Oakwood at Ocean 1 West Street

Good For No Data

More about New York City

Bailey Fountain, Grand Army Plaza, BroBailey Fountain, Grand Army Plaza, Bro

rainyrainy

with my friend from chicagowith my friend from chicago

the baconthe bacon

Best Dwli

by timba

Looking for the best Deli in NYC. Love a good Pastrammi,

Thanks all

by dustmon

In my humble southern opinion, I say Carnegie Deli, at 854 7th ave at 55th street.....incredible mile-high pastrami sandwiches! Enjoy!

dustmon

by TexasDave

I agree. Also in Times Sq. ares is Maxie's ( I have a pic of such a sandwich on my tips page for Maxie's) Also Katz's Deli, further downtown on 205 E Houston St.

by hawkhead

Does Nathan's on Times Square still exist? I have very fond memories of it but it may well be a place of the past.

by SOLODANCER

they're everywhere

try the great Zabar's in the upper Westside on Broadway (80's)

by MacedonianUK

Nothing, but nothing can be better than KAT'Z DELI
Proper Jewish deli.
Institution in NYC. It is on:
05 E Houston St
New York, 10002
(212) 254-2246.
It is on the East side.
Worth to trek from Mid-town to get to Kat'z.

Easy to get there with bus and metro.

by timba

Whoa! thanks everyone, I'm going to be busy eating.

by MacedonianUK

sorry should be:
205 E Houston St
New York, 10002
(212) 254-2246

opening hours:
Mon-Tue,Sun 8am-10pm; Wed-Thu 8am-11pm; Fri-Sat 8am-3am

by dustmon

Yeah Katz's places a close second.....We had a Katz's in Atlanta 10 years ago or so.....MMMMMM! :o>

by ForestqueenNYC

I only went there once, but I think Second Avenue Deli should be included in the list. It has moved from Second Avenue to it's present location 162 East 33rd Street (between Lexington Avenue and Third Avenue)with a new owner.

by losham

Katz's is the best. Make sure you DO NOT sit at the wait staff tables (against the wall). The fun of Katz's is getting the sandwich at the counter yourself. Also one sandwich is enough for two people -- you can ask for extra bread and make a second sandwich.

Losham

by nyceagle1633

CARNEGIE

Travel Tips for New York City

5 Famous Attractions Pass

by Mikebb

Want to see 5 of the biggest attractions in New York City at only half the entry price, plus you do not have to line up for entry tickets at each attraction, also you go to the front of the line for entry.
We regret not purchasing the pass, a good example we had an all up wait in line for 1.5 hours to purchase our ticket and gain entry to the Empire State Building Observatory. Time totally wasted. With the 2 hour Circle Line Harbour Cruise we waited 30 minutes and so on.

www.citypass.com
(707) 256 0490

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

by cruisingbug

Although I've lived near NYC for 7 years, we'd never gone to the Thanksgiving parade. In 2003, since my family was in town, we made a trip to the Natural History Museum even more special since they were inflating the parade balloons on the street nearby.

Go to Rockafeller Center,see...

by rossandkelli

Go to Rockafeller Center,see the Statue of Liberty, FAO Schwartz (largest toy store), take a cab ride, ride the subway, eat a hot dog from a street vendor (pretzels are good too), shop in the village, go to the good morning amercia show, see a broadway show (you can get tickets at the half price ticket booth the day of the shows), go to central park, there are so many things to do...just have fun I have only been to New York in the Winter Time. My family and I would drive from our home in PA to New York every year to see the Rockettes 'Christmas Spectacular' at Radio City Music Hall. What a show! Anyway, we would always go shopping at Macy's...if you don't want to shop you at least have to go see the holiday displays, go to FAO Schwartz, eat dinner somewhere different (MoTown Cafe is cool) and go to Rockafeller center to watch everyone skate (I always wanted to skate but the wait can be up to 3 hours at the holidays! And of course you must go see the Christmas Tree!!!

The Twin Towers!

by Will-Cathy

Just the atmosphere of the place! Every bit of it was a blast! One funny thing happened in Times Square. A man with a very thick Eastern accent came up to us and said, 'Are you and actor or a singer?!' I said, 'My husband's a singer!' So the guy pulled out his bag and said, 'Oh, honey, I got somethin' fer you! Can you give me your autograph? Do you know Ephram Zimblast, Jr.? Can you get me in with him? Do you know any big names?' My husband said, 'Yes, I know Jesus!' So, my husband gave a man his autograph in Times Square.

'Time Square' is a must, I bet...

by yumi53

'Time Square' is a must, I bet everyone knew that. Shining lights full of both sides of streets, all kinds of people walking around you, American, South American, Asian, European, like whole world in this city. I think I just enjoyed EVERY SINGLE MOMENT in NY, so if you want to ask me what's my favorite memory...mmm...I would answer you, NO ANSWER, just being there, I would get happy anyway.:)

Comments