55 Church Street, New York City, New York, 10007, United States

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 37% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Parky1980's Profile Photo

Christmas 2012

We stayed in a room overlooking Ground Zero which was very surreal but also extremely impressive in the level of work which is being done. The hotel was fantastic and in a great location for downtown and quick to get to TriBeca and Soho. Easy access to 3 subways stations, just outside he hotel.

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

Great location easy to use as home base

New York City literally has every type of hotel you can ever ask for ...... but you will pay dearly for location, location, location !!!!!! We have chosen the Millennium Hilton over the years for it's great prices and easy base for exploring NYC .... literally across the street from the old World Trade Center site, it took this hotel 3 years after 9/11 to reopen ...... Every room has been redone and have the classic Hilton style to it .... Upon entering the hotel the first thing you notice is how small the lobby is for a hotel with over 500 rooms, but the staff is efficient, knowledgable and friendly. We were given our room in no more than 5 minutes ..... The concierge even though not a member of the Clef d'Ors scored us some awesome restaurants reservations that I couldn't get. We paid $250 a night for a room on the weekend ... be warned the prices are a bit higher during the week, due to proximity of Wall St. and numerous financial institutions within walking distance of the hotel. Also DO NOT FORGET that NYC has some of the highest TAXES per NIGHT for hotel rooms anywhere in the US ... 14.75% ........

• Great Place But.....

Staff and amenities were just fine and my room was kept spotless during my stay through the Christmas Holidays. The only problem I encountered was not being able to get a seat in the lobby while housekeeping cleaned my room. The problem stemmed from the fact that the World Trade Ctr. was running tours and non-guests were using the lobby for a meeting place and also to get out of the cold. Yes there is a bar in the lobby, that is most definitely opened to the public, but even those seats were being taken up as well and in some cases the occupiers were drinking their own beverages from an outside vendor.
    Subways stops near by...a plus, some good taverns and limited shopping also near by...a plus and of course Wall Street.
    I have stayed there before and would more than likely stay there in the future.

Unique Quality: Great views good gym and pool.

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Sleek Lower Manhattan Hotel

Although not near the center of New York's tourist activities (i.e. Times Square, Midtown) this hotel has much to offer visitors, even families. It is near to several subway lines and bus stops and areas of interest like the Financial District, South St. Seaport, Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, to name a few.
    There are only about 11 rooms on each floor but there are over 50 floors and rooms on the upper floors offer world-class views of different areas of NYC, depending on the direction they are facing. (interesting side note: it is listed among the 10 tallest hotels in the U.S.) Another feature very few Manhattan hotels have- a nice swimming pool! On the 5th floor overlooking Pt. Paul's church next door.
    And it frequently offers better rates compared to the more tourist-frequented hotels in the Midtown area.

Directions: Lower Manhattan, Eastern edge of World Trade Center

• Terrific place in Financial District

Extraordinary views (ask for an upper floor) with really comfortable beds and linens. Great towels in the clean bath. Concierage is very helpful, bellmen efficient. Hotel really quiet (not sure why people say that staying here will construction is going on at the WTC site has been uncomfortably noisy. We didn't hear anything, either from the site, the rooms next door or the elevator/hallway). Check online rates, then call the hotel for the same price - the front desk was very helpful.

Unique Quality: View - from any window, any floor. From the Brooklyn Bridge to Statue of Liberty. Extra large windows in the rooms make it the best possible (and on the 51st floor - no one will see in!)

Directions: Financial District - next to the World Trade Center construction site (literally across the street)

• Very nice place

This place is very warm and inviting. If you don't feel comfortable here, you won't feel comfortable anywhere. Very pleasant staff and good food all around. Relatively mid-range for costs and it is worth every penny!

• cjg1's Profile Photo

One of my favorite NYC hotels

This is one of my favorite places in the city. I usually only come here for special occations and as such get treated very well from the staff. I have never failed to get an upgrade as a diamond here.

• Craigyb10's Profile Photo

Downtown's Best Hotel

*Comfort
    *Style
    *Class
    *Welcoming

All these words come to mind when talking about the Millenium Hilton. I must admit it was a little pricey, but it was my first time in NYC for my 18th so my parents treated me, although next time i go i will not be able to afford it!! But still very worth the money.

**See Pictures below for views from our room**

Unique Quality: *Swimming Pool
    *Next door to twin towers R.I.P.
    *Short distance from China Town :-)
    *Great views
    *Easy access to subway

• AlekToronto's Profile Photo

Good deal..for Manhattan that is!

Having been frustrated by the outrageous rates for midtown/soho hotels..$300 US for a DAYS INN???? I was really pleased to obtain a rate of $199 on the Millenium Hilton website.
    This hotel was completely refurbished a few years back due to 9-11 and looks pretty good. Modern lobby but not so much that it threatens the tourist masses. Hotel was busy but no much that we got an upgrade to a larger room.
    The Hotel is located right across the world trade centre site so that could be good or bad depending on your view...also hotel is not located in a happening area so you need to taxi or subway it everywhere..but since I love to walk and travel like a local the subway worked well for us. The Subway station is right next to the hotel and within 15 mins you can be in Soho, Meatpacking Dist. or midtown.

My one beef was about the beds. Hilton has installed new beds that are supposed to trump the offering at Westin and W's however I must say the new Hilton beds suck..they are so soft that my back ached for a couple of hours each morning. They were so soft that it takes 15 mins just to get out of them..not sure if all beds in the hotel are like that but for someone (like me) that enjoys stiff mattresses it was bad.

Another tip - unless it is included skip the breakfast at the hotel..pricey and substandard..there are far too many choices in NYC to spend your hard earned breakfast dollars here.

Unique Quality: Great weekend rates if you want good quality at a reasonable price.

Directions: Wall street Financial District

• Lower Manhattan Hotel

Our stay here was very pleasant. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, and all amenities worked without a hitch (to include the plasma TV and safe)

Unique Quality: There are subway stations just outside every door of this hotel. It's far enough downtown that it isn't completely crazy 24/7, but within easy striking distance of the rest of the city via the excellent transportation systems. We got a deal on Orbitz, so the price wasn't bad either.

• alanhaggart's Profile Photo

Well located, comfortable and classy

A most enjoyable stay in this stunning hotel - bedroom and bathroom large, stylish, comfortable and spotless with excellent facilities. Bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in, and Wow! that huge plasma TV!! Check-in and -out were easy and fast, transport is very simple with so many subway lines within 50 yards or so. Food/drink very pricey so we ate out - there are literally dozens of cafes and restaurants surrounding the hotel. Many sights and attractions are a short stroll away eg South St seaport, Battery Park & ferry terminal, City Hall, Wall St. This hotel does the Hilton chain proud, and is far superior to the over-priced, grubby hotels of midtown.

Unique Quality: Of course, your room will probably overlook Ground Zero which might not be everyone's first choice; I, however, found it inspiring to see the work begin on the new World Trade Center complex, which will surely stand as a beacon for freedom in the fight against terror and a tribute to the heroes of 9/11.

Directions: Overlooking WTC site in Financial District of Lower Manhattan

• nickibee's Profile Photo

Wonderful hotel in great part of Manhattan

I stayed in this hotel June 2004 for my New York wedding/honeymoon - we wanted somewhere that would make our stay really special. We made the right choice! I would definitely recommend this hotel. The rooms are tastefully furnished with all the facilities you could need and an incredibly comfortable bed, and the bathrooms are beautiful. Staff are efficient and housekeeping staff are thorough and polite. Everything is spotlessly clean. There are not many rooms on each floor so it is also quiet, and public areas are carpeted.

Unique Quality: The Millenium Hilton has an amazing view - if you can get yourself allocated to a high room (we were on floor 52!) so much the better but if not don't worry as each landing has a huge window with an incredible view inlcuding Brooklyn bridge, city hall and the Woolworth building and any guest can take the elevator up to a high floor to see this. We spent hours just sat in our window (floor to ceiling glass) watching the world financial centre and the river beyond, enjoying the changing view and especially some amazing sunsets). Other special features include a pool, and a 42 inch plasma TV in each room.

Directions: Beside World Trade Centre site in lower Manhattan

• deadites's Profile Photo

I stayed there pre-9/11

I loved the location of this Hotel. Right across from the Trade Centre, where I did quite a bit of shopping at the then Underground shopping plaza. It was also where I would catch the PATH train to go back to my Mom's in New Jersey. Convenient because my sister worked a block away.

It was just such a convenient location for everything..

Directions: Across the street from Ground Zero.

• Radiomom's Profile Photo

Be Aware of the View

I'm always ready to jump on a weekend hotel deal to make a trip to the city. In Aug 2003 we got a room at the Millenium Hilton for $125. (Rack rate is $299 I've seen similar deals at this hotel, being in the Financial district it is really "down" town, but there's a lot to do in the area.) Recently refurbished and reopened after 9/11, this place has all the bells and whistles you could want. 42" plasma screen TV, marble bath, big fluffy white towels, high-end linens on a very comfortable pillowtop mattress bed, great pillows, sound system, high speed internet, and the standard double room is VERY roomy with a great arm chair and hassock as well as a functional desk to work at (with that high-speed 'net I mentioned). Staff was great. Parking is expensive @$45/night.

Unique Quality: The view from our 47th floor was amazing, but you really need to understand that this hotel is directly across from Ground Zero. It makes you feel very mortal.

You are right across from the subway, and the great mecca for bargain shoppers, Century 21 is quite near by. $$$$$

• Millenium UN Hotel

$90 USD

Unique Quality: I got a great deal from Priceline ($90 per night). I was 3 blocks from Grand Central, where I could catch the subway to anywhere, including the airport for $1.50 (I did have to transfer to a city bus also), which is much better than a $40 cab ride. The room was newly remodeled and had a great view on the 37th floor. The hotel also had a fitness center, pool, and tennis court. The pool was great after a long day of sightseeing. I felt very safe in the hotel and the surrounding area.

Directions: Across the street from United Nations Headquarters and 3 blocks from Grand Central Station.

More about Millenium Hilton

A spot to see Ground Zero

by Catpurring

I am taking a group into New York City and we are planning to visit Ground Zero. Some of us will take the walking tour and some will visit the museum.
After my passengers are finished i like to give them a spot ot meet. Recently on "Rescue Me" there was a scene where Dennis Leary was having a drink overlokking the site, was this just a set or was it a real bar/restaurant? If it was real it would be a perfect place for us all to meet?

Any ideas?

Re: A spot to see Ground Zero

by nyceagle1633

I don't watch that show, but maybe it was a bar in the Hotel across the street, which I know has a bar. http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/NYCMLHH-Millenium-Hilton-New-York/index.do

Re: A spot to see Ground Zero

by Catpurring

Thanks so much for your reply but unfortunately, as near as i can see from their website the Hilton Millennium has only a downstairs bar. But I'll keep looking, thanks

Comments