Ramada Inn East Side

Booking.com HotelTravel.com Ramada.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• lindaloo76's Profile Photo

Convenient location

Me and my sister stayed here in 2001 and it was a convenient hotel, the staff were lovely and the rooms were big enough. We were up near the top floor and were able to use the roof for smoking (although I'm not sure if we were meant to) and it gave fantastic views over the city.

The hotel was close to all amenities, we didn't feel unsafe at all and we either strolled around NY or else got the train in and out of places.

I hope to go back to NY and would stay here again.

• RoadBum's Profile Photo

A Sweet Deal

We were here for five days, and were very impressed by the cleanliness of the room and the courtesty of the staff. Great accomodations for the price!

Directions: Murray Hill

• ChadSteve1975's Profile Photo

Ramada - This Inn is not entirely out.

I stayed at the Ramada Inn on a Thursday and Friday night. Right on a busy weekend.

I booked for a non smoking room but got a smoking room. The room was small but decent. The frosted window enclosing the bathroom was bit basic taking away from the hotel room a bit. Position of the hotel was excellent. I didn't feel unsafe at night contrary to prior warnings.

The room was of the 'Chain Motel' standard. Bedding was in good nick, decent TV etc. Rooms are tiny though so don't expect space to walk around the room.

This is definitely good value for what you pay. Cheap for NY standards. I only wish they had given me a 'non smoking room' as I requested. I was just too tired to notice this error when I checked in. And it was too late by the time I noticed to bother making a fuss.

Unique Quality: The Hotel is an older building no doubt. There is only 1 lift for the 12 or so floors but I didn't notice any significant wait for the lift as there aren't that may rooms on each floor.

Directions: Just a few blocks from The Empire State Building. Far enough away from Broadway to get into where people actually live. So no problem finding a place to eat, drink etc just a block away.

More about Ramada Inn East Side

Exellent Neighbourhood, Decent Hotel

For the price, a bargain. Staff were helpful and friendly, and the place was clean enough (only one roach spotted). The only real trouble we had was with the hot water, which ran out twice during our stay. In a wonderful neighbourhood on the east side of Manhattan, and close to some of the best restaurants/deli's...try Tibetan Kitchen on 3rd Ave for a great meal. Hotel was also near a subway stop on Park Ave. A very good location and a decent hotel for the price.

Scandalous - Better Business Bureau Should be Called

I am still at a loss for words. Even after confirming my reservation (they had my credit card number and told me I could not change within 24 hours), AND calling the day before my arrival to confirm the hour, I arrived in NY at the Ramada at 11 pm to learn that they had GIVEN AWAY MY ROOM!

EVEN AFTER I HAD CONFIRMED TWICE, the day before and the day of!!

The manager told me he heard me call earlier, and did not understand why his colleague told me my space was available as he knew they had given it away. I am serious!

So not only did they give it away, but they did not tell me when I called to confirm, and I came in from the airport to find NO ROOM, despite their having told me the day before that I could not cancel within 24 hours because my credit card would be charged!

Furthermore, when I asked their help in finding a hotel they told me to use the public phone in the hallway.

The manager told me he would pay my cab to stay with family I had in NJ ONLY if I came back the following night.

I have never had this experience in my entire life. Customer service could not help me either - they told me the closest they could place me was a hotel in Bergen county NJ - over an hour outside of NY!

This is absolutely scandalous, and furthermore, I have had no apology AT ALL from management. Moreover, as a young woman on my own in NY, with my luggage in hand, they had no qualms of telling me that I would be out on the street.

I am still beside myself about this. Never in my life will I ever stay in NY at the Ramada or anywhere in the world again. This is incomprehensible, and I would not wish this on my worst enemy.

It was so bad that at the end of the evening, I even had to call the police. To this day, I have had no news from their management.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

THIS PLACE WAS GREAT!

by TripAdvisor Member susymd

My mom and I stayed at this hotel for our first trip to NYC. I booked this hotel by mistake (wanted the Ramada Plaza). But it turned out to be a fraction of the price and I would stay there again! After reading some of the reviews I was really nervous, but it turned out better than i could have hoped for! The staff was VERY friendly and accommodating. The hotel was very safe. The rooms were VERY clean (and I'm really picky) we stayed on the 11th floor with a great view. It looked like the room must have been renovated a few years ago. I have traveled quite a bit and this is the FIRST hotel I have ever stayed in that didn't stink...it smelled very fresh and clean! The beds were great and it was very quiet every night!

This location is great if you want to get the REAL NYC experience. There are a ton of great Indian restaurants and spice shops all around. If you like curry you HAVE to eat at curry in a hurry just around the corner, it's GREAT. The hotel was about 2 blocks from a subway station. We bought the "fun pass" for $7/day unlimited rides, it was great~ just make sure you have a good map of where the subways run!

This hotel was located in a more residential area where you got to see how people REALLY live in NYC and it was a nice rest from the hustle and bustle of Times Square. *TIP: if you're taking a cab from the airport make sure you tell the driver 30th & Lexington, because if you just say the Ramada in Manhattan they are likely to take to the other one.

I LOVED NYC one of the BEST trips if you like site-seeing and Shopping! Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions, I'll be happy to share any info!

Tiny room, horrible shower

This hotel was okay but the room was TINY, the typical size of a European hotel room and there was no water pressure and the shower barely got luke warm. We called for someone to come up and make sure it was working properly and were told it was. When we tried to adjust the water temperature, the faucet knob literally fell off! Cheap price and feels cheap too. Would not stay here again. The neighborhood was not bad and if you like Indian food there were lots of Indian restaurants.

excellent hotel

excellent hotel. have stayed in New York 4 times and this was the best hotel. very clean, quiet and cheap. great location with easy access to the metro and the Empire State. the inclusive breakfast was also a bonus. would stay there again. top marks.

Everything I expected

by TripAdvisor Member purplebiro2

I booked this hotel off the back of the reveiws on this site and was not disappointed - good clean hotel, nothing special but amazing position and you really don't need anything else. Go somewhere boring if you want to lounge ina gorgeous hotel room all day, go to the Ramada Inn if you want to see New York.

Ramada Inn in Murray Hill

by Elena79

Has anyone stayed at Ramada Inn Eastside hotel (In the corner of Lexington and 30th street)? I have tried to find reviews about this hotel, but found only a couple.

Is the location convenient for most tourist attractions in midtown and is Murray Hill a nice and safe area?

Thanks a lot already in advance!

Re: Ramada Inn in Murray Hill

by thunderbox

I've never been to the Ramada Inn, but Murray Hill is a great area. It's very safe. Residents are fairly young and the location is central. You're close to Grand Central with Subway connections to all of Manhattan. You are also within walking distance of any midtown attractions on both the East and West side including Grand Central, Times Square, Broadway, Public Library, Empire State Building, etc.
Let me know if you want more info. on the area.

Re: Ramada Inn in Murray Hill

by 10028

The best sources for reviews are on this site and also on www.tripadvisor.com.

30th & Lex is not the nicest part of Murray Hill, to my mind. That's not to say it's not safe, but I think there are prettier neighborhoods to stay in, like the West Village or the Upper West Side.

Comments