Marriott New York Eastside

Booking.com Marriott.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• shutterlust's Profile Photo

New York Marriot East Side

I didn't run away from home again to stay at the New York Marriot East Side, but rather my family was getting our apartment on the Upper East Side renovated (knocking down walls and such) and we stayed in midtown east at the New York Marriot East Side for a week. I loved my room, likely because I had it on my own. My brother complained that his room was too cold, but then again, he's always really cold. The service was typical of a Marriot, polite, quick and efficient as usual. The New York Marriot East Side is comprised mostly of business travellers, as opposed to the Marriot Marquis, which is mostly tourists. I had to stay quiet at the New York East Side. Quiet, composed, decorous. Whatever. It's a hotel. A Marriot Hotel. It was fine.

Directions: on Lexington Avenue, between 49th and 50th Streets

• seamandrew's Profile Photo

Superb comfort in Mid-town

I spent one night at the Marriott Eastside in January of 2005. It was a Sunday, I had a Dodgeball game in the city at 9pm and at the time, I lived in Highland Park, which was a good ride away by train. Having to go to work the next morning, I decided to get a room at this hotel and finally check it out. Like all Marriotts, we left well rested and extremely pleased. The room was immaculate and the bed ever so comfortable! Definitely worth visiting if its in your budget. I used my corporate discount to get a good rate.

Unique Quality: Ask for a room on a high floor. If you're high enough, and you have a north-facing window, the view is great!

Directions: A few steps from Grand Central.

• peewee2002's Profile Photo

Price Line

This is a nice hotel, Was surpriced to recieve the mini bar bill at the end or our stay seen as we had nothing from the mini bar, it seems there is a devise in the mini bar that detects if you take any drinks out of it, even if you put the drink back not touched you get charged for it,

Unique Quality: This hotel is 35 storys high and as a nice bar/lounge at the top

• mrtourne's Profile Photo

Great hotel, great location

I've stayed at the Marriott Eastside a couple of times this last year for work meetings - I must say it strikes a great balance of location and price. The rooms are fairly large and appointed in typical Marriott fashion (desk, armoire with tv, etc.). Service was without a hitch, there's also security downstairs making sure only guests make it up the elevator

Room service was good and timely, there's a restaurant downstairs as well as a bar in the lobby for drinks after work. The prices in the mini-bar are of course fairly steep but there's enough shops around to get anything you may need as far as snacks and sodas.

Unique Quality: Great location, walkable to most areas of midtown

More about Marriott New York Eastside

Fantastic Marriott East Side!!

Fantastic hotel and location!! This was our first trip to the Big Apple for my wife and I so we wanted a really nice hotel in a central location so we travelled to this hotel based on the reviews of others on this site and we were not disappointed, the room was large enough to handle all the bags of shopping we had brought, the staff were friendly and more than willing to help especially the concierge and the guys who looked after our bags and booked our taxi for us to the airport. The hotel was in a perfect location being almost in the middle of everything we wanted to do and see. We didn't use the resturant here as we wanted to try food outside of the hotel. When we return to NYC we will come back again.

A nice stay at the New York Marriott East Side

by TripAdvisor Member HornsFan73

For our Christmas trip, we chose the Marriott East Side to be away from the Times Square crowds. This hotel is very quiet at night (at least our room was!), and the beds with down duvets are lovely and comfortable. The staff is unfailingly friendly. The location is good, as it is less than two blocks from the entrance to one of the major uptown/downtown subway lines. Additionally, one of the regular stops for the Grayline hop-on/hop-off tours is right across Lexington Ave. at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel. The only negative for me was that the room/bathroom arrangement of the standard rooms isn't really convenient for a family. Our son is now 14, and we need a room/bathroom arrangement where there is a vanity and sink area located outside the bathroom, so that one person can be showering while another (i.e., Mom) can be doing the hair and make-up thing without a fogged up mirror. This made getting ready in the mornings a little more time-consuming. For two people, the standard room is fine. While staying at this hotel, venture around the corner on 50th Street and enjoy dinner at San Martin - a lovely and moderately-priced (for New York) Italian restaurant.

Ideal Mid-town Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Eyeshouldknow

Our family of 4 spent 3 nites at the Marriott East. The hotel was outstanding for the $149.00 rate. Many other families were staying there along with the usual business people. Other hotels on Lexington were obviously not as nice. Many nearby restaurants, especially towards the train station. Times Sq. was very walkable, but Central Park was better handled with an $8 cab ride.
The hotel was clean, newly decorated. There is a light fare for the breakfast on the go. Didn't use the restaurant - we wanted to try places where 'locals' eat - and weren't disappointed. We are Mariott frequent flyers and now have a free hotel stay coming!

3 days girls only trip!

Great hotel, great service, but the fridge they advertise you can't use because if you remove something to make room for your thingsyou are automatically charged for it. Also we noticed one of our purses was stolen out of my luggage, lock your suitcases!!!! All in all the trip was fabulous and the new yorkers we found to be very friendly, would avoid the subway though,way too confusing!!!!! Take cab or bus!shopping was awesome!!!!!

by sjohnson4382

Can any of you tell me how long the cab ride will take from marriott eastside to otto enoteca, mesa, and cleopatra's needle? Wife is afraid to ride subway even though she rode it the past two times she has been to ny.

also if I can get her to ride the subway are these easy to get to without changing lines a bunch?

Re: how long of a cab ride from marriott eastside to otto enoteca, mesa, cleopatra's needle?

by dino335

20 minutes to Cleopatra's Needle Restaurant As this is on the West side you would have to take three trains E to 50th C to Columbus Circle 1 to 86th

About 10 minutes to Mesa Grill 6 train to Union square and walk two blocks to Fifth Ave

About 12 minutes to otto. 6 train to Astor place walk about 5 blocks.

The 6 is two blocks from your hotel

by sjohnson4382

Dino, as far as subway fare goes, what is the deal with the metro card or whatever it is and should i get one or how should I go about paying for the subway. I'm sure we will ride some, but unfortunately it seems like my wife is going to be a cabby for the most part this time.

by dino335

You must get a Metrocard to ride the Subway. Which kind you get depends on how many trips you will make in a day or week. I know there is a one day unlimited, not sure about others , I have a card that I refill when needed. You can get more info at MTA New York website.

Comments