132 West 45th Street, New York City, New York, 10036, United States

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• barbskie's Profile Photo

Just a few steps to Times Square

We had a pleasant stay . Good service. Friendly atmosphere. It is very recommendable because of its central location.

Unique Quality: Coffe maker, Free newspaper

Directions: A few steps from Swatch store & Planet Hollywood (6th st.)

More about Night Hotel

night hotel was very stylish

by TripAdvisor Member mikenpaula

we thought the paramount was nice but was not as nice as the night hotel. the rooms are larger than the paramount and the tv was a plasma on the wall. nice robes in the closet and the bed was so comfortable. we never went to the hotel bar so i dont know what that is like but we did eat breakfast across the street at cranberry gourmet . we highly recommend . it was wonderful the breakfast was so cheap and good., the hotel even had a kama sutra book in the desk next to the bed, and a bose radio cd player too. none of the housekeeping bothered us during our 2 day stay they just left a note under the door if we wanted housekeeping. you even get a free new york times every day you stay there. the doorman even got us a cab when we left. loved it loved it.have fun.

Chic Funky Fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member Kaaron

We stayed in Night Hotel while we were in town seeing a Broadway show. Night was edgy and fun. The rooms were typical NYC sized small rooms, but they were very stylish and huber comfortable. The bed linens were to die for, and the sweet plasma tv's were a very nice touch. I loved the intimacy of the Night hotel and would very definitely stay there again.

Funky but don't try to swing your cat!

by TripAdvisor Member Fancypants1

Stayed 3 nights here on our honeymoon recently and i have to say that its a cool hotel. The room are extremly tiny though, so tiny in fact that we didn't unpack and lived out or our suitcase for a few days which was ok but apart from that everything else was great. The bed was very comfortable, massive flatscreen tv directly on the wall in front of our bed, cool stereo. All the toiletries are top brands and very nice. The mini is way over priced ($7 for a bottle of water) but again all the stuff in the mini bar is top quality too. The staff were very friendly. The location is fantastic, go out the front door, turn left and you're on Time square in 15 seconds!! We really enjoyed our stay in the night hotel. Compared to other hotels across the states the price wasn't cheap but i think for New york and it's location on time square its good value. The only other negitive things, apart from the room size, about our stay was the room didn't have a safe and the towels in the shower room were stained. We asked to have them changed and the front desk did so immediately and we very apologetic but unfortunately the replacment towels were equally stained but apart from that the room was very clean. When i go back to new york i will be checking in at the hotel night again, for sure. Also, we managed to catch a show on broadway which was a 2 minute walk from the hotel.

Cockroach in bed -- 'oh, we're sorry'

by TripAdvisor Member HighStandard

I stayed at the Night Hotel for three nights the week before NYC Fashion Week, so the hotel and the city were both very full. This was my first stay at the Night and I was optimistic from the reviews, however, I do recall every having such a horrible three days at a hotel as I did here.

The first night, I went to bed in the very small, very dark room and pulled back the covers and went to bed. I don't have a habit to inspect a bed before I get in it, so I didn't and was horrified when I woke up to find I had slept in bed with a dead cockroach all night. Absolutely disgusted, I took this to the main reception desk and told them what happened, to which they said, 'oh, that's disgusting. We will tell housekeeping. We're sorry.' That was it. No discounted night. No note from the manager. Apparently, this sort of thing must happen often because I seemed to be the only person in shock over this. Needless to say, this is not a very relaxing place to say. In addition to the cockroach, my second night I was awoken to a party next door to my room at 2.30am which went on for most the night. Again, when I told the hotel in the morning, I was told, 'oh yes, that was quite a party up there last night. You should have called security.' To which I said, is it my job to police your hotel or yours? If you knew about it, why didn't you stop it?

If you're young and trying hard to emulate London chic, this is the hotel for you. If you are looking for a clean and quiet NYC hotel, I recommend you keep walking past the Night.

such a good hotel. the decor is fantastic. Hotel staff were so helpfull,especially Steve, Duty Manager. anything we needed we got it straight away. the room was very clean. not very big but all u will be doing is sleeping in it, if u r in your room for any length of time there is something wrong, your in NYC u will b out all day. hotel very central and opposite a great irish bar, O'Lunney's. the atmosphere and food is great here.I would deffinately go back to this hotel

Fabulous time!

by TripAdvisor Member SueLoo

My boyfriend came down for a visit and we stayed the weekend at Night. The decor was just our style and made us want to spend more time in the room than out in Times Square. The staff were wonderfully attentive and friendly. Bose sound system, 42-inch plasma TV, you can even borrow a DVD player from the front desk (though there are no DVDs to rent Virgin Records is right around the corner), and there was even a leather Coach chair in my room! The rooms were of a decent size for NYC, the location was ideal. Great for couples, I don't know if I would suggest it for families as it is not ideal for children.

Very Hip Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BritGuyanese

Just returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel. Overall we were very happy with our choise of hotel.

In summary, the good points were as follows:

. Excellent location - 2mins walk from Times Square etc..
. The decor was extremenly chic throughout the hotel
. Staff were very professional and courteous
. Plasma TV and Bose sound systems were a nice touch
. Beds were comfortable

The bad points were:

. Rooms were very small
. Bar was small
. No bathtub, only a shower in which water would spill over onto floor

All in all, we were very happy with our choice of hotel, particularly for the price we had paid.

Ubercool!

by TripAdvisor Member fluf297

The hotel certainly lived up to expectations, and previous reviews! Booked as a surprise for my boyfriend, he adored the "adult theme" of the place, the striking looks and the way its like nothing either of us have ever seen before. Staff couldn't have been more helpful and the service was good, considering the hotel had only been open a few months. The bed was so comfortable we managed to oversleep everyday. Just get used to the fact that its New York and NO rooms are large in this price bracket!

Cool Room/Weird Quirks/Disappointing Service

by TripAdvisor Member spinner3

Yes, the rooms are small. Yes, that is the standard in NYC. So, let's overlook that and focus on constructive things.

The bed is very comfortable. The tv is great and so is the radio. No complaints there.

Here is the critique.

The bathroom is poorly designed. No bath (forgiveable) and the shower glass only goes across half of the shower (unforgiveable) allowing water to go all over the bathroom.

The room was poorly designed, such that the curtain does not go fully across the window, allowing light to come through right near the bed! For a place called "Night" this is not what I expected.

Finally, on their website they offer free shoeshine overnight. When I called to have my shoes picked up the staff had no idea what I was talking about and told me they didn't do that. Oh well.

The location is great. So, if these quirks don't bother you then you will probably enjoy it.

WEDDING NIGHT HOTEL

by islesman

Can anyone suggest a nice romantic hotel for a wedding night?

by zuriga

There are some small hotels in Manhattan that are cozy and not over the top and glitzy. Unfortunately, most are not inexpensive. I wouldn't mind a wedding night at either The Mark or The Wales, The Shoreham or the not too well known Fitzpatrick Manhattan which is used by BA staff.

by sjbeatty8

I havent been there yet but in two weeks I am staying at the Michelangeo Hotel right 51st & 6th Ave. and from the pictures and the information/reviews we have read this is the place we picked for a nice romantic.. not outragiously priced hotel. I suggest you take a look and if your not needing to know for a few weeks id be happy to update you upon our return

RE: RE: WEDDING NIGHT HOTEL

by zuriga

I've passed the Michelangelo many times... sorry I forgot that one but glad someone did. It looks like a very nice place and the location is also a good one.

by vcom

The newly built Orient Manderin Hotel overlooking Central Park. You wont hv any reason to leave your room at all!

Comments