Rooms to Let

the passthe pass

frontfront

Times Square steps

by blondie59

Where exactly are the steps located? I will be in NYC this weekend and I hope to get some good pictures..

by ter1413

47th street near the TKTS booth. You can't miss them..

by ForestqueenNYC

I lived in NY for almost 10 years and this is the first time I have ever heard about them. That's one of the great things about VT. You often learn something new.

by ForestqueenNYC

Here they are. http://www.timessquarenyc.org/facts/newduffy.html

I guess I must have been looking up when I walked by them.

by mccalpin

Hmpf, I've never noticed them either...but look at http://www.timessquarenyc.org/facts/newduffy7.html - "The new shining red steps reflect the dynamism of Times Square." New? Hey, maybe they haven't been shiny and red for very long...maybe that's how we missed them ;-)

Bill

by clareabee

i suppose as a tourist you are looking out for these kind of things...i often find where i live i totally miss things :-)

I think Alicia keys filmed part of her video for 'empire state of mine part II' here (an excellent song!!!!) - they are great to get some fantastic photos from!

by rdglady

The steps are actually part of the TKTS booth. They were built when they finally got rid of the old, dreadfully inadequate trailers that served TKTS and built a modern facility.

Travel Tips for New York City

safe subway

by snowportal

the subway is safe everyone on tv says its scary ....vancouver bc canada's skytrainplat forms r more violent. shopping. thats about it. only because i'm into the quiet country side, wilderness, lonesome sport thing .
if i had tonnes of money it'd probly be real fun. but you have to go once to see.

Tour for Free!

by Vintom

I was looking for info on New York before I went and came across a site called "Big Apple Greeters" Thet claimed to be a free organisation who were willing to show you round New York absolutely free! Yeah right you think, what's the catch? Well the truth is there is no catch and they do exactly as they say! All you do is e-mail them with your information, like what date you will be there and what you would like to see e.t.c.
They even phoned me transatlantic to confirm my booking! Hows that for service. When you get to New York you simply phone your appointed greeter and then make arrangements to meet somewhere and they will give you a walking tour of the area.

I saw a side of Central Park that I would not have seen on my own, that's for sure!
My Greeter was able to explain in detail exactly what it is i was seeing as we strolled through Central Park e.t.c.

Rockefeller Plaza with Jeff...

by bluefelt

Rockefeller Plaza with Jeff Koons' Puppy flower sculpture in front. I talked to the man who was watering the huge thing and he didn't sound too excited about it. It was in full bloom in June, on my first trip all alone in 2000.

In addition to having a great time on my own, I met Parker Posey again (see Dublin page for 1st story) by leaving her a letter at the box office of a play she was in called 'Taller Than a Dwarf' (w/ Matthew Broderick). She remembered me from Dublin and was so kind and wonderful again in person. We talked for 20 or so minutes and then she had to leave...I got to hold her arm steady while she rollerbladed out into the screaming crowd. I'll always remember how real she was to Ilana & me. She's just a beautiful soul. Thanks Parker.

Take time to experience the...

by SJM

Take time to experience the city...New York is typically fast and frenetic, especially when you're there on business. There are some quieter pockets and moments to be captured, however, if you can take one step back from the hustle and bustle to just watch, listen, observe and absorb. I have spent many hours (days or weeks in total, I'm sure) in Central Park, and the momories of time spent there will always solicit tranquil and centered emotions for me. An oasis of green in the heart of this concrete island, it's a fabulous blend of energies, cultures and lifestyles.

97 ALDS

by cjg1

Game 1 1997 American League Division Series.

Cleveland goes up 5 nothing on David Cone in the 1st Inning. Not only do the Yankees come back to win but they come BACK TO BACK TO BACK to win!.

I don't know if its been done since but I know Tim Raines, Derek Jeter, and Paul O'niell were the first in playoff history to do it.

Comments