1 out of 5 stars1 Star

frontfront

okok

by Dongi

Hi,
Has any one heard of the Royal Park Hotel, 258 West 97th St, New York?
I can't seem to find any travel reviews and the price seems so cheap. Any clues?

Re: Royal Park Hotel

by yvr

It seems to be a hostel, gets fair reviews, I probably would not stay there. Just put in www.hostels.com and that should take you to the site with reviews.

Travel Tips for New York City

Just act the part!!

by weewatty

So you find yourself in NYC, you seen it so many times on films and such like.

Now what you gotta do is just wander around Manhattan pretending you are in an episode of NYPD Blue or grabbing a coffee like Chandler in Friends.

Once you do this you will generally feel quite chuffed in a feel good sorta way.

Liberty Rules!

by londonlover

Looking at this picture taken back in 1997--taken from the Statue of Liberty's pedastal, wearing my John Lennon shirt and standing proudly in front of the World Trade Towers--I still get shivers.

www.nps.gov/stli

Go to Times Square. I was...

by Aphrodite21

Go to Times Square. I was standing right in the middle of it all one night looking at the lights, the billboards, the people, the yellow taxis zooming by me........WOW!! It was absolutely unreal. I felt like I was watching a movie. We went out one night with some guys and one of them had a friend who owned a limo company. We ran into him that night and we were peering into the windows looking inside the limo when all of a sudden the driver said that we could get in for a bit and he'd drive us around. All I could think of during that time was that I was in a limo in New York. I couldn't believe it. Unreal!! I felt really important that night.

Hustle and Flow

by HispanicYob

I had many favorite things about NYC, including the variety of things to do. It's truly a city that never sleeps that's for sure. Going to the McDonalds in Times Square constantly to get a quick bite to eat before going back on the cruise ship.

Look out for the Stars

by Vintom

The cars were all outside a large complex known as the Lincoln Centre for the Performing Arts. There were a lot of television crews and press photographers hanging around, so we guessed something was happening that warranted our investigation.

It turned out to be a special evening in honour of Susan Sarondan the well-known actress, so well known in fact that Ididn't have a bloody clue who she was! I really have got to get out more!
We hung around watching the press photographers snapping away at the guests from behind the temporary fence, which had been erected to keep the smallish crowd from getting too close to the celebrities arriving for the performance.
To get a better view we entered into the area reserved for these photographers.
There was plenty of room with only a handful of snappers having bothered to turn up.
I got my camera out and tried to look as professional as possible as I joined them to take some pictures, but to be honest I did not recognise anybody who was passing by. The so called stars were all stopping to have their pictures taken, and the few pictures I took were apparently of Gina Davies, Faye Dunnaway and Harry Bellefonte, and I only know that because someone told me who they were. I would certainly be no good as a paparazzi photographer, what with being unable to recognise these so-called stars.

Comments