Marriott New York City Financial Center

Cruiseone2003's Profile Photo

NYC's best location ....I think

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 2, 2009

This was a last minute decision to stay at this property but I couldn't have asked for a better location. The staff were great and very helpful, doorman got us a private car to JFK in just minutes. Great places to have breakfast and coffee in the morning too.

Unique Quality: I like Marriotts because they consistently have comfortable rooms worldwide. I especially liked this location since it's Downtown, close to the Brooklyn Bridge, near Battery park which is where you take the Statue of Liberty Ferries, Staten Island Ferry, Major stop for the Hop on Hop off busses, and just half a block from Ground Zero. Plenty of cheap places to eat as well, very near subway stations with fast subways going uptown under Broadway.

A great choice!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 13, 2007

We stayed at the Marriott, Financial Center, not knowing that it is practically on top of Ground Zero.
There IS a lot of contruction going on but believe it or not, the hotel room was so quiet, you could not hear a thing.
The room had a great view of the river and with big windows, all you could see was the river and New York, New York (translation: lots of skyscrapers).
One thing that attracted me to this hotel was the mention of the Starbucks off the lobby. I love my coffee - that clinched the deal for me! I still used the coffeemaker in the room, though; that's how much coffee I drink!
I would recommend this hotel to almost anyone. I get a little dizzy in elevators and ended up walking up the stairs to my room one day. But if you get dizzy that easily, as I do, then any hotel in New York is going to be a problem. There is an indoor pool on the 5th floor so I think this is even a good hotel for families.
I heard good things about the restaurant, Roy's, that is in the hotel. However, we went out to the nearby Tribeca Grill for dinner. That was an excellent choice.

Unique Quality: I don't know my way around New York so I was pleased to find out that this hotel is around the corner from a subway station. Take the number 1 uptown train and you are anywhere in the city in no time.
The views are great from the upper floors. I don't know about the lower floors but the beds are extremely comfortable, the bathrooms spacious and the rooms have all those extras you need - iron, ironing board, room safe, coffeemaker, mini-fridge, cable tv, internet, ice bucket, etc.
I really need a relaxing atmostphere when I travel so I appreciated all the comfy pillows and the extra-comfortable mattresses.

Directions: A block from Ground Zero.

staying downtown

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 12, 2005

Choosing a downtown hotel wasn't our first choice but price and availability meant we eventually plumped for the Marriott Financial. We had a fantastic view of manhatten from our 35th floor room which was comfortable and clean. The beds were just so comfortable that we easily slept off our jet lag. Desk service was very helpful and we felt well looked after. The hotel is well situated to take a trip on the Statten island ferry, to visit seaport, see Wall St or to walk the Brooklyn Bridge (all of which we did!)

Downside is that this hotel is right by ground zero and so the surrounding streets still have some building work going on. The noise was never a problem but it did detract from the local atmosphere.

I would recommend this hotel as a good alternative to being in the much more busy uptown areas

seamandrew's Profile Photo

Staying downtown? Here's a good suggestion.

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 6, 2003

The New York Marriott Financial Center Hotel offers a traveler a great place to stay if you wish to stay downtown offering impeccable service. Before September 11th, this hotel was located at the World Trade Center site. After the disaster, it relocated two blocks down on West Street. We were lucky to get a room with a view of the Hudson river. Be sure to ask for one as every room in the picture faces the river so they have plenty! The uppermost floors have views of the Statue of Liberty!

Unique Quality: The New York Marriott Financial Center hotel has 500 richly appointed rooms and is located minutes away from Wall Street and the Statue of Liberty. The hotel is contemporary with a refined flair.

Nearby Marriott New York City Financial Center

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

New York City Travel Forum

Need advice about New York City, New York State? Visit the Travel Forum for New York City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest New York City hotel reviews

Conrad New York
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Thirty Thirty Hotel New York
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 16 Reviews
Murray Hill East Suites (149 East 39TH Street.)
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews