Omni Berkshire Hotel

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Omni Berkshire Hotel

Stay here!

by TripAdvisor Member mepenny

Stayed at the Omni Berkshire with my husband the weekend before Thanksgiving. Great room, wonderful staff - the concierge staff is incredible. Even the doorman went out of his way to be helpful with taxis, directions, etc. Hint: much more affordable if you book with Expedia and get the hotel WITH the flight!

Satisfied with the Omni

We stayed at the Omni for the weekend and were quite happy with the size of the room, the service, and the location. We had a great time and it was nice to go back to clean and comfortable room. Stayed at the W New York a few weeks ago and didn't care for it. The Omni rooms are more clean and spacious. We booked on Hotwire and they didn't give us the less desirable room because of this. The only negative was that the walls sometimes seemed a bit thin. In any case, I hate to stay in the same hotel more than once, but I would stay here again and would definitely recommend it.

Great stay at the Omni!

by TripAdvisor Member NHTennis

Great location, friendly staff, beautiful room....This is a great hotel to stay at to avoid the crowds of some of the Midtown West hotels. Would definitely stay there again. The staff gave a great recommendation for breakfast during our check-out---the Palladium diner on 53rd and Madison.

Great experience at the Omni

We stayed at the Omni in NYC in July '04. We were upgraded to a suite, and the suite was beautiful. Everything in it was either leather, marble, silk, or crystal. The bed was the most comfortable I've experienced in a hotel and had a down comforter. The staff was friendly, accommodating, and it was apparent they enjoyed their jobs, and wanted everyone to have a wonderful stay. It was a great experience and located in a good area of the city, we were able to walk to most sites of interest. I would highly recommend it and will stay there again.

Wonderful stay at the Omni

Stayed in the Omni from Sept 2 through the 7th on my annual US Open Tennis vacation. Can't ask for a better location. Just a half a block away from the expensive Fifth Avenue shopping. My buddy works for Saks so walking just 2-3 blocks I was there. I tried for a free upgrade but being Labor Day Weekend no luck. The regular deluxe room is small but cozy. I was in a back corner on the 4th floor so I had absolutely no view but the building is only 25 stories tall so being NY at any floor the view would have be limited at most. The room was quite quiet and the bed was very comfortable. Beautiful marble bathroom. The drawer and closet spaces were very small so hopefully you are traveling alone. Hotel staff very friendly and extremely helpful. Looked at the room service prices and wow you know you are in NY. There are wonderful deli's all over especially the one right across the street from the hotel so breakfast and lunch was very reasonable. Only disappointment was the hotel lobby. I stayed at the Waldorf last year so I kinda excepted something similar. Guess I'm just spoiled. Anyway, I recommend this hotel highly.

Thanks Omni ... we loved you

We can't praise the Omni highly enough. If this is 4*, you don't need 5*.

Having booked through Priceline, we were surprised but pleased to have been upgraded to a suite. The room was terrific.

Staff were courteous and helpful, without being pushy. Concierge was terrific when needed. No incidental costs for baggage checks.

Thanks Omni ... we'll see you again one day.

Will stay here again

by TripAdvisor Member PlazMan

My wife and I came to New York for a four-night combination of work and vacation in early October 2004. We've previously stayed at the W hotel on Lex a few blocks away, but we much preferred the Omni this time. The staff were all very friendly, the rooms were spacious and very comfortable, and the cost was reasonable (by Manhattan standards).

The only minuses were a small amount of inter-room noise through the wall from the adjoining room and the lack of a view (we had a window overlooking a drab utility space).

The best part about the Omni, though, was it's location. Fifty-second street is pretty quiet on this block (very little street noise), yet the hotel is within walking distance of lots of great places: Central Park, 5th ave shopping, subway access, classy restaurants, Times Square, and Rockefeller Center. We will probably try to stay here from now on whenever we come back to New York.

Pricey...but nice

Stayed here with my daughter Oct 28-31. Paid over $350 a night but was not disappointed. Location is excellent, within walking distance to shopping, Times Square theatres, Rockefeller Center, and several subway stops. We were able to check in at 12:00 noon which is uncommon for NYC. Room was what we requested meeting all our needs including two double beds. Rooms with two beds are difficult to come by in NYC. Our room was large enough to accomodate the beds and leave room for living. In fact the room was large by New York standards. Staff was very helpful. Great concierge service, brilliant doormen, and most importantly they allowed a late check out of 2:00 pm on Sunday! This was truly appreciated. Only disappointment was the bathroom. It could use more space and room to store your "bathroom items". The hotel provided a quiet, unhurried place to rest and return to everyday. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone interested in spending time discovering the Big Apple.

What a FANTASTIC Hotel

Having stayed in many hotels all around the world, and a good few in New York, the Omni gets my vote. The Omni is one of New York’s finer hotels, with wonderful staff that take pride in their service with a ‘nothing is too much trouble’ attitude. Excellent rooms, which are not a bad size, compared to others in New York, and a restaurant that was truly fantastic. What particularly impressed me is that you are made to feel like you are the most important guest in the hotel, you are not simply a room number but an individual.

The Omni should be proud of themselves; they have found the perfect balance in customer care. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation. Only negative comment, (if I am being picky) is that it’s not cheap!! But you pay for what you get, and boy when you pay you get luxury!! I will remember the Omni long after I have forgotten the bill.

Premiere location to shopping and business

A lovely hotel in the middle of everywhere - My husband conducted business and I shopped. The staff and service are friendly and very accommodating.

View from Top of The rock of ESBView from Top of The rock of ESB

tip the cab drivertip the cab driver

buying stuff for friendsbuying stuff for friends

Botanical Garden' glasshouseBotanical Garden' glasshouse

ROOSEVELT HOTEL IN NEW YORK

by danielahour

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE GOING TO NYC FOR THE FIRST TIME IN AUG AND WE WILL BE STAYING IN A SUPERIOR KING ROOM AT THE ROOSEVELT ON MADISON. CAN ANYONE TELL US WHAT THEY ARE LIKE. HEAR SOME HORROR STORIES. VERY CONCERNED. HEARD THE BATHROOM ARE SMELLY AND THE BEDS HAVE BED BUGS. DISGUSTING. CAN YOU HELP.

by johngayton

Firstly please don't shout when using forums - when you write in capital letters that is shouting.

Secondly you will get mixed reviews about the Roosevelt and so it's down to your own decision as to whether you decide to stay there. It's central and basic and not particularly cheap - you may be better off staying in a brand name hotel if you can afford it.

If you are trying to do NY city cheaply I'd suggest staying over the river in New Jersey where the hotels are half the price and the transport links are excellent.

by nicolaitan

some people are very satisfied, some are most certainly not. the location is convenient to midtown and to subways most everywhere. suggest you check the dates of the reviews you have read and emphasize the most recent as there were plans to upgrade things there a bit.

by coco18530

I have friends who stayed there last month and where very happy with the rooms and the location of the hotel.

by Odinnthor

The key to reading reviews is to ignore the "absolutely fabulous" ones as they may be fake, - and ignore the "absolutely horrible" ones as well as they may be revenge oriented for some percieved wrong done to the poster. That leaves the realistic ones, and those are the relatively honest ones. Good luck.....d:o)

by yvr

Perhaps you should have done your homework prior to booking.

by Bunsch

We stayed at the Roosevelt in December 2009 -- see my review. It was fine. The only real challenge was that the room was overheated (it is an old hotel with steam heat, which tends to rise to higher floors). The air conditioners should work well, however. No problem for us with smells or bed bugs.

by nyceagle1633

I work near it and often go to Mad46 (rooftop lounge) or the Lindt shop for chocolate and it is really nice, has a nice bar, very beautiful hall. Never been in the rooms. The location is very good as you are right next to Grand Central Terminal and only a 10 minute walk to Times Square and Bryant Park.

Comments