341 Broome Street, New York City, New York, 10013, United States

Rated 15% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Sohotel

Great Location

by UneBanane about Sohotel

The hotel is cheap, clean and is in a prime location. I stayed here for a week last year and for two weeks this year. I highly recommend this plce. Its minutes away from Canal St. & Chinatown, Little Italy and great Soho shopping. Its close to many subway lines.

Pleasantly surprised about the Pioneer Sohotel

My wife and I stayed there on April 15 & 16, 2005. We were both a bit scared to come from Minneapolis and stay in Manhattan. This hotel was a true blessing for us. It had clean linens, clean (and very soft!) towels, and really nice toilet paper (Hey these things are important!). There were no extra frills (shampoos, soaps, cable TV, or shoe polish), but who cares! We saved easily over $400 on two nights. We could buy cases of shampoo for that savings, if we wanted! We lucked out in that it was a quiet weekend. It may not always be that way. We felt safe the whole time in the area. We weren't out on the streets very late though. We were back by 11:00PM each night. Chinatown was a blast! Eat at Nyonya (Malaysian), 194 Grand St., ---------. Super cheap, super good eating. Also, we would highly recommend getting the book "New York for Dummies" ------. It helped us in so many ways. It lists restaurants and other items by cost. You can see New York on a budget! I gave this hotel an above average rating, because for the cost, the SoHotel WAS above average.

new yorks finest

by donnsin about red roof inn

it was great because you slept at the town...the hotel is for shopping purposes because its the most cheapest hotel in the city. unique it was simple and the people are nice. compared to the other hotels.

Quiet and Comfortable

by m644835 about Four Points Newark Airport, Sheraton in NJ

This hotel is in Elizabeth, NJ. It is a great hotel at a great price. I would recommend it but wouldn't stay in it againg if my trip is mainly Manhattan. It is expensive, time consuming and somewhat complicated getting from the Newark Int'l Airport to Grand Central in Midtown Manhattan. The hotel is clean, quiet, nice rooms, indoors pool, fair views of the city, great service. No complaints,

New York, New York

by Callieq about Embassy Suites Hotel

Immaculate! This is the hotel to stay in NYC. It has a great location near the water. You can select a view of the water or opt not to. A nights package includes a complementary managers reception, which includes little munchies and drinks in a bar type setting and an awesome breakfast the next morning. The rooms are really huge, compared to most in NYC. They have a bedroom, bathroom- with Bath and Body toilette trees, sitting area table, mini bar, mini sink and a pull out queen sofa. Definitely a family approved hotel. This hotel is not in Times Square. It’s about an 8- 10-minute subway ride. Being away from the Time Square limelight has its ups and downs, but it sure is nice to get away from the crowds at the end of the day. There are many dining choices around the hotel for dinner including Applebee’s, Taco Bell, McDonald’s, and more upscale places as well. The staff came off to be friendly and helpful. When I need my fill of the city this is the place I will continue to go. Have a great trip! Managers complementary reception - don't miss it!

Artwork around hotel.

Good deals on a great hotel in NYC

by Gav7blake about Roosevelt Hotel, New York

This is a great hotel that we have stayed in on 3 occassions now. The location is perfect if you are visiting NYC to shop, see the sights... 1 block from the heart of 5th avenue, a few blocks from times square and about the same to central park.

The style is very traditional New York, is full of charm and has great staff (they sent my wifes coat back to the UK for free after we left without it!) Fantastic location and traditional NY style.

Top tip... expedia.co.uk (and maybe .com) do some very good deals on this hotel if you catch them at the right time. we always book this hotel with them and wait for the deals to come up (pay 3 nights, get 4th free, etc.) This is great because this hotel can be pretty expensive without the deals due to its popularity and location (the price rating below is based on the deal prices).

walls of glass

by sassysato about The Hotel on Rivington

Amazing walls of glass. Temperpedic mattress.
Views-awe....inspiring
Soaking tubs- you will be a prune, its that good Views-aweinspiring
Soaking tubs- you will be a prune, its that good
Across the street is a candy store, huge candy store.
Down the street is the best facialist in NYC; Christine Chin

New Paltz's WORSE hotel

by JessyJane about Rodeway Inn and Suites

I HAVE TO FOREWARN ANYONE TRAVELING TO NEW PALTZ NY. DO NOT STAY AT THE RODEWAY INN AND SUITES - 601 MAIN STREET NEW PALTZ NEW YORK. I HAVE HAD ONE HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE THERE WITH A STAFF MEMBER (HOTEL DESK CLERK). SHE WAS ARROGANT, RUDE AND EVIL. SHE CURSED ME OUT AND FOLLOWED ME THRU THE HOTEL IN A VERY THREATENING MANNER WHILE WITH MY 10 YEAR OLD CHILD. ALL BECAUSE I ASKED FOR A PILLOW THAT OUR ROOM WAS LACKING. WE PAID 143.00 FOR THE OVERNIGHT STAY IN THE QUEEN SIZE SUITE (NOT) THAT SLEPT 6 BUT ONLY CAME WITH 4 PILLOWS. WE ARE A FAMILY OF 5 AND NEEDED ONE MORE PILLOW. FOR SOME REASON THIS MADE THE CLERK ANNOYED AT ME. CONTINUING TO CURSE ME OUT (CALLING ME WHITE TRASH M^&ER F^&*ER) MY 10 YEAR OLD WAS REDUCED TO TEARS AND DEATHLY AFFRAID OF THE UPCOMING NIGHTS STAY.
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. THE ROOM WAS DIRTY AND LACKED ENOUGH TOWELS TO ADD TO THE PILLOW INCIDENT. I DARED NOT ASK FOR ANOTHER 2 TOWELS. THERE IS NOTHING UNIQUE AT THE RODEWAY INN OTHER THAN THE ARROGANCE OF THE STAFF - WHICH YOU RARELY FIND IN THE HOTEL HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY.

S T A Y A W A Y F R O M R O D E W A Y !!!!

Conway's Motel on Loon Lake

by Ewingjr98

This is just a small 8 room motel that sits next to scenic Loon Lake. Built in 1959, the hotel was last renovated in 1986, and it shows its age with the worn carpet and old amenities. Rooms are very large and there is lots of parking. This is a decent place to stay to begin your exploration of the Adirondacks. The motel is locally owned by Erika & Bob Clench.

Prices generally start at $75 per night.

Pennsylvania Hotel New York

by JohnMBradford

A most dreadful hotel, do not believe a word on the website.
I saw 4 bedrooms. The beds are tiny. The staff are surly. The room lighting is hopeless. Electric sockets are loose and damaged. Rooms are dirty. There is no bathroom ventilation. A shower curtain was missing in one room. 2 rooms had blocked basins. The shower in 1 room was dangerous as it scalded. No clock in 1 room. Only one upright chair, none had an armchair. No writing paper. No 'do not disturb' signs.
And Willy will be sacked, I hope - he pushed a heavily laden luggage trolley into my wife, didn't apologise. I was unable to speak to anyone in authority - the bunker mentality no doubt because of the large number of complaints they must get.
Truly dreadful - please don't go there.

Hotel..Hotel..

In the hotelIn the hotel

hotelhotel

hotelhotel

sohotel?

by VAN2Z2

hello!

does anyone know if Sohotel is a good place to stay? their address is at 341 broome st. there will be about 6 of us traveling to NY in september and staying for about 5-7 days. it is first time in the big apple and we'll do mostly sightseeing. if anyone can suggest a cheap, clean and preferably centrally located hostel or any budget place to stay, i'd appreciate it.

thanks!!

RE: sohotel?

by MareTrip

I just now booked at Sohotel -- $89 for a double room with a private bath! Yay! It looks just fine to me from the website, and I've stayed at places that looked much worse but were actually OK. They appear to have cheap quads, too, if you're looking for that. We're going in May. This is the cheapest you'll ever find in NYC with private baths, so my advice would be to pounce, and pounce fast. I think it might be a special promotion. The neighborhood is cool, too.

RE: sohotel?

by alvi21

If you don't mind hostels, HI-New York is a good place that fits your requirements: cheap, clean, good location.

RE: RE: sohotel?

by VAN2Z2

thanks for your reply maretrip and alvi21. i've checked out hi-newyork's website and i think we'll make a go for it. it's definitely what were looking for. Thanks again!! :-)

Greenwich village...BnB or Hotel...

by dark86

Help, any1 know anywhere good?? sohotel is full and wanted to stay there.

can pay up to $200 a night but would rather not.

thx peeps.

RE: Greenwich village...BnB or Hotel...

by nyceagle1633

www.applecorehotels.com

Cheap Hotels

by UneBanane

Hi All!

My friend and I are looking to going to NYC from Oct. 19th - 23rd. The hotel we wanted to stay @ (Sohotel) is booked. Just wondering if any of you know any cheap & clean hotels to stay in...the Soho/Chinatown area preffered if possible...or if there are any good hotel search sites that you can recommend? Thanks for your help.

RE: Cheap Hotels

by UneBanane

Oh yeah...with a private bath as well. Thanks.

RE: RE: Cheap Hotels

by zuriga

You can check www.quikbook.com. I'm not sure if they have any cheap hotels in that area, but it's worth a look.

Comments