Oakwood at West 53rd

More about New York City

Nightime ViewNightime View

orderingordering

posterposter

to the museumto the museum

White Christmas In New York

by Travelholic123

Just wondering if anyone knows that the weather forcast is for Christmas in New York, and what are the chances of a White Christmas this year?

Thanks!

by nicolaitan

come back to us in 10 days or so for an accurate estimate, too early. new york weather, like so many places, is unpredictable at best.

by Agraichen

Right now @%$#%# cold and wet for the weekend. Check in about the 18th for more updates.

by anilpradhanshillong

On of my most trusted sites on weather forecast:

by ter1413

Pls also provide the winning numbers for the Powerball for this week...

by nicolaitan

please come back to us in ten days or so for an accurate estimate. new york powerball numbers tend to be unpredictable.

by ter1413

LOL!

by yvr

Perhaps you should direct your question to mother nature or to a fortune teller.

by dino335

generally speaking, we don't have many white christmases in NYC. Histroically, chances of one inch of snow are 10% 2-5 inches 7% 10 or more inches 0%.

Source: http://weather.about.com/od/cloudsandprecipitation/l/bl_new_york_christmas.htm

by Bowsprit

I like wunderground.com for information on weather forecasts and historical weather patterns:

The idea of a white Christmas in the city is more romantic than the reality of slushy, icy sidewalks, over-burdened tree branches breaking and falling on people, frozen steps, taxis sliding all over the place, etc. Bah, humbug. ;)

by Dymphna1

With all the global warming going on - pretty good I would say.

Travel Tips for New York City

NYC Public Transportation

by SirSmooth

My recommendation is to use public transportation once you arrive there.You can go to mta trip planner.org. To look up ways to travel from JFK to 57th & central park. For further information, about the NYC area, go to my blog. Philly-nuyork.com

Music in NY

by Shakermaker

When i got to New York i immediatly bought the Time Out magazine. I found this mag to be really useful, it gave a lot of info on concerts (i was particulary interested in this) for the peroid of a week. It really amased me the amount of bands that play every night in this city....you have like 10-12 bands playing each night (counting rock bands only).
I decided to see a few bands to a place i can't recall the name right now, it was located on Houston and Essex, had a really good time and the place was pretty cool.

There is a 3D IMAX movie...

by JoyDewing

There is a 3D IMAX movie called 'Across the Sea of Time - New York in 3D' that plays once a week at the Loews Theatre at 68th Street and Broadway. It is a beautifully made, awe-inspiring introduction to New York. I always take my visitors to see it at the beginning of their trip. It will make you want to see all the different parts of the city that are shown in the film.

For more information about this film, go to

Call the theatre for showtimes: (212) 336-5000 1. My first visit to New York was when I was a college student dreaming about being a New York City actress. My friend took me on my first subway ride, and when we climbed up the stairs out of the subway I got my first view of Times Square. I got tears in my eyes.

2. My fiancee gives amazing tours of the city, and when I first moved here he gave me a tour of Central Park. Now I make him give it to all my friends.

Once youwould have had to go...

by carstenj

Once youwould have had to go to the top of the World Trade Center for the view. Now you will have to take in the view from up Empire State Building, which by the way has a great view and is a lot more charming and historical. is going to one of the small bars with R&B music playing in the Village. There's a special atmophere that everything but mainstream and pretentious, and this IS NYC.

Calendar of what is going on in the city

by iam1wthee