Mount Morris House

12 Mount Morris Park West, (formerly The El Greco), New York City, New York, 10027, United States

More about New York City

Unique facade of office buildingUnique facade of office building

view from freewayview from freeway

barbar

eatingeating

Nightlife!

by jjbraley

I am traveling to NYC with my boyfriend a little over a week from now and we really want to try and take advantage of the nightlight at least 1 night that we are there. Now, we are going to be there a Sunday-Wednesday so I know that most places might not be open as late as on the weekends, but does anyone have any suggestions for me? I would really like to find a fun bar or club to go dancing, have a few drinks, etc... Thank you for your help!

by TOPSHELFPUBCRAWLER

Hi JJ
I know NYC a little. In my early 40's so I am not one to hit the dance floor anymore. You may want to give these a try. Look them up on the net and see what is your speed. I will not vouch for any of them as some are seen as over priced or rude, which can be said of just about any club anywhere. Some people, visitors and locals alike rave about them. I do not live in NYC or run in that crowd, but I do visit for business often and these are the ones I hear about most:

Enjoy your trip.

Cheers!

Pacha NYC
618 W 46th St (Between 11th Avenue and West Side Highway)
New York, NY 10036
212.209.7500
Four different floors, four different experiences.

Touch

289 10th Avenue
New York, NY 10001-7003
(646) 473-0202 ‎
marqueeny.com
Gets a knock sometimes because of the doormen
Once sharp, young, attractive clientele, now I hear it is creepy old guys like me, but with money.

Home / Guesthouse Night Club

New York, NY 10019
(212) 629-9000 ‎
m2ultralounge.com

by ter1413

Also, when in doubt...check out:

And nYc spots do stay open late during the week so you can def have a good time!

by nyceagle1633

Close 4AM almost every night, there's always someplace in NYC open till 4AM.

by clunker

NYC is the city that never sleeps, bar closing isn't till 4 am, and it's usually not too hard to find an "after hours" place as well. It's been a few years, but many is the time my friends and I stumbled out of a village pub only to have deal with the sun shining in our bloodshot eyes! ;) Have a blast!

Travel Tips for New York City

Booking Broadway Shows

by risse73

I have been to New York in the last 3 consecutive years to specifically watch Broadway musicals. I pre-reserve tickets on-line because I like to get into shows that I really want to see. The official on-line Broadway provider is telecharge (http://www.telecharge.com/) and it lets you view the seating arrangement and allows you to select from it before you solidify and confirm your purchase.

Have fun and enjoy your show!!! Broadway musicals, food vendors in street corners, tons of shopping opportunities, walking, sight-seeing, and people-watching

Great sightseeing!

by Peste

Take the Staten Island Ferry!!
It takes you past the Statue od Liberty, Ellis Island and gives a great opportunity to take pictures of Manhatan.
And best of all, it's free!!!
If you don't wan to stay at Staten Island, after leaving the boat, turn around to take the same boat back.

New York City Tip

by Jules_1

I have many fond memories of New York but one memory will stay with me forever. As a traveller you tend to see many beggers all over the world but this one fellow was extremely resourseful and I just couldn't help but give him a dollar.
We were walking down fifth avenue and this rasta man was begging in a very unusual way. Around him was a sign that read 'go off at me for $1' I took one look at him and laughed because he was quite jovial, he had a swipe at me and I had one back, subsequently I had to give him a dollar.

See the big buildings - you...

by Tertius

See the big buildings - you cannot really miss them.

If you wait 10 years before going there :
There will be even more, and they will be even bigger. The sunset as featured in the picture above.

As you may have surmised from...

by Paula1971

As you may have surmised from the photos, my favorite stop was the Statue of Liberty. You've seen her a million times on tv but nothing prepares you for the real thing. She has a 'vibe' or something that you don't get from the pictures. When you read the 'New Colossus' it really brings it home too. I would completely recommend that everyone see the Lady. If you go off-season it will help with the crowds too. We were there at the end of January and the beginning of February. The weather was fine if you dressed properly. I dressed too warm and ended up having to buy clothes so I wouldn't melt.

Comments