Millennium UN Plaza New York

One United Nations Plaza, 44th Street, New York City, New York, 10017-3575, United States

ONE UN New York
Hotels.com Priceline.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Ipanema_Princess's Profile Photo

A nice 4* hotel near the UN

I had a very pleasant stay at the hotel Millenium. And it was a true relief to come back to my room with the snow storm outside !
    The room was of a medium size, with simple but nice furniture (maybe a plasma tv would have been better for this level of hotels). All very clean.
    And most of all...an amazing view !! All rooms are located in the higher levels of this building so you are sure to have a breathtaking look at the city (some of them have a great view on the Chrysler building).
    The staff in the lobby was helpful and caring.
    I liked the location of the hotel. It is just nearby the United Nations. From a walking distance to the Grand Station Terminal. And you can even walk to Times Square (about 20 mn).

Unique Quality: The hotel has a swimming pool and an indoor tennis court at the 39th floor !

• MOSSETT's Profile Photo

Excellent Hotel !

We really enjoyed this hotel.
    The service was excellent and the room was fantastic !
    We were upgraded to a Penthouse Suite which had two bathrooms and two bedrooms, a kitchen and living room.
    Excellent views of the city as it was 39 floors up.

Unique Quality: You could see such a lot of Manhatton and the river on one side and all the bridges.
    The swimming pool is also excellent at this hotel.
    We really enjoyed the food here also, they were very friendly and polite.
    We also received a letter when we arrived home to thank us for staying with them which was a nice touch.

Directions: 44th and 1st Avenue. Good location - quick cab ride to most attractions.

More about Millennium UN Plaza New York

Affordable first class accommodations

by TripAdvisor Member Ryan.W

In a world of accepted mediocrity it is nice to get a surprise of good service. The Millenium UN Plaza was just that. From beginning to end the hotel staff were very pleasant and accommodating. Check-in/check-out was a breeze, valet and bellmen service impeccable, maid service thorough and unobtrusive and the bartender/waitstaff at the Ambassador Grill were super-efficent. The rooms were very modern with outstanding views. If I was forced to offer a criticism only two things come to mind: no ice bucket in room and no ice machine on my floor, and elevators were somewhat slow. Otherwise an outstanding first class hotel at a reasonable price in a nice neighborhood.

Great Hotel, Great Views, Great Location

We stayed recently at the Millennium Un Plaza during a weekend break in NY. I'd read the reviews posted here and was hoping I wouldn't be disappointed. I wasn't. We were accommodated in a room on the 38th floor, and the views were spectacular. It was just fantastic to return every night to such splendid sights from out of the window. The only let down was the room being a little rough around the edges and the bathroom a bit tired and old. We found the hotel staff welcoming, the atmosphere in the hotel was very relaxed, and we made use of the pool and sauna, which was a real bonus for two stressed-out workaholics. We didn't use the Ambassador's Grill Restaurant but a glimpse at the menu showed very reasonable prices and appetizing dishes. The bar was fun and good for night caps. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back.

Fantastic hotel

We stayed at the Millennium UN Plaza for 5 nights at the end of April. After reading the reviews on here we were both very impressed. Our room was on the 35th floor facing away from the centre towards one of Donald Trumps buildings, the views were still excellent, we did want to stay in a corner room but the hotel was fully booked during our stay. The room was lovely, very modern and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very spacious and clean and covered in mirrors. We visited the famous John's Place and the chinese across the road which were both great. We also saw a film being made with Nicole Kidman and Sean Penn, across the road at the UN, which was very exciting. Our holiday was amazing and I didn't want to come home. The only downside was the hotel isn't located very centrally and the nearest tube station in Grand Central station, so be prepared to walk. If your looking for a lovely hotel in a really safe part of town choose this one!

Wicked stay

My boyfriend took me to New York for my 18th birthday. After a very very long trip (we are both scared of flying) and catching the bus into New York at ruch hour we could wait to get to the hotel. We got in a minibus that took us to many other hotels first and when we turned the corner to the UN Millenium it was like magic.Hotel is gorgous. Minibar is stocked up all the time. Free use of the swimming pool was great. Its close to many attractions including a breakfast cafe, an IRISH bar, a liqour store and a KFC. It was also very close to Grand Central, Chrysler and Central Park.The only negative points were the prices to eat in the resteraunt. We payed $50 to eat to horrible small meals. Also when we got home my partner had been debited ?300 from his card that the hotel had taken for insurance reasons.....??!!However we got it back straight away and looked forward to heading back to this hotel every night. It is the 'Dogs B*****s'.

"Great" BUT MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN THE NEW SECTION!!!

My wife and I stayed at the Millenuim U.N. Hotel from March 19-21, 2004. We booked it on hotwire for $140 a night, which we figured was pretty cheap for a 4 start hotel in NYC. We were impressed with the location and lobby, but when they took us up to our room, we were shocked! The lobby smelled and room looked like it had not been updated since 1970. It was old, musty, and completely outdated. My wife and I were very disappointed. So, we went down the front desk and complained.
Thank God we did! They changed our room to the otherside of the hotel, which is new and completely updated. The room was 180 degrees different. New, great view, clean, and an excellent and comfortable bed. I would definitely stay here again, but make sure they put you in an updated room!!!! Otherwise, forget it!

Wow!

by TripAdvisor Member trientalis

We booked this hotel because it was a deal- it turned out to be amazing. Haveing stayed in many exceptional places, the room was top notch. The lobby is a bit weird, but our modern room had excellent lighting, windows on two sides that overlooked the entire city, and nice velvet pillows and great beds. Plues- this area is very safe at night to walk around because of the UN and security. A great deal.

We booked two rooms for my wife and I and our two grown up children for five nights from the 11 April 2004 based on the reviews on this site (and of course the price). This was our second trip to New York, mind you the first trip was 25 years ago, but the first for the kids. We had rooms on the other side of the hotel on the 35th floor,i.e. not facing the Chrysler and Empire buildings but found the views terrific, even though for two days we were above the clouds. The rooms were very clean and not a bad size with no noise problems and only minor scuff marks on the wall near the main door.
The hotel was pretty busy, mainly it appeared with air crew and U.N./business people, and the staff were very helpful although amazingly they all struggled to advise the best place to buy a mini IPOD. They kept insisting I wanted to buy a tripod - it must be the accent. The hotel is in a good, safe spot, slightly off the beaten track however this can be a bit off putting when you have walked yourself into the ground as we did. Tip - if the other half suggests it would be a good idea to walk to Battery Park ignore her/him and get a cab, my back has still not recovered.
As others on this site we had breakfast each day at the nearby Johns, excellant value, friendly service and good free entertainment listening to New Yorkers on their way to work. As for New York what can you say other than take a stool with you if your foolish enough to accompany your daughter into H&M, Gap, Banana Republic etc else you may lose the will to live. Can't wait to go back, but not in another 25 years or else I will have to be pushed round.

Rude, Disorganized

After flying into New York and going to check in, I was rudely informed that my reservation was actually for the night before, and that I could not stay there. Odd considering the flight and hotel were booked together. I was left without a place to stay for the evening. Beware of this hotel and the disorganization and rudeness of its employees. I strongly recommend avoiding this hotel at all costs.

UN Plaza with all the country member flagsUN Plaza with all the country member flags

Millennium UN Plaza Hotel

by Marcel73

I will stay at this hotel in may and i wonder if somebody can give me some information about the hotel.Is it a good choice or not?
thanks
greetings from Oslo
Marcel

Re: Millennium UN Plaza Hotel

by 10028

Here's the review page from tripadvisor:

Whether it's a good deal or not depends on how much you're paying for it. It's fairly convenient -- the subway at Grand Central is about five minutes away, and there are crosstown buses that run along 42nd St.

Re: Millennium UN Plaza Hotel