3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Costs 22% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City

Thank God for Staybridge Suites, Times Square

by TripAdvisor Member Greatglobalfood

As VAV - Volcanic Ash Victims, I wanted to say how wonderful we found, not only our scheduled stay, but the level of service we received at Staybridge Suites, Times Square during the incredibly stressful time in our unscheduled extended stay. At this point I would like to name the key staff members, Assistant General Manager, Seen Kei Chiew was truly outstanding, his calm manner and no problem attitiude not to mention being 'hands on' with all the guests was very reassuring for my family and I. He was always available and always more than happy to assist with last minute requests, Carter and Miles on Front Desk were both also reassuring, Carter with great banter and great sense of humour was a great to have during this period of uncertainty, Danielle who would offer help and assistance with the computers and 'things to do' whilst stranded - thank you so much! To be honest, the staff were charming, happy to help and always with a genuine smile. Our stay was wonderful here, offering us refuge during this very uncertain time. Staybridge Suites is a great boutique type of proprerty, clean and modern and right by Times Square. Thanks to you all and we hope to see you again soon. Enjoy!

Its about the smiles

by TripAdvisor Member ZMR

New hotel so expect some teething problems. The Cable TV is not the best and has issues from time to time. The walls between rooms are thin ( typical of most NY hotels). The housekeeping and cleaning of the rooms leave much to be desired. But the overall pleasantness, hospitality and smiles of the staff make this a great value for money hotel. Location is conveneint , though a bit seedy (this I think will change over time(

Fantastic staff

by TripAdvisor Member Donnamc2

We moved here from another hotel when our flight was cancelled due to the volcano. We were very upset, angry blah blah however on arrival we were treat wonderfully and put at ease at once. Danielle the concierge was fantastic as was the assistant manager who assured us no matter how long the airports were closed we would have a room and not at an infleated cost. The rooms were immaculate, well equipped and comfortable. Free breakfast superb as was the sundown reception. The free uswe of the business centre was incredibly vital to us at this time. Thank you Staybridge for making two weary travellers feel very welcome and cared for during a traumatic time.

A Very Nice Stay

by TripAdvisor Member ptprincess

I booked this hotel before it was even open and was concerned about the location. I have to say we really enjoyed our stay. I liked the idea that the hotel was new because I like clean and new. (Which it was). My sister in law and I traveled with two teenagers to see a broadway show and spend some time in the city. The staff was very accommodating. The rooms were nice. The beds were comfy, but the stand up showers in the bathroom were rather small. My sister in law and I are on the petite side and I must say that we both commemted on how challenging it would be for most individuals to use the showers comfortably. The elevators ( of which there are 3) are also very small. The breakfast was very tasty and plentiful.(staff worked hard to keep restocking and keeping the area clean). Back to the location, it was not bad at all. I did not feel unsafe. When I made my hotel reservation I had parking included.(parking garage right before hotel). This was very convenient. All in all, I would recommend this hotel and would likely return in the future.

The staff went out of the way to make us feel at ease during a trying period

by TripAdvisor Member alwaysjustpeachy

My wife and I stayed at the Staybridge from April 13 to April 25, 2010. We were in NYC for me to have a knee replacement and planned to move my wife to a hotel closer to the eastside hospital once I went in for surgery. We were overwhelmed with the beauty of the lobby and our hotel room. Everyone employee we met was exceptional. It was solely through the professionalism and courteousness exhibited by a staff member, Andy, that convinced my wife that she would be more comfortable and feel more secure remaining at Staybridge during my surgery so I cancelled the other reservation. What's not to like there. A wonderful and professional staff (including Sunny), evening receptions, great breakfast every morning and a cheerful and willing staff to assist me with luggage and a wheelchair after my surgery. We would definitely return again.

GREAT VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY

by TripAdvisor Member mrscalifornia02

Although we had to walk two not so nice blocks to get to the heart of Times Square I would stay here again in a heart eat. Brand new hotel with comfortable beds. The breakfast was just ok but the happy hour Monday thru Thursday made up for it. The staff was very helpful. The room was just about in line with New York sized rooms. It's hard to find two bed rooms these days.

Our oasis of calm

by TripAdvisor Member HappywandererDerbys

As Volcanic Ash Victims we wish to say how exceptionally lucky we were to stay at the Staybridge after being abandonded by our cruise line company. This brand new hotel is clean, comfortable & very well equipped. Being able to use a complimentary laundry after a two week holiday was a dream beyond expectations. To have breakfast & drinks evenings provided helped us interact socially with other guests & keep up with developments in (or out) of the sky. The staff under Assistant General Manager Seen Kei Chiew were professional, helpful, reassuring and most importantly patient with our questions & queries. The business centre staff were a lifeline; helping us to negociate the "web" and sending us in the right direction around the city. Particular thanks to Anthony (Vice President) a senior member of the establishment who was highly visible front of house, He was approachable at all times, empathised with our difficulties and took time out of a busy schedule to chat with us. A big thank you to you all; we wish the Staybridge every success in the future. 1010

Staybridge Heaven

by TripAdvisor Member GrapeFriend

As victims of the Volcanic Ash and after being abandoned by our cruise line and airline companies we would like to say how extremely lucky we were to get a room at the Staybridge. The hotel which is brand sparklingly new (opened at beginning of April) is clean, very comfortable and very well equipped.
All staff were professional, helpful, patient and reassuring, the business centre staff were a lifeline; helping us to use the internet facilities and giving help and advice on places to go and where to go to eat.
The complimentary very ample breakfasts and the ‘sundowner’ evenings helped us get to know other travellers whether they were at the Staybridge on holiday or as we were on an unexpected extended ‘holiday’ – also having the use of a complimentary laundry after a two week holiday was an unexpected luxury.
We would like to say a BIG Thank You to ALL staff at the Staybridge with our particular thanks to Anthony who was always on hand, very approachable and who always took time out to talk to his guests. Anthony and the Assistant General Manager Seen Kei Chiew and staff at the Staybridge are exceptional people again thank you to you all; we wish you and the Staybridge every success in the future. Should we return to New York at any time there is only one place we will stay – The Staybridge Suites Hotel, 340 West 40th Street Times Square. Room 1109

Excellent value for money

by TripAdvisor Member Herman078

As our trip to California was canceled on the account of the spewing volcano, we (family with two teenagers) booked week later a lastminute to NYC. Chose this hotel on its reviews on tripadvisor, and was not disappointed : this is an excellent value for money for Manhattan.
MINUS : the FREE internet was down on our first day, and on the next day one of the 3 elevators gave up. All fixed next day and minor impact on our stay. Breakfast room can get crowdy.
PLUS : good location on W 40th (Subway 3 minutes walking distance. Time Square max 10 minutes walk). Clean rooms, small cooking area, big flatscreen TV. Comfortable stay with 4 people. The complementary beer/wine 3 evenings a week : brilliant idea. Enjoyed choice of food available @ complementary breakfast.

Excellent Facilities, Service and Location

by TripAdvisor Member Palazzo13

We spent 11 nights in this hotel waiting for a flight back to London when the Icelandic ash cloud closed the UK airports, and it turned out to be a perfect base for an extended stay for myself, my wife and our two pre-teen daughters.

Firstly the management and staff were very helpful and flexible with our bookings - we might have been there for 3 weeks based on the initial return dates we were given - and allowed us to cut short the stay at fairly short notice.

The room was clean and comfortable with an excellent satellite TV service (including HD) which meant we could keep up with ash cloud news, and watch live Premier League football (once we'd had enough of sightseeing and shopping!). We had a two double bed room which wasn't massive, but has plenty of storage so you're not tripping over stuff all the time.

The free internet was very reliable, and essential during our stay - we saved a fortune using Skype from the netbook we'd brought along to ring people in the UK. The hotel also provides free toll-free and local calls.

The hotel has a simple, but good, buffet breakfast included in the price, and an evening reception with free food and drinks (beer and wine) for 2 hours every Tues/Weds/Thurs.

It also has a free laundry (including washers/dryers and powder) and a small gym with wrights and treadmills.

The location is great for Times Square, although it's right next to the Port Authority Bus Terminal, so it's not the prettiest location in town.

Overall, although we chose the hotel rather hurriedly when our stay was unexpectedly extended, we couldn't have chosen a better place, and we would recommend this hotel to others visiting New York and needing a comfortable, well located place to stay.

Beautiful ceiling in GCTBeautiful ceiling in GCT

more trafficmore traffic

Skyline seen from Top Of The RockSkyline seen from Top Of The Rock

walk along Battery Parkwalk along Battery Park

Chinatown: Traditional Chinese Massages

by kzapanta

Hey Gang,
Where are the good traditional massages located in Chinatown?

I'm not looking for seedy, happy ending kinds; I'm looking for holistic, accupressure kind that is cheap.

Thanks a bunch! If there is a meet in late Aug., would love to hang out!
Ken

Re: Chinatown: Traditional Chinese Massages

by von.otter

I do not know of any in Chinatown, though surly there are. I do know of two on Christopher Street. Chinese Tai Ji Center at 45 Christopher Street, just west of West Fourth Street; and the Back Rub/Foot Rub at 18 Christopher Street.

Re: Chinatown: Traditional Chinese Massages

by kzapanta

Thank you, I added them to my google maps.

It does not have to be in Chinatown, just thought it would be the cheapest around there and anything in Manhattan is a subway away.

Comments