Milford Plaza Hotel

Row NYC Hotel
Official Site Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• Happyhead's Profile Photo

Somewhere to rest those weary feet.

The Milford Plaza has had a few less than complementary reviews on this site but as it is only a couple of blocks away from Time Square it is perfectly located. We didn't have any problems with our stay, its not a homely place thats for sure but with all trecking around you do in New York you only need a place to rest your head and aching feet.

• No frills

I stayed here in April 2004 and got exactly what I expected - a no frills hotel in a good location.

The room we had was tiny, by far the smallest I've ever had from a hotel in America but for the price and location it was fine. There's so much to do in NYC we didn't spend much time in the room anyway.

However, if you go expecting the usuall high American standards you will be disapointed.

• Excellent Location!

Four of us stayed there July 6,7 and 8th. Yes, the room was small, but it was not a dump. It was quite clean, not noisy (we were on the 5th floor), and the bathroom was well stocked and clean. Tub, toilet and sink all in one room. I usually prefer a door between sink and other ammenities so I can get ready while someone else is showering, but not a real problem. Small closet with iron and hangers. Staff was very nice. $3 a bag for storing luggage at checkout. For the price we paid ($105 a night), we got an excellent deal!!

Unique Quality: We had a view of 45th street I believe. The Grayline bus tour headquarters was right up the street, maybe 2 minutes away. Port authority was nearby, which we traveled to for the USO office (great discounts fo military!). There was a subway opening right across the street, too. All in all, the proximity to Times Square and all of the theaters make this place a jewel!

Directions: Very close to Times Square

• B_way_Joe's Profile Photo

The Lullabye of Broadway

Well, we have stayed here a lot and I have found mixed reviews so I will tell you the truth: Customer service is not so good. But this remains of the few reasonably priced Hotels around. You get a clean room in a (ahem) "legitimate" Hotel for prices that are great!
    You can have one very comfortable double bed or two: the very cleanest linens around, Cable TV, Clock Radio, and a sparkling clean bath room with hair dryer. What else could you need? Aren't you going to be out most of the day and night? There is too much too do to stay in your room!
    This hotel is frequested by flight crews from all over the world. You could not ask for a nicer group of folks than flight crews.
    So truth is, unless you get an upgrade to a suite - yes, Virginia the rooms at the Milford are small but adequate. The staff is not too cuddly but hey I am not buying the place. And finally they have VERY reasonable for New York City prices. Period.

Unique Quality: Heat and air conditioning are good. Convienient ice machines - help yourself.

Directions: Theater District

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Great Base to Tour From

My visit to the hotel was about 1984, so I'm sure it has changed for the better or worse since then. I went to NYC with 3 girl friends and this was in our price range, and allowed us to have one big room for the 4 of us. My previous experience in NYC was staying at a more upscale hotel - one of the Helmsley properties, but at the same time my cousin and I had found it not to be so wonderful in the evening - we didn't feel safe out on the street because there wasn't anyone else there. The Milford Plaza was just off Times Square and there were lots of people around, which made me feel better about walking out at night.
    The hotel was basic, and we found it clean enough. Can't remember much about our breakfasts, but think we ate outside the hotel.
    I know we loved the fact that we were able to walk all over the areas we wanted to go to... and then hop a cab when we needed to.

Unique Quality: Location Location Location!

• OK if you are on a budget

The Milford Plaza is okay if you are on a budget. Accommodation in New York is very expensive so I stayed here and the room I was in was in desparate need of repair. I stuck with it for 4 days though, as I was not in New York to spend my time in a hotel room

Unique Quality: Close to Port Authority bus terminal. Great if you are flying into Newark.

• carwol's Profile Photo

Location and economical

Service was good. I stayed in a room with a friend and found out that there was a limit per day per room for cashing travelers cheques (not per person) which made it difficult at times. The staff was friendly. Our bathroom was nice, but we were told that others were not in as good a shape. The pop machine on our floor ran out of drinks the first day and was never replenished. The upside was that it was in a very convenient location, clean, rooms were a good size and it was affordable. I would stay there again and would recommend it to anyone who is not overly concerned with living in the lap of luxury.

Unique Quality: Close to Times Square, Broadway shows, Port Authority (if coming by bus) and within walking distance of many major attractions such as the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden.

Directions: Garment District

• Best location for Times Square

Great location, clean, comfortable, friendly staff, secure. Recommended.

I was on the 23rd floor and could see Times Square from my room.

There is a great cafe next to the hotel (which forms part of the hotel - good value)

Also a good Irish bar where a good looking type like me attracted many a keen man! A VERY friendly place!

Unique Quality: Free alcohol to those who ask.

Biggest room available if you pay a little extra!

Directions: Times Square/Broadway

• clairegeordio's Profile Photo

Milford Plaza - in the heart of Broadway

Despite other reviews I have read elsewhere, my sister and I really loved this hotel! We had a room on the 22nd floor, really quiet. I think it was a corner room, was quite big. It was very clean and comfortable. There is a good front desk where you can book excursions and Broadway show tickets. The security within the hotel is good as when you approach the set of lifts to go to the rooms, there is always a guard who asks to see your room card (key)
    The price was about £220 for 5 nights there and was well worth it

Directions: Just off Times Square, in the Theatre district

• Nexus7's Profile Photo

Best Deal in town

Milford Plaza is conveniently located in the Theatre Distric only blocks from Times Square and a vast array of bars. The staff is courteous and the rooms and nice and plush like you would expect in New York, but you'll barely pay three digits a night to stay here. Sometimes, less depending if you can find a deal.

Unique Quality: Views can be accomodated and staff is 5 star class trained.

• seagoingJLW's Profile Photo

In the Heart of the Theater District

Here you will find 1300 rooms in the heart of where you want to be.

In addition the hotel offers two restaurants, a free fitness center, and a theater, transportation and sightseeing desk.

Unique Quality: There are always special promotions packages available.

• Forget the brochures!

All I can say is forget the brochures! New York is EXPENSIVE, EXPENSIVE EXPENSIVE! I first stayed ay the Milford Plaza hotel on 8th Ave (just off Times Sq.) but for the £105 (sterling) I paid per night I was very unimpressed! It wasnt bad, but the same kind of room I could have got for about £40 at home. On my last visit in Nov. 2002 I stayed at the Belleclaire Hotel up on 72nd street and it cost a total of £380 for six nights (twin room with cable tv, pay per view movies and direct dial phone) - not bad. The quality was the same as the Milford plaza and two other places I stayed after that, but it was much cheaper. I got it off the internet and my advice is you should do the same. Those brochure hotels are a rip off.

Unique Quality: Unless youre used to travelling first class and expect first class accomodation, just be happy with anywhere to put your head down thats clean, cheap and near a subway station so you can get around (most places are). Anywhere in Manhattan is fine uptown or downtown.

Directions: Anywhere in Manhattan.

• pili's Profile Photo

A hotel near Times Square

It´s a huge hotel - over 1,300 rooms - with very comfortable rooms. Located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan's Theater District, Milford Plaza is a good choice for your stay in Manhattan.-

• AR76's Profile Photo

A bed on Broadway

This hotel belongs to the Ramada hotel chain and is located in the heart of Broadway. With Times Square and the famous Broadway theatres at a stone's throw, the Milford Plaza is very central indeed. Rooms are ensuite and have television. When entering the hotel lobby, you would think you were in a fancy five-star hotel, but seeing the rooms brings you back to reality: this is a basic three-star hotel. Breakfast not included.

• J_P_B's Profile Photo

Milford Plaza Hotel

$134 - $240

Unique Quality: The loaction and price of this hotel are both pretty good - we had an initially bad experience, in that we went with another couple and a guy who was by himself. Ridiculously, the guy by himself got given a double bed and we got given a twin room (as a married couple, go figure?).

Our room to start with wasn't great - it had McDonalds wrappers under the beds. We did complain and we got moved to a double room and it was a lot better.

The downstairs bar is good for a laugh. Had some very drunken nights down their after we'd been out on the town. Very amusing.

Directions: 270 West 45th Street, New York, New York