Renaissance New York Times Square

Two Times Square, 714 7th Avenue, at W 48th Street, New York City, New York, 10036, United States

Renaissance New York Hotel Times Square
Booking.com Renaissance Hotels Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• alsport's Profile Photo

Nice hotel......I think

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL UNTIL THEY ARE FINISHED WITH THEIR CONSTRUCTION!!!!!

I checked in at about 2 a.m., (Aug. 25), ran out to grab a bite, and finally made it to bed at about 4:30. At 9 a.m., I was awakened by the sounds of saws and hammers going at it. They are doing some construction at the hotel but I thought that the available rooms would be far enough away so that they guests would not be affected by the construction sounds. I was wrong.

I was supposed to be there for three days but checked out within two hours of my unexpected and unwanted wake-up call.

The people there are great, polite and friendly. It's unfortunate that the construction was going on when it was.

Unique Quality: I can't tell you. Due to the construction noise, I checked out of this hotel before I could explore and expereince the characteristics.

Directions: It's right in the middle of Times Square.

• ctorres1979's Profile Photo

A Comfy Hotel In Times Square

Another little weekend trip that me and my husband planned for no special occasion. Even though this hotel is part of a major hotel chain it feels like a small cozy hotel. The location is right in times square but we felt so cozy in our perfect room. The only thing someone might not like about this hotel is that the fitness center is really tiny.

Unique Quality: Great views of Times Square

More about Renaissance New York Times Square

Renowned Renaissance Staff

by TripAdvisor Member cindyOcala_fl

Renowned Renaissance Staff......we had the pleasure of staying at the Renaissance Hotel Times Square August 5-8 2004.........We have never received the courtesy and promptness that this hotel offers at any other hotel in the wonderful and resilient city of New York. The view of Times Square from Foley's is the best!!!!!!!! Go for it!!!!!!!

We had the best time

My husband and I went to NYC over Easter break last year. I realize I forgot to post a review and wanted to fix that. Our stay at the Renaissance Hotel could not have been better. We had bid through Priceline at $140.00 per night for 7 nights back in February. The rates posted online at the Renaissance were never less than 259-279 for the nights that we were staying there. I think we got a great bargain. As soon as we knew we won our priceline bid I had called the hotel direct to verify our reservations and also had requested a non smoking room with a queen size bed or better. They reserved a King size deluxe room, non smoking. On arriving, I asked for a room on a higher floor hoping for a good view. At check in, the clerk mentioned our rooms were prepaid via priceline. We left a credit card for incidentals, whick amounted to 14.33 for the 7 days and included a local tax of 2.00 per day. Our room was on the 14th floor which appears was the 10th floor, since the numbers jumped from lobby to the 4th floor, and the room had a view over Broadway. We overlooked the Hershey's store, the double decker bus departure site and the never far away Starbucks.
We didn't feel like inferior customers because we used Priceline. EVERYONE was helpful, pleasant, efficient. The Concierge was always ready with subway suggestions or walking directions.
The hotel is really really nice. Mahogany and marble everywhere. The real plus was the help staff.
The room itself was classic, clean. The TV included an interface to the internet, which we didn't use. It was a flat rate of 11.95 per day if you used it. Also had movies. We enjoyed watching the news on New York One, TV station. There were two upholstered chairs next to the window with a small table. The room was of a nice size, moderately sized bathroom, coffee maker. The mini bar! Don't touch it if you don't mean it. Just opening it generated a bill of $20.00. Apparently it's on a REAL sensitive sensor. Twice we had to have our bill adjusted. We didn't want $4.00 cokes or 3.50 candy bars. We had no problem getting our bill credited.
Another feature we liked about the hotel was it's size. Our room wasn't down long corridors. Easy access to the street. And EASY access to all the theatres. We went to 5 plays while we were there and all were an easy walk even in chilly weather.
We didn't eat at Foley's. We couldn't imagine wanting to overlook Times Square. By the time we left, I was quite tired of the Times Square scene. We ate the fixed price menu's in an Italian restaurant on Restaurant Row. There was a wonderful little deli, The Stage Door deli where we went for breakfast almost daily. By the second time there, the deli waiter remembered had remembered our order, right down to the pulp free Tropicana OJ. Very impressive. Breakfast was 10.31 cents including coffee, juice, eggs, toast, home made potatoes for both of us. SERVED. Beat that, Denny's! (you can order downstairs and carry it upstairs to eat or go upstairs and be waited on. Either way, it's plastic forks and paper plates.)
Oh, and for a finale, we were leaving the hotel at 2:30. We requested a courtesy late check out time which they accomodated with grace. On a Saturday. We left with a very good feeling about the Renaissance Hotel.

we would stay nowhere else in ny

This was our first trip to ny. The renaissance was a fantastic place to stay. All the staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were spotless and the food was great.
The location is the best in town with all of the action on the doorstep and all entertainment and attractions within easy reach. We are planning our second visit to the renaissance. Not bothering to look at any other hotels.

Very Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member carcar_06

I stayed at this hotel for over a week on vacation. It is a very nice hotel, and the staff is excellent!! The room is very nice, and the marbel bathroom is very nice too! Although the room is a little small, it still was very comfy. I don't recomend eating at the hotel, because it is very expensive, but the view of Times Square is great. This is a nice hotel, and it is worth the money!!

The Renaissance was great for my group

by TripAdvisor Member mtnmoma

I took a group to New York this spring and we stayed at the Renaissance for 4 nights. Everyone loved the hotel, the location, the price and the staff. It is one of my favorite hotels in New York.

Great Romantic Getaway with Access to it All

by TripAdvisor Member sjy66

My wife and I have been to New York City many times, but always on work related trips or with the kids. This time we decided to go spend a few days together for just the two of us. For this special occasion, we chose the Renaissance.

I admit being nervous that I might have made a bad decision, realizing that I had a lot at stake with this trip and having never stayed there before but it was a place we'd both wanted to try. We were not disappointed.

We stayed five days and enjoyed every minute of it. Truthfully, I have to admit there were minor annoyances such as asking housekeeping to leave an extra packet of coffee (you'd think with a note every day for three days that it wouldn't be necessary to keep asking, etc...) and the fact that the girl at the front desk would not sell me stamps because she had to keep them for those with international packages".

The rest of the staff, from check-in to check-out, were so very kind. Their level of service reminded us of The Ritz Carlton with the entire staff glad to see you, being sure to let you know they care that your are there.

Many times I've stayed in a pricey NYC hotel only to be treated poorly by snobbish doormen, front desk clerks, etc... but overall the staff here really made an effort to make us very comfortable.

The king size bed was incredibly comfortable as were the lovely towels in the bathroom. The marble tub was huge and provided for very relaxing, long baths.

It is located within a block of subway stations, so access to anywhere in the city was so simple and convenient. Could run up to Zabars on West 80th, grab a picnic lunch and go to Central Park then grab the subway down to SoHo for the afternoon and then be back at the hotel within minutes... All of our shows were within a few blocks at the most, so all your entertainment is close enough to just walk.

There is only a handful of hotels in Manhattan that I'll recommend to loved ones and colleagues. The Algonquin and The Renaissance are two at the top.

Thanks for a wonderful stay Renaissance. See you next time.

Wouldn't Stay Anywhere Else

Brought my mum here for her birthday in July. It was her first time in New York and I wanted to make it extra special.

We couldn't have falted anything. The room was great and very clean, lovely bathroom. The staff especially the concierge were very helpful in obtaining us 2 Wicked Tickets when it is supposedly sold out for weeks - cannot recommend that show enough. Main purpose of the trip was to see The Boy From Oz and Hugh Jackman didn't let us down. His last performance is 12 September and if anybody is going to New York between now and then this is the show to see.

Never been there

by Gradelady2

Never been to NYC, looking for a great place to stay, willing to pay reasonable+ rates. Can anyone help?

by zuriga

www.quikbook.com has good suggestions and often bargain rates. I've got a few favorites but live nearby and don't use hotels all that often.
On the Avenue - Upper West Side
Shoreham.. Small but elegant as is The Wales - upper East Side
Renaissance - Times Square Area - close to shopping, theaters etc.
The W - very expensive but posh - 47th & Broadway

Have a great trip.

by peewee2002

I was in New York Easter this year and stayed in the Marriot on Lexington Av for $70 a night . you need to go to this website www.priceline.com where you name the price for the hotel, Book it the day before you travel you will get it next to nothing, Good Luck

by Juampisan

Hi! You can look for some information in newyorkrent.com.ar
Good luck!!!

by UK_GUY_LOVES_VEGAS

By far the best hotel in NYC is the Pennsylvania. Its right opposite the main amtrak / subway station so travelling is easy and its also opposite Madisson Square Gardens and approx 2 blocks from Time Square and Empire State Building. Rates are very reasonable and rooms are good.

by patodonia10

I founded accomodation in newyorkrent.com.ar
Good luck!

by johnsakura

try also american dream hostel somewhere near 24th street with lexington
I used to work on a hostel that was close friend with this one. so...nice people.
bye Joao

by katgriffin

Reasonable in New York may shock you, but for your first trip, the Algonquin would be a great place to stay. It is close to everything and the history is fascinating. Read up on Dorothy Parker and the round table before you go, and visit the Algonquin web site for more interesting info.

Comments