Park Savoy Hotel

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

• i-jan01's Profile Photo

Location is fantastic

This hotel is well worth considering for a budget traveler in NYC because of its location. Easy access to the subway lines, short walk to Times Square, just a block from the south edge of Central Park -- can't get much better than that. It was clean, bed was comfortable, staff were friendly and helpful. You can sign up for wireless internet for a very reasonable charge; I had wireless for 24 hours for under $10 and having access to internet and email was helpful for me.

Yes, the room is tiny and sparsely furnished. The bathroom is tiny too, but it is nice to have a private bath rather than sharing one down the hall. There is a tiny elevator too, but I was on a lower floor so never used it.

I just returned from a three-day stay and I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

The only downside was when I was leaving and asked if it would be possible to store luggage for a few hours after I checked out of the room. The desk clerk said that I could put the luggage in a room and gave me a card swipe for that door. But it was just a guest room and any guest leaving luggage there had access to the room instead of simply having hotel staff watching or accessing the space. I was not comfortable with the arrangement and took my luggage with me.

• anaiis's Profile Photo

wouldn't get permission to open in Slovenia!

If you are looking for a budget hotel next to Fifth Avenue and Central Park, this might be it. But do not expect any comfort. You will get a clean bed and fresh towel every day, everything else is ... uhhh... The doors from my bathroom couldn't be closed, the water had to run for hours before getting a bit warmer (i was on ninth floor), the water pressure is so low you have to search for water, the stick in the closet for hangers is so thick you cannot place your own clothe hangers and there are only 4 of them. The place offers so called breakfast as well. You get the breakfast in one of the rooms and there is no room to eat it there. So you can choose crude looking stairs area with fire hydrants and things like that or you can eat out on the street or in your room (depressing). You can have coffee or you can opt for tea. Then you choose your own bakery piece (one per person), not very tasteful.

Unique Quality: View can be all right if you can settle for viewing at next building floors. This is NYC, what else can you expect. No pool. Not even a dining room. Just get lost as soon as possible after you wake up, just sleep here.

Directions: between the Sixth and Seventh Avenue, very close to Carnegie Hall

More about Park Savoy Hotel

A great hotel find

The Park Savoy was a great hotel find. I had searched and searched for a decent place for my boyfriend and I to stay at that was not overly expensive. With this being my first trip to New York, I did not want to spend a lot of money on a hotel, considering we would not be spending a whole lot of time in one. The total amount with tax for the room with a private bathroom was $460.00 for 4 nights. This was perfect. Everything else was a couple hundred more, and if I found anything that was cheaper, it would have a shared bath insted of a private one. I do have to say that the bed was a little hard and it only had 2 flat pillows on it. The room itself was clean, a bit smaller, but it had plenty of room. The staff is very friendly as well. The best part is that this hotel is in a great location. It is within walking distance from Central Park, Rockefeller Center, NBC Studios, Radio City Music Hall, Theater district, Times Square, and so much more. Any other place you need to go to you can just jump on a bus (my preference) or the subway and you are there in no time. With the convenience and affordability of the Park Savoy Hotel I would definitely stay here again!!!!

not 3 star

I was visiting my family in PA, and my brother and I decided to make a weekend visit to NYC. I had good results using Orbitz before, so I booked a room at Park Savoy for $100 a night. A pretty good deal for a location that looked great. When I arrived, it turned out more like a 2 star hotel at best. The bathroom was small and it didn't look like they cleaned the tub because there were dark strands of hair in it. The carpet was dark and dingy looking and our small window looked out to a cement wall. The doors didn't seem all that secure to me either. Because it was winter, the radiator heat was running and it was always clanging and hissing. No one could help us. I even called the front desk in the middle of night to find someone to help us, but no one answered. When it came time to take a shower, the tub filled with water and drainage was very slow. Bed was lumpy and the pillows were flat. I didn't sleep for the 2 nights we stayed there. The only good thing was that it was near the subway and had numerous parking garages nearby. I don't know why it's a 3 star hotel.

Bare Bones

I stayed here for four days in December. It is in a great location, just a block from Central Park and a few blocks from Times Square and Rockefeller Center. If you are just looking for a place to sleep and get dressed, this is it. There is no lobby, just a hallway, pleasant staff, and a TINY elevator. The rooms are VERY small with just enough room to walk around the bed (which was rock hard). There was a desk and closet (some rooms have an armoir and no closet), but no dresser. My window (with no screen) faced a brick wall, but that was ok because I had to keep it open since the room was so hot. You get a tv with about 7 channels, but hey, why are you watching tv when you're in NYC? The bathroom was about the size of the closet. Seriously. The sink is about a foot wide and the shower (triangular shaped) was under three feet by three feet. The water is SUPER touchy, so be careful for the quick change from scalding to freezing. Plus, I think the hot water pipe was directly under the floor of the shower because there was one spot that you'd burn your foot if you stood there. Basically, if you're looking for a cheap place to sleep and get dressed, this is it. We moved to the Comfort Inn on 46th the last night there (pre-planned, not because we were disappointed) and were pretty satisfied. AAA rate was $165 after taxes here compaired to $115 at the Park Savoy and well worth the cost (read my review of it). I might stay here again, but probably would pay a little more for something better. Very cheap for the location though.

Great Little Hotel

This is a true gem. It is within walking distance of the Theater district, Central Park, Met Opera, Carnegie Hall, and many other attractions. The location is really the best and the room is certainly very nice. If you want frills, go to the Plaza, but if you want convience and affordability, this hotel can't be bet.

Great Location...That's about it!!

After being in a 5 Star resort in the Caribbean this past month, my 1st impression after walking into this hotel was...GET ME OUT OF HERE. We arrived at 9 a.m. this past Friday, of course we couldn't check-in until 3:00 p.m. they allowed us to store our luggage in the luggage room...UGH...it was filthy...garbage all over the room...we had no choice but to leave the luggage there. The rooms, well they gave us the key to our room, went up tried to open the door, the door knob fell off...oh this is great. I did want to go down and ask for another room that has the magnetic card mechanism, but we were too tired (when you check in ask for a room with a magnetic key card. When we got into the room I called front desk and asked that they send someone to fix the door knob (they did). Room was small, clean, had a dresser, a coat rack for your clothes, tv, 2 night tables and a small bathroom. Keep in mind this is a NO FRILLS hotel. No ashtrays, asked for ashtrays they brought some up (they brought us disposable ashtrays... like the ones you used to find in McDonalds years ago)....thought that was hilarious. When we arrived back at the hotel at around 2 in the morning the heater was acting up. Hissing, spitting out water...called front desk they sent up a guy who released the water the heater...we told him to turn it off as it was way too hot, he did. Woke up in the morning and the carpet by my side of the bed was soaking wet, it was still dripping water...oh well.....at least we had a great view...concreate walls and tons of garbage bags....hahahahaha (actually in the morning we were at front desk and the staff was on the phone with a guest who was complaining that the room was too hot, the guest probably asked the staff member to turn the heat down or off, he was so rude told them no I cannot turn the heat off it is 43 degress out there, no way and he hung up (geeeeeeesh I was ready to say something to him for being so rude to that guest). We thought oh well we better not let this dampen our trip to NYC after all we weren't there to spend all our time in this room. The location of the hotel is FANTASTIC, close to everything, Central Park, 5th Avenue, Times Square, transportation....as a matter of fact the Ritz Carlton is only 2 short blocks away, so that should tell you that the location is GREAT... All in all, for the price of the room and the great location, we bit our lips and did not complain...actually we did have many laughs through this experience...especially when another couple (friends of ours) came into our room and my husband told them on the phone you can't come up there's not enough room for the 4 of us.....they cracked up when they came into our room.....they couldn't stop laughing...as the other writer mentioned...it looked like a seedy motel in the movies. Oh if you have to retrieve any messages on your phone dial 66....there are no instructions on the phone and if you have to use the phone, you can only do so by purchasing calling calls from the front desk. Enjoy your stay in NYC and bring yourself very comfortable shoes as you'll be doing a lot of walking!!!

great location

i was there with two friends from november 19 2004 for four nights, at first we thought, " what is this?" when we saw the lobby, but hey we are not staying at the lobby, then we get to our room , God the bed was almost in the hall!!! The best thing in the room was the bathroom, hot water and bigger than the room itself. No air conditioner , thank God it was chilly , in the summer is a no no.But the location is excellent, subway nearby, 5th ave . too and of course central park.

Comments