Radisson Martinique On Broadway

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Bavavia's Profile Photo

Comfortable quiet stay

Very centrally located.. quiet sleep... , comfortable bed... The hotel was basic, noting fancy.... the room was a good size...... window in the room faced another building but not a big deal... it was not fancy, no fancy extras... but for the price, it was perfect! the only thing i would say is that they could do a better job cleaning the bathroom floor. i noticed the corners did not look too clean...
    The rest of the bathroom though was spotless.... It was a good value for the money. The front desk staff was nice when i checked in. They are extra security conscious which was nice. Before you could enter the main area of hotel, you had to show hotel key..

Unique Quality: location cant be beat!

Directions: pretty much across the street from macys... near penn station...

• Kevross85's Profile Photo

Comfortable living

Hiya stayed here with my sister when we visited NYC for the first time. The hotel is very impressive when entering with a grand entrance. The staff are helpful when entering and once you are settled into the hotel.

The rooms are what you need for a stay in new york clean with enough room to do anything on a vacation. They arent overly big but still have plenty of room. The only problem we found with our room was that our room did not look onto the street instead onto the back of the hotel but this is only a minor problem.

there are two resteraunts within the hotel but both names have slipped from my memory. These were both very reasonable priced with the italian one being especially nice to eat in.

Unique Quality: One thing which was pretty good in this hotel was that of the shop inside the foyer. This proved very useful whether it be just for a bottle of juice to take up to your room or to buy some toileteries. Another plus for this hotel was the subway station just outside the hotel.

More about Radisson Martinique On Broadway

Good Price, Good Service

My Husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Martinique for 1 week in April 2004. Our stay was more than pleasant, Our room was cleaned each day with fresh linens daily. The coffee pot and coffee packets each day were a plus. Budget minded yes, but this hotel does not lack service. Wouuld recommend to anyone looking for a clean and affordable place to spend a vacation.

Great location!!!

by TripAdvisor Member johnandsam

Stayed here in May 2004, saw mixed reviews but have to say it was fantastic! Bit of a mix up at check in as we wanted a twin room but some free drinks sorted that one out! After hearing comments about the size of rooms in New York I couldn't believe the size of our room - it was huge! The staff were very friendly, breakfast buffet was very good and could not fault the location as it's so convienient for everywhere. All in all a great hotel, in a great location and would go there again!

A Memorial Day Weekend to Remember

I also read the negative comments about the hotel and was ready for anything when I got there over the weekend...I was VERY surprised. Despite a mix-up w/ our room (HOTELS.COM at fault)...our stay was part of a very, very, nice vacation. The location couldn't have been better...it's close to everything! Not only were the staff members friendly and helpful....one of them even took me and my friends site-seeing around the city after he got off work...how much more helpful and friendly can you be?!!! So thanks to Anthony our new friend and tour-guide...I can't wait until my next NYC vacation....I know exactly where I will be staying! ;)

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Frequent_Traveler100

I read the reviews fom others and decided to take a chance. The rooms were clean, the service friendly and the location was sensational. I did not try to use the internet connection as I used an internet cafe right down the street from the hotel. I especially was pleased with security as the doorman checked for your key as you entered the lobby.

I would stay there again!

Check in disaster

by TripAdvisor Member GeoffCcambridge_UK

Would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you are desperate.
Its in a very busy central area and not very pleasant. The public rooms are small, the bar doubles up as breakfast area. The barman can't make cocktails. Breakfast is poor with a very limited selection. Staff are friendly but not very interested. The rooms are clean but small.
We arrived at 14:00hrs and were told there were no rooms available and told to come back at 16:00hrs. At 16:00hrs we were given two rooms, one was Ok and the other turned out to be occupied by another guest. They gave us a key card for his room!!! So much for security.
Next we were given a room on 18th floor business suite which was totally unacceptable. It was dirty, smoky and dark. Then finally after applying pressure on the duty manager we were given a twin room for my two daughter's after almost 4 hours wait. Do you need this after a long flight?
Would not stay there again, there is much better around. Stay at your peril and if you do, don't give in. Push for what you asked for.

Geoff Crisp UK

The PERFECT visit and family vacation

Five night stay from 21 June to 26 June 2004. Family of three. 12th floor Rm. 1218
The title of this review says it all! The walk from Penn Station to the hotel with our bags was no problem. The lobby was clean and the staff was very courteous and professional. From font desk check in, to our room was about 5 minutes. The room was slightly smaller than most Holiday Inns but I expected it to be. We had plenty of room for our family. The entire room was extremely clean and very well maintained. Restraunt menu was limited but we enjoyed dinner and the breakfast buffet. Housekeeper on the 12th floor (Aurora) made our stay extra special with little touches, such as leaving our daughter's stuffed animal on the bed facing the door to greet us upon our return from touring. She always greeted us in the hallway every morning, with a smile and a hearty "top of the morning to you". The location was perfect and we found everything we needed within a 5 minute walk, i.e. restrauants, subways, shopping. Bottom line: I will recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to visit NYC, and will stay there again, should we visit NYC in the future.

NEW YORK NEW YORK

by Scotsgal

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Martinique on Broadway. On this weekend i hoped to visit all my faves like Empire State Building, F.A.O Schwartz, Tiffany's and the list is endless!

Statue Of Liberty

Standing 151 feet above New York Harbor since 1886, the ferry brings you to her feet on Liberty Island. If you want to climb the 354 step narrow winding staircase inside the Statue, get there early, long lines can mean a 3-hour ascent.

Empire State Building

Since its opening in 1931, the 1,453 foot skyscraper has attracted 120 million people to its observatories. 3.6 million a year!

What would romantic NYC be without going to the top of the Empire State Building? Seen in movies from Affair to Remember to Sleepless in Seattle...even King Kong brought a date up here! Each year on St. Valentine's Day, several couples take their vows here. Bon chance!

Holiday Inn Martinique on Broadway

by Elena79

Hi!

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? The location seems to be excellent, but the reviews I have found so far have been quite diverse. Are the rooms clean and in decent condition and how is the complimentary breakfast?

Thanks already in advance for yor help!

Comments