Penthouse Suite Two Bedrooms Apartment (DR14)

West 43rd St, New York City, New York, United States

• Paula&Matt's Profile Photo

Great value for money, clean and close to Times Sq

I stayed here on a business trip in February 2006. Subsequently found out I'd missed out on the corporate rate at the Marriot in Times Square, but never mind!

Three of us stayed here, one person each in a double bed in the main bedroom, another guy on the sofa bed in the lounge area. Overall, we were quite pleased. Furniture isn't the newest but was clean and comfy. Sofa bed suited our colleague well, other beds were very comfy.

Suprisingly, being so close to Times Square (literally a 2-minute walk) it wasn't noisy. There are loads of places within a 5-minute walk for breakfast, you can get on the subway within a minute of leaving the hotel door, and just a few blocks from 5th Avenue - an easy walk.

Rooms have cable TV, heating (you need it in February), kettle/hot drinks, iron & ironing board. Ripped my toe open on a piece of furniture that was stupidly placed but that's what you get for not turning the lights on at 3am :-).

The reception staff aren't overly friendly, but will help out with directions etc. They looked after bags for a few hours on morning of check-out, but didn't speak to them all that much.

Cab in from JFK was $50, hired a limo to take us back for $65 (hotel organised it).

Overall we were impressed for the price ($833 for 5 nights for 3 people). I'm going back to NYC in Feb 2007, and will probably stay at the Marriot then, but if we're not able to I'd certainly go back to Radio City Apartments.

Unique Quality: Not much of a view :-). Pool non-existant. The iron worked well.

• aemilys's Profile Photo

Great location

I spent six days her in August 2005. Great location, good prices, convenient to all transport, what more could you ask for? I sincerely recommend this hotel.

Small rooms but If you are active travelers like us this is the perfect place. We went out in the morning came back to drop off our shopping our whatever and plan for our nights on the town. The front desk people are helpful, the rooms were clean. We actually stayed in two different rooms. The first one on the 7th floor (double room) was really small but then my sister and her boyfriend came so we upgraded to a 4 person room on the 10th floor. It had 2 rooms each of which was bigger than the 7th floor room. It would be nice if they would let you choose in advance.

Prices, 119 USD for a (small) double room with kitchen facilities including microwave, fridge, oven, and they even have plates and forks and spoons, etc. and 165 USD for the four person room.

Unique Quality: The faboulous location, the fabulous location and once again, the faboulous location

Directions: Times Square

• SSerre's Profile Photo

Great Location for a Great Price!

I just stayed at the Radio City Suites after reading great reviews of it on another travel website (yes, VT, I've strayed!).

The room was a good size for New York City, although a typically small bathroom. It had a kitchenette in it, looking recently remodeled, and they even provided plates, silverware, pots, paper towels, dishwashing liquid, etc.

The location is right around the corner from Rockefeller Center, and a short walk to the theatre district. Two different subway lines are a half block away. It's in the same block as a handful of less expensive (for New York) restaurants as well.

Only drawback is the elevator (as I had read on the other review site) is slower than most, but not terribly so. And they currently (May 2005) have the second elevator down for repair so they can speed it up.

Unique Quality: The outstanding part - the price! Only $139 a night - a real good deal for that area! I got that rate on cheaptickets.com, it may be higher via other sources.

Directions: Just around the corner from Rockefeller Center.

• Shakermaker's Profile Photo

Nice place to stay for fair money

Nice hotel. It has a great location (6 blocks from Times Square, right off Rockefeller Center, 1 block from Radio City, 10 blocks from Central Park).
    You also have a kitchenand a fridge.
    I payed $112 per night (+taxes) for a double room with two queen beds.

• cherylzyx's Profile Photo

Radio City Apartment Suites

$160 US dollars per night. Not bad for a room with private bath and a full kitchen in the Times Square area.

Unique Quality: Wonderful Location, less than a block to Times Square. The best part is the N and R subway stop is right there. This photo is from their website, I didn't get a good picture while we were there. www.radiocityapartments.com

More about Penthouse Suite Two Bedrooms Apartment (DR14)

Terrific Place to Crash!

My friend and I had a twin bed suite. The room was small, but there was a large closet and dresser to stow your stuff. Beds were comfortable and room was quiet. The kitchen had a gas stove, fridge, microwave, cupboards, dishes & pots, etc. and a coffee maker. Only thing missing was a toaster. 3 packs of coffee a day instead of the 1 you get at most hotels, but no teabags. Bathroom was very nice, pedestal sink but lots of room on the big window sill for your stuff. Wall mounted TV hard to see from one of the beds, but we weren't in NY to watch TV! Close to Times Square, etc., and right near the subway. Easy walk to Macy's, ESB area too. Interesting stairwell, hallways and doors really made you feel like you were in an old NY movie. Elevators only hold 5 people so had to let a couple go by a few times. Our view was of rooftops, but we didn't get a room for the view. If you only want a clean, comfortable place to sleep, the location and price can't be beat. Don't know why the twin bed & double bed rooms are the same price though...

Great Stay at Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Vicdawg1

Upon arriving, saw small lobby and small check-in area. Didn't know what to think, but I relied on previous reviews. Room was great!! Recently remodeled, very clean, and bathroom was bigger than expected. Little noisy on street side because the window A/C has the plastic extenders to fit in window and you get all the sounds. Lower floors are better since elevators are slow and small. We had 5th, but friends had 11th. NEVER had to take a cab!! Walked to theatres; subway stations to Brooklyn, Yankee Stadium, Little Italy, Ground Zero, and Central Park were within 1 block of hotel.
We WILL be staying here again on next trip to NYC.

Clean, great location

by TripAdvisor Member hourigan217

We picked this hotel after first reading the reviews on TripAdvisor.com. We were very pleased. The location is fantastic. We walked to the theatres, Rockefeller Centre, and 5th Avenue. The subway is steps away. The hotel itself is clean and our studio apartment with 2 double beds was just fine with lots of room for 2 people. Room was redecorated. The kitchenette is definitely a bonus in New York. It was great having breakfasts and snacks in the room and not always having to eat out. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

Bars near Radio City Apartments

by Mashy

We're coming over to New York next week and meeting a couple of friends who've been travelling all year. They're staying in Radio City Apartments in West 49th Street between 6th & 7th Ave. Can anyone recommend a good bar near there where we can meet up with them? Cheers!

RE: Bars near Radio City Apartments

by 10028

First, I'd avoid City Lobster, which is directly across the street. Quite mediocre.

If you want a quiet place, I like the mezzanine level bar at the Parmount Hotel, on W. 46th St. between Broadway & 8th Avenue. Cushy couches and a nice location if you actually want to have a conversation.

If you're in the mood for spactacular, I'd go to the Rainbow Grill in Rock Center. The drinks are very expensive, but the view is worth it.
www.cipriani.com