ground Zero. 5 minutes walk from ferry to Statue of liberty. 10 mins by subway to Times square and the mid town action but far away enough to sleep peacefully.
Would very highly recommend especially if you can get the buffet breakfast included. Valet parking was $40/night (this is New York) but at least the car came back in one piece. Actually neighborhood was very safe late in to the night

Best Kept Secret In NYC

I love this hotel. I have stayed 5 times since it re-opened in January 2002(it was damaged in the 9/11 attacks). If you book at Marriots Website you can usually get the weekend rate (Thursday night checking out Monday morning) for $189.00

For $189.00 in Manhattan your get a 5 star hotel, with great rooms and a friendly staff. Great Views of the Hudson and Statue of Liberty. Close to Battery Park, SoHo, Greenwich Village, and the subway.

If you are a tourist it is in the finacial disctrict so you have to take a cab ride, bus tour or the subway a little more but it is worth it!!!!! You really aren't that far from Time Square, Broadway or Central Park.

I have stayed at about 10 diffent NYC hotels and this is by far the best for the price.

MADE A LIST....PLZ CHECK

by tucsongirl

I made a following list of the hotels which I think fall under my range (after I had increased it). Please give me your feedback based on travel time, safety and area location (how happening it is).

Pan American Hotel in Queens, NY

Courtyard By Marriott New York City Laguardia Airport in East Elmhurst, NY

Crowne Plaza Hotel Secaucus - Meadowlands in Secaucus, NJ

Holiday Inn Secaucus - Meadowlands in Secaucus, NJ

Hampton Inn Meadowlands in Secaucus, NJ

Sheraton Newark Airport Hotel in Newark, NJ

Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood in Englewood, NJ

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meadowlands Area in Carlstadt, NJ

THANKS A LOT TO ALL YOU LOVELY PEOPLE FOR HELPING.

by PeaceJoySmile

Hi again,
I remember your post. Are you intending to stay in NJ?
If not, there may be affodable options much closer to NYC.
NJ is distinct from NYC in look/feel - and distance.
It's easier to get into Manhattan from LaGuardia than from NJ (in my experience). Actually, I use taxis though. The public transport may be better from NJ -- but it requires some time. Isn't there a way you can stay in a Holiday Inn or hostel in Brooklyn or Manhattan. Brooklyn is very easily reached from Manhattan by subway-- if the hotel is near the subway stop (and in a safe enough area). At night, you may not want to walk through all areas of Brooklyn.

by PeaceJoySmile

Can you do a dorm style stay? Meet great people? $34.50/nt! Exc. location.

by nicolaitan

hey - going to NYC and staying in a motel in Avenel is like visiting Tucson and getting a motel in Sierra Vista. It works, but its not really the best solution.

RE: RE: MADE A LIST....PLZ CHECK

by larigot

Did you try the Courtyard Marriott in Jersey City Newport? It might be somewhat reasonable, and there's a PATH train running right beneath it which will take you to Manhattan quickly. I stayed there two years ago - safe, clean, convenient. Have a great trip!

RE: RE: MADE A LIST....PLZ CHECK

by AuTourDuMonde32

Of all of the hotels you mentioned,
The Pan-American is the only one directly linked with Manhattan by a walk-able train station..
The Courtyard in Elmhurst is accesable by a bus-to-subway trip..
but generally all of your choices are not sensable places to stay to explore Manhattan or atleast the New York of your expectations..

Of all your listed options, I would choose the Pan-Am