Park Central New York Hotel

870 Seventh Avenue at 56th Street, New York City, New York, 10019-4038, United States

Park Central
Hotels.com Expedia.com Official Site

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo

New York at New Year!

We arrived in New York on New Year’s Eve. It was madness! It took us 3 hours to get from Newark Airport to our hotel, which was on 56th Street, close to the New Year celebrations at Times Square.

When we finally got to our hotel – after New York policemen letting us through the barricades along the streets, we were so relieved.

The front foyer is huge, with black and white tiles. It is welcoming and quite grand looking. There were loads of people around, and there was an exciting buzz in the air.

As it was so busy we stayed at the front desk for a while waiting for others to be served, before we finally got the key to our room. They were so busy they actually had not made our room ready for us yet, hence us waiting longer than necessary too, which was not ideal… we were dead tired.

The hotel is centrally located, a couple of blocks from Times Square one way, and a couple of blocks away from Central Park, which we visited nearly every day.

We made good use of the hotel’s Business Centre, and ate at the hotel restaurant on night too. They have a bar and a small shop for clients too.

The room was a decent size, with fine décor, but was nothing special to be honest. We had a good view of the street below with all the New Year’s celebrations going on, and watched for a while, before going down to join in later.. and await the countdown and watch the ball drop!

We thought the prices of the hotel wasn’t bad, except for New Year’s itself, which was 4 times the cost of the other nights for the rest of the week we were there.

We would stay here again possibly, although we do like to try new places when we travel. I would recommend this hotel.

• chriele78's Profile Photo

Good hotel

Perfect location in the center of town,
    Very close to Central Park,5th Avenue and Time square.
    Good service and facilities.

• jimeng's Profile Photo

Park Central New York Hotel

Very nice Hotel, good location in 7th Ave.

Rooms big enough and nice.

Cannot say a bad word, friendly service.

• cadiana88's Profile Photo

Affordable price for the service

I spent a week there in 2000. I'd stay there again if I've enough money.

Unique Quality: Superb location, clean, small but fine Gym, very good beds.

Front desk: not friendly

• Dutchnatasja's Profile Photo

Perfect location

For me it was a perfect hotel. Nice rooms, the location was perfect. Too bad it's too expensive this year. (december 2005)

• Location is only good thing

We stayed at this hotel June 26 - 29, 2005, and were not happy at all with the experience. When we got to our room, the floor had not been swept. The air conditioning did not work in our room and while they were very prompt in sending someone to fix it, the air still was not cool. We left it on high the entire stay and the room became tolerable but never cool. During the first two days of our stay, the ice machine on our floor didn't work, so we had to trek down five floors each time we wanted ice (that was the nearest machine that was in working order). During the last half of our stay, all of the machines in the building were down -- the staff said it had something to do with a health inspection? -- so we had no ice at all. There was no phone book in the room, and we asked at the front desk for one, but never received it. The most frustrating thing, however, was that we had asked specifically about luggage storage. The day before we were checking out, I asked the lady at the front desk if we could store our luggage at 8 a.m. on our last day because we had tickets to see the Statue of Liberty that morning. She said no problem, that we could store our bags any time after 7 a.m. The next morning, we checked out at 8 a.m. and were then told that luggage storage didn't open until 9 a.m. (too late for us to make the ferry for the Statue). When I told the manager that his employee had said I could store the bags earlier than that, he was very rude and said it was my problem. The location is wonderful, which is why I gave it one star, but there is nothing else I could say positive about this hotel.

Directions: Near Times Square

• Dutchnatasja's Profile Photo

Park Central; great location!

Great hotel with a perfect location. You can walk out the door, take a left, and be in Central Park within 4-5 minutes. You can easily get to Times Square and Fifth Avenue. Our room was large (they are bigger than the standard rooms in New York), with a king size bed and plenty of room to relax and move around. You can also choose for a room at the concierge level. Than you'll have breakfast, newspaper, afternoon snacks and drinks. You can also use the internet for free during the time when breakfast and diner is served.

We stayed in this hotel for two times. Both in December (2003 and 2004). It was great. From our room we had a view on Times Square.

Unique Quality: Fanatastic location, nice and clean hotel. Some rooms have a wonderfull view over Times Square.

Directions: Central Park, Fifth Avenue, Times Square, Broadway and lots of more interesting places on walking distance.

• Bavavia's Profile Photo

Ok hotel......not worth what they charge

I stayed one night here. It was ok, but not worth what i paid. I got it on priceline for $ 145 a night( $173 with taxes). Not worth that.......it had a musty smell and was damp and the carpet was wet because it was so damp.....it was not a dump or anything like that, but it was not that great. The bed was not comfortable either. The upside is the location was great. The walls are thick so you are not disturbed and its quiet.....but they need to fix that musty smell and dampness problem

Directions: Upper midtown, walking distance to theatres

• Brehone's Profile Photo

New York's Worst Hotel, Best Location

There are so many hotels in New York that I'm sure you can do better than this one. This was my only trip (so far) to the Big Apple and I some day hope to return, however I will not stay at this hotel. This room was dirty and smokey (even though we were on a non smoking floor). But the location was fun...near Central Park and Time Square.

Directions: Time Square/Central Park

More about Park Central New York Hotel

Regostan,  Rego Park - Central Asia in New YorkRegostan, Rego Park - Central Asia in New York

Park Central Hotel

by feline01

Anyone stay at the Park Central Hotel by Carnegie Hotel? Does anyone have any good hotel recommendations as near as possible to 7th Ave between 57th and 58th. I have a medical procedure there on Labor Day weekend and need to be as close to possible to a hotel. I've already tried The Carnegie on 58th, they're booked and I've stayed at the West Park which is okay but I'd like something a bit nicer if I'm going to be stuck in a hotel room for 3 days.

Thanks in advance,

Sue

Re: Park Central Hotel

by zuriga

You could try the Shoreham. It's on 56th between Fifth and Ave. of the Americas (Sixth Ave.) Try www.quikbook.com. They sometimes have special deals at that hotel - the rooms are small but interesting. Good luck with your procedure.

Re: Re: Park Central Hotel

by feline01

Thanks Zuriga for the tip but that hotel is a bit too far from the doctor's office. I need to be within a very short walking distance from there. I'll check out quickbook to see if I can get a closer hotel. Hotels.com didn't help much.

Sue

Re: Re: Park Central Hotel

by Easty

I have been in the Park Central Hotel. I was there for a meeting a couple of years ago. It looked to be a nice hotel. It wasn't dumpy. The hallways were a little bit cramped.

Comments