122 East 28th Street, New York City, New York, 10016, United States

Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• chodearm's Profile Photo

I don't need the bling bling

I'm sick of rap videos influence on America. The nation of sheep follow every stepping move to a T. If Jay-Z be rocking the gold teeth so is BRIAN SMITH. If the rims on Lil' Kims Navi keep spinning when she stops at a traffic light, so is MIKE CATRONES. Its sickening to see a pure lack of creativity of self and a yearning to look like there pockets are lined in diamond sheathing. It is this reason I see no sensibilty in staying in a hotel that just over-does its bling factor. A layer of make-up can hide a womans cheese-grater beat face in a dark club and a lobby spa-set can hide service that lacks in all realms. Park South Hotel puts no falsities forward and gives you a clean room, with minimal decoration and no where near gaudiness of the facade MTV paints. I highly recommend this hotel to those who seek a great place to lay there head, and aren't looking for gold teeth. The Black Duck restaurant is hosed on the first floor, and makes for a great backdrop to the morning continental breakfast. Pefect, except for the morning interuption of a ITALIAN woman gabbing away "Si, Si, Si" on her cell in the quiet restaurant. Yo lady....go outside.

• amyhouston's Profile Photo

Highly recommended, excellent find!

I love this charming clean and modern hotel that's well priced in a good location. Friendly staff, love the amenities that's included (bathrobe, tv with dvd player, fax machine, comfortable down bed, great "essential oil" bath product, and free internet access in each room). Also very close to subway stop, McDonalds, store, many selection of ethnic restaurants; all just 2 minutes walk.

More about Park South Hotel

Excellent value for money !

by TripAdvisor Member srhmbe

Just returned from a long weekend with girlfriends - celebrating a major birthday!! Could honestly not fault this hotel - the rooms were exceptionally clean, good size and stylishly appointed.

Situation is excellent being just a few mnutes walk from the subway

Would definitely book again and would recommend wholeheartedly !

A New York Bargain

by TripAdvisor Member FatFella

Just returned from a 4 day Christmas shopping trip to NYC. We wanted to save our dollars for the shops so chose the Park South. What a bargain. $200 a night including breakfast for a superior room was real value for money is this town. Spacious room, great bed, right next door to a subway station, friendly staff and a view of the Chrysler building. What more do you want! On the downside the area the hotel is in isn't the cleanest plus 1 or 2 of the room furnishings were showing some sign of wear. Apart from that, great!

Loved it!

Reiterate others' positive comments about great location (no jokes about the 28th subway being literally 20 steps away in a quiet residential area), courteous staff etc but would like to add that their restaurant (Black Duck) serves excellent food.
If travelling in groups of 2 or more, recommend taking their car service to JFK - $49+tip - as it was punctual and clean, much better than taxi.
Our driver also mentioned that the owner of Park South also has a hotel in Miami - I would def consider staying there too.

Happy with the Park South

by TripAdvisor Member mimi1lasvegas

We just returned from a 3 night stay at the Park South. The hotel was very clean and the bedding was comfortable. The hotel is close to both the Empire State building and the Chrysler building. We loved the location as it is actually not in the middle of all of the touristy stuff (the crowds were arriving for New Years Eve) and the area was a little quieter. We ate at L'Express one night which is a few blocks away and was very good. There are a lot of very good bars within a few blocks. The breakfast in the morning was included and was good. We would definitely return.

I'll be back

by TripAdvisor Member RVMillman

First time stay, employees very polite and helpful. Room was very clean, nice bed with great pillows. The best pillows I have ever had in any hotel room. Continental breakfast was filling, everything fresh with
a nice selection of food and beverages. I'll be back!

Great Find.

I was a bit worried as I booked this hotel online, but I was pleasently surprised. The area is great as it's a bit further away from the touristy annoyances of Mid-Town. At the great restaurants in the area, we felt we were paying for great food and atomsphere, instead of touristy hype. Yes, the room's a bit small, but we had as much room as we needed. Absolutely no view, but it didn't matter. The bed is very comfortable, the bedding feels clean and luxurious, and the bathroom...spotless! Great Value. The morning breakfast was definately a plus.

LOVED IT!

I was nervous booking the hotel online but once i got there.. WOW! The rooms were cute and cozy. Not too tiny. Nice interior design in bed rooms. Good Service as well.. however, the restaurant and bar reminded me of titanic.. they need to help decorating that room. Overall, cute, easy access, and would stay there again.

great breakfast!

by TripAdvisor Member nyclover

If you are looking for a value and a great breakfast this is your place. However the rooms and the lobby required a bit of getting used to... clean but spare. Booked through Quikbook and upon confirming reservation I asked for a room with a view. Got just the opposite however.. a room on the second floor in the back overlooking the interior of the hotel. The neighborhood also seemed a little seedy at times despite the fact that the hotel is positioned right at the top of the Park avenue south area.

The free breakfast was wonderful however. It reminded me a little of an English breakfast in a European hostel and it really made this hotel selection worthwhile. All types of pastries, fruit, cereal, boiled eggs, yogurt, bagels, granola bars..perfect.

Need Hotel for Wedding

by vssinfl

I need to block off some rooms at a New York City family wedding---so far the prices are outrages. Has anyone stayed at a reasonable/comfy hotel in Midtown under $200? I can't priceline as people are coming and going at different times. Thanks!

by 10028

How many rooms are you looking for? I just got a block of rooms at the NY Hilton at $219, which I thought was a great bargain. You might try the Novotel and Belvedere, both in midtown west, which are well regarded budget tourist-class hotels.

by zuriga

You could look at www.quikbook.com. It's a good site for finding bargains, especially if you talk with the operators by phone.

by Intrepidnyc

The NY Hilton for $219 is a great bargain! NYC hotel rooms are typically small and expensive (like our apartments). It's a lot like staying in Paris or London. It's best to be mentally prepared before you stick the key in the door of your closet-sized room.

10028's suggestions are great. I would also through into the mix the Broadway Inn. I put some friends up there a while back, after I gave the place my visual inspection. The rooms are very basic, but clean and comfortable for the price. The staff was friendly, and the location is perfect. My Texan friends enjoyed themselves, and would definately go back. Take a look at www.broadwayinn.com. Happy Hunting!

RE: RE: Need Hotel for Wedding

by 10028

I like the Broadway Inn, too, but they do not have an elevator.

I just heard that the entire block is going to come down to make way for yet another huge hotel. I called the Broadway Inn, and they say they have no plans to close any time in the coming year. Hmmmmm! I thought it was curious that the handy pub located downstairs has already closed.

Just had another thought -- take a look at the Park South Hotel in the 20s on the east side. A friend has stayed there, the rooms are smallish but very clean and cosy.

Comments