Row NYC Hotel

Tags

Family Travel Business Travel Budget Travel
See Amenities

Worst Hotel Ever

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 5, 2012

I do not even know where to begin to go on about the problems I have had with this hotel. 1. The first room I was in had grass stains and urine stains on the sheets. We were moved to another room after the manager looked at the sheets and right away was shocked and offered us a suit. 2. We called the front desk for extra towels and they never came. 3. We called the maid manager to get new sheets before we had our room moved and were told she would be right up and she never came. 4. There was yellow sheets in our second room but we decided to not make any more fuss. 5. We then had a maid come into our room without knocking and turned on the lights. We told her to come back later and did not even appologize and walked out and shut the door. 6. They were nice enough to take off all chargers on the hotel (they said), and we went to the crowne plaza down the road ($70 more per night but WELLLLLL worth $300 more). 7. I had called back five days later because my card was charged for 2 nights (we had only stayed one and the one night was reversed). I spoke to a lady on the phone by the name of Jackie Ilbersonso that night and she raised her voice, hung up multiple times on me, interrupted me multiple times and was in no way understand or in no way tried to solve the situation. This hotel had no positive qualities at all. The hallways were absolutly gross, they looked like a jail cell. The doors were barley made of metal, they were very thin/light doors. The service/people who work there/ rooms were horrific and if it were possible I would personally pay every person $70 more per night to not stay here and to stay at the Crowne Plaza down the road. WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD BY FAR DOOOOO NOTTTT STAYYYYY HERE.

Best of Hotels & Accommodations

by written on March 28, 2012

Milford Plaza Resort Awesome Provide any time spend less such here very intelligent category many look at operating i have revenue gone there so you also choose and go there get revenue. it is actual tood excellent hotel, amazing assistance, High-Speed Online Accessibility in all places throughout the Resort. Fee: $14.95 for 24 time.

Unique Quality: facilities, pool, great

Directions: Milford Plaza Hotel, 700 8th Avenue, New York, NY 10036

lucylulu07's Profile Photo

"Glitch in the System" Beware

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 3, 2008

We booked a room at the Milford thru hotelbook.com for an unbelievably low price. We were in such disbelief that we initially thought it was a hoax. So we called the reservation office 2 days before and they did confirm that such booking exists. Come check-in day, we went around Manhattan to kill time since check-in at the Milford is not until 3:00pm. No phone calls from the hotel.

Imagine our horror when the manager at the check-in counter told us that there was a mistake on the room rate and due to a glitch in the system, one digit of the total rate was not displayed. She said she cannot honor the rate we have on our original booking and offered a small discount instead. She went on to say that it is not their fault and that we should call our booking agent (www.hotelbook.com) to complain. She mentioned that it was the 2nd time that that type of "glitch" happened that day. But they did not even have the courtesy to give us a phone call or email to warn us of the mistake. Her tone was not even apologetic at all. She did not offer to help us in any way.

I could not even express how inconvenienced we were to find out that we did not have a place to stay. Our trip was ruined as we spent the most part of the day looking for another place within our budget.

I hope this serves a warning to everyone.

Unique Quality: --

Directions: Midtown Manhattan

JoeHand's Profile Photo

A good deal for the money / Excellent location

by written on April 12, 2008

My father, son, and I stayed at the Milford Plaza Hotel April 8, 2008 through April 12, 2008, and I must say that I was quite impressed. Usually, we stay at the Edison Hotel on 47th street, but I wanted to try something different. I was not disappointed with the Milford Plaza. I found it to be a good deal for the money. It is not going to be as nice as the higher priced hotel in the area, but if your looking for a bargin in a great location, you won't go wrong with the Milford. Close to subway stations, Broadway Theatre, and Time square. The staff was friendly. Security was also very good. I liked the way they checked who was coming and going around the elevators.

Unique Quality: Nice loby, great location. For four nights, including one Friday night stay, we paid about $1000 (included taxes and fees) for two double beds on the 19th floor. Our room looked out over the Hudson River.

MoNewcamp's Profile Photo

Good location

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 12, 2008

I would Not recommend staying here. We had 3 rooms in July 07 and they all had different problems.
The air conditioning only worked in some rooms some of the time or not at all, the shower would stop running water and start again at anytime and tub would not drain.

Bed Bugs in some rooms and management was not surprised.

Could use a little dusting on vents in rooms.

The restaurant/bar was closed for renovations but was never mention til when tried to find it at the hotel.

need I go on???

Unique Quality: Location was good.
We had fun anyways, laughed alot!!
everyones room was unique with problems to share at dinner time.

Directions: Close to the shows

irishmom's Profile Photo

New York City Tour

by written on February 24, 2007

Great place to serve as your home base for a whirlwind tour of the the Big Apple. A comfortable room close to everything. Excellent security. A pretty good size room for NYC, bath is typical/minimalist, but remember you are NOT paying $500 a night for a room.
I would highly recommend this for your vacation stay.

Unique Quality: Close to Broadway, Hell's Kitchen, subway station. Walking distance to pier for water tours.
Can hail a cab outside to anywhere. Grayline stops at corner.

Directions: 8th and 44th - Theater District - walking distance to everything.

dazzer42's Profile Photo

A MUST STAY FOR TOURISTS!!!!

by written on February 14, 2007

I had a short week vacation in New York in Jan 2007 and stayed at the Milford Plaza which is on 45th and 8st which is ideally located in Midtown Manhattan.

What I liked most about this hotel is it's prime location from a tourist's point of view.
The rooms are clean, comfortable and most importantly cheap.
Not the spacious place i've been in, but you spend 90% out of the hotel, so who cares??

It's right behind Times Square where all the action is and there's a train station right opposite.
I tell you, this Hotel has everything you need at your fingertips.
From Posh Restaurants to Maccy D's (MacDonald's), Supermarkets to Department stores (5th ave)

I would def go back there again.

Have fun where ever you go, New York truely is a great city!!

Darren

Unique Quality: Facilities include Gym, Cash machines (ATM), downstairs Irish Pub (Garvey's Pub) and a friendly and helpful Concierge service.

Joseph69's Profile Photo

In the thick of it!

by written on January 26, 2007

The hotel is not that great by international standards, but compared to what you pay for in New York, well, it's not that bad. The rooms aren't very big. In fact, the rooms are one of the smallest I have experienced in my life! But, they are regularly cleaned, there is an ensuite and the bed was nice and comfy.

It's in a fantastic location if you're looking for all the excitement of the city and nightlife. It's only a 2 minute walk to Times Square, and close to all the grear shopping. It's also in the buisiest part of the city, so if you don't like crowds that last 20 hours per day, I suggest a bit further afield such as Upper West Side, Upper East Side, etc.

Scaramouche21's Profile Photo

Not Too Horrible...

by written on October 30, 2006

The Milford Plaza has long been a favorite hotel for my family. What can I say? They're good Jews. Although far from poor, my family cannot help but seek the best "deal" everywhere travelled.
Recently, I've begun to doubt this hotel's "value". The rooms are tiny -- not at all ideal for parties of more than two, unless only one adult is involved. The price is very low -- however, the rooms are claustrophobic even by Manhattan standards. In addition, the front desk is horribly understaffed, and long lines, at any time of day and night, are common.
The Milford does, however, have a few redeeming qualities. Its location alone makes it worthwhile if you're only seeking convenience. This hotel is in the middle of everything -- only a two-minute walk from Times Square, and less than that from many of Broadway's theatres. Most major subway lines are within a block of the Milford.
If you're travelling alone or with a single partner, and particularly if you're on a budget, this just might be an ideal accommmodation for you.

Unique Quality: The Milford serves a continental breakfast int he Club House room frm 6:30 through 10:00 A.M. There is also a 24-hour fitness room, and free wifi.

b4ugogo's Profile Photo

all 28 stories of it.

by written on February 15, 2006

I enjoyed my stay at the Milford Plaza, I thought it was very nice and in a good location.
the room was clean with an en suite, teh hotel has a big lobby but I must warn you that the rception alwasys seems to be bussy with long ques, it took me 30mins to check out, in away you can use this to your advantage as the the fact people are continuely queing you could check out late and go unoticed.
This hotel is also used by alot of airline crews but they don't hold up reception as they have their own desk.
What ever you do, don't buy show tickets at the hotel as they come at a premium, even the guy on the desk told me this.

Unique Quality: good location, helpful staff.

Directions: right by Time Square on the corner of 45th street & 8th Avenue.

nearest Subway - 42 Street-Port Authority Bus Terminal - Blue Line A C E

gracinda's Profile Photo

The Most Central Hotel in Manhattan

by written on January 30, 2006

We stay 6 days in this hotel. It's a very good hotel for the price.The location is excellent.
The rooms are small but cleans, the wc also.
The AC it was very noisy but it works.
The hotel security it was very good.

Merrie's Profile Photo

right in the centre of the Big Apple

by written on January 8, 2006

This hotel is right in the centre in the Theatre District. Do not expect big comfortable rooms.. Rooms are very small but clean..

Unique Quality: Just go to bed, close your eyes.... and... you really realize that you are in New York... (the sound of traffic including policecars, fireengines and ambulances all the time...)

Directions: The Milford Plaza NYC Hotel is located in the heart of Broadway’s Theater District, around the corner from 14 Broadway theaters.

Lydita's Profile Photo

Sleeping in the core of the Great Apple

by written on September 24, 2005

Maybe isn't the most luxurious hotel of NYC, but, who does need to stay in a hotel room being in such an amazing city, with so many things to visit? Maybe the staff isn't the nicest people, or the hotel isn't the cleanest that I've seen in my life, but everythings ok. The rooms are a bit small, but enough to have a nice rest after an exhausting day...And a stone's throw away of the center! (About a 2 minute walk from Times Square)

Unique Quality: The outstanding characteristic, without a doubt, it's it LOCATION. Beside Times Square, and in the centre of Broadway...Fabulous!

feag's Profile Photo

Nice, central, not too expensive

by written on May 25, 2005

We stayed in the Milford Plaza in our January visit, it is very central, a 10 min walk up to Times Square and has cafes all around for breakfasts and a great pizza restaurant 2 mins walk round the corner.

Unique Quality: Good location and comfortable.

Directions: 10 mins from Times Square

aheritage's Profile Photo

Milford Plaza Hotel: In the Heart of Manhattan

by written on March 15, 2005

I highly recommend the Milford Plaza if you're looking for a good value hotel without having to worry about the quality. I stayed here for three nights in March 2004. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay. Customer service was not the friendliest, but we did not have any problems with the staff. However, the quality of the hotel room was excellent. Yes, the rooms are small, but that is the norm in Manhattan. Everything else about the room was above expectation: the bed was comfortable, the room was very clean, and the hotel was not noisy at all. You also have cable TV, but this shouldn't matter too much since you are probably not going to NY to watch TV. Anything you could want out of a hotel in Midtown for a reasonable price, the Milford delivers.

Unique Quality: The best feature of the Milford is its location. It's a block away from the heart of Times Square and very close to the subway line. Everything you could possibly want to do in Manhattan is within your reach.

Directions: Midtown Manhattan

• Beverage Selection
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

New York City Travel Forum

Need advice about New York City, New York State? Visit the Travel Forum for New York City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest New York City hotel reviews

Conrad New York
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Martha Washington Hotel Formerly Thirty Thirty Hotel New York
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 16 Reviews
Murray Hill East Suites (149 East 39TH Street.)
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews