319 West 48th Street, New York City, New York, 10036, United States

The Belvedere
Travelocity Expedia.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Good and Bad

We visited the Belvedere over Easter this year. Location is excellent, less than 5 minutes walk from Times Square. The breakfast choice was fantastic, ranging from a cooked hot breakfast to fresh fruit meat and cheese buffet. Door and Restaurant Staff were fantastic as well. However, our daughter was ill and vomited 5 of the six nights that we were there. We requested clean sheets a few of the nights and the staff confirmed this would be done. In the end the sheets never arrived or were not changed. We chased a few times and still not changed. After complaining a third time the sheets arrived, but we had to put these on ourselves. This spoilt our trip somewhat, as did the 1 to 2 cm of dust / dirt / other peoples waste that we found under both of the beds. On the second day we advised the hotel staff that the room was not clean but I guess they can't be bothered to vacuum UNDER the beds....we gave up asking then to clean after asking 3 times as the incompetence was consistent!!!
    Shame really as this could have been an excellent review but severely let down by the cleanliness of the room and falseness / unreliability of some of the staff.

Unique Quality: Location and breakfast are great.

• Think Carefully

The bed was the hardest ever, very small lobby, very small rooms, very tiny bathroom, very tiny elevator, very rude clerk in the gift shop - I tried to cheer her up, but she was not buying. Very expensive breakfast buffet that is not anything special - $19.95 + taxes totaling approx $30.00 for breakfast - it was good, but not that good! Very clean, everything nice, everyone helpful, xcept gs clerk, who was pregnant and maybe she did not feel well. The location is the best however. But I don't think I would stay at the Belvedere again, mostly because the bed was so uncomfortable - sorry.

Directions: Midtown

• Excellent,Quiet,Convenient Value

Great, prompt, very friendly service. Very good bed, pillows not so great, very nice, well appointed room, AC unit a little loud. Very convenient to Times Square, subways, Central Park, but far enough off Broadway to be very quiet, in a nice neighborhood. Excellent Restaurant attached. Everything you want nearby (Starbucks, convenience store, bars, restaurants, drug store)

Directions: Times Square

• Great NYC hotel!

My daughter & I stayed here on a last minute NYC trip a few years ago.
    It was great!

The accomdations (for NYC--every room is smallish) were good.

I couldn't get my high speed internet working correctly on my laptop so I called the front desk--they had someone to our room in less than 5 minutes.
    Great service!
    Fabulous location!

Unique Quality: All rooms feature a kitchenette with microwave and refrigerator, private bath with hair dryer, color cable TV, iron and ironing board, and telephone with computer dataport.

A doorman is also on duty 24 hours a day for added assistance and security. Parking can be found one block away and the hotel gift shop is open for last-minute items and souvenirs. Breakfast can be purchased at the hotel for $15.00 per person for a full American Breakfast.

However, read my other tip for the BEST place to get a belgian waffle & coffee in the morning while staying at The Belvedere.

Directions: Located In the Broadway Theater district.

6 blocks from Rockefeller center.
    3 blocks from Times Square.

• Friendly Staff!

We stayed at The Belvedere Hotel for four nights in May of 2004. The cost was around 200/ night. For that we got a bedroom with two twin beds, a bathroom, living room with a pull out king size bed, basic cable, small refrigerator. One down side was that we couldn't plug in too many things at once or we would blow a fuse! The staff was extremely friendly. We would start out our day about 7 and leave all excited and pumped up and then we would drag in around 11 at night barely making it through the front door and they would laugh at us! This hotel is located about 2 and half blocks from Grand Central Terminal which makes it a convenient location if you are taking the subway everywhere.

Directions: By Grand Central Terminal

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

In the heart of Broadway...

I stayed at the Belvedere Hotel, on the 48th St., very close to Times Square and the Theatre district in Broadway... the hotel was very nice - although the rooms were a bit small - and the location was wonderful.

I'm sorry I can't tell you how much I paid but I was travelling with a big group of students so we got a special rate (and then we were sharing the rooms, so there were 3-4 people in each of them!). But check out their web site, they have more info there.

Unique Quality: This is me in the Lobby of the hotel, after coming back from the Theater.

More about The Belvedere Hotel

great new york hotel

by kearkg about Belvedere Hotel Manhattan New York

new york city, being an expensive place to say, this was one of the cheapest 4 star hotels we could find. It is in a good location central to everything in new york city. very close to all the tourist attrations. the staff were very helpful, there is a concierge that can get you tickets to various sports games or broadway shows. the bell boys will call a taxi for you if you need it, this can be hard with nyc being so busy on the streets.

Historic mansion on th Hudson

by Ekahau about Belvedere Mansion

If you love to really live once in a while (splurge I mean ) and stay in a old Historic mansion than this is the place for you. You can stay in a real National Historic Landmark, the Belvedere Mansion with a history going back the earliest NY history. The Belvedere Mansion dates back to the 1760es but the history goes back even further to Pawling’s 1664 journey up the Hudson. The Belvedere is on over 20 aches and set into the Hudson with hiking trains and scenic views everywhere. It has the most elegant breakfast this Vter has ever had set in the poshest of dinning room.

One can stay in the basic carrage house rooms for as little as $105 the posh rooms in the Masion are as much as $275 on the other end of the scale.

Finest Accommodations Between St. Louis & Natchez

by deecat about The Southern Hotel, Ste Genevieve, Missouri

The old hotel's saloon now acts as a guest parlor. It still has the swining doors.

The innkeeper told us that in the 1820's, the Mississippi River was about four blocks away; the hotel hired a young slave to sit in the belvedere atop the house to watch for steamboats . If he saw one, he would run across the street to the stables & get a wagon to meet the hotel guests.[ I think that kind of information is priceless.]

The Southern Hotel fell into ruin in the mid-1980s; the grounds became a junk yard. I sure would not have guessed that by looking at this stately structure and yard now. The rooms have a combination of country Victorian furnishings & excellent folk art; there are only eight rooms.

The Japonisme Room, of course, has an oriental influence. The River Room has a headboard of "Old Man River" carved out of Missouri cedar logs by a local artist. Cabbage Rose is romantic and has a carved Victorian headboard, white lace, and elegant wallpaper. The Wysocki's Room has a most unusual bed with a 3-dimensional folk-art headboard that depicts a village.

We stayed in the Cabbage Rose room. (romantics at heart)
The location is perfect; within walking distance to everything. The "summer kitchen" behind the hotel has been restored into a craft boutique that features works of local artisans. Be sure to check it out...I think you'll enjoy it.

I was especially charmed by the wonderful gardens and the incredible food. The kitchen is decorated with handsome rosemaling (Scandinavian folk art).

The breakfast is truly gourmet. It might include strawberry soup, banana bisque, freshly baked croissants, fresh juices, chocolate-tinged coffee, various quiches...a delight, indeed.

All 8 rooms have private baths and air conditioning, which is needed in the humid summers.

Belvedere castleBelvedere castle

by samsam53

We are a group of women staying at the Belvedere for our visit; I would like to hear opinions about the Belvedere and also any other advice for a group of 11 women trying to see as much as possible in 5 days.

by zuriga

The Belvedere has always looked like a nice hotel to me from the outside - and it's a great location. I don't know what you're paying, but you'll probably do fine with this place. In five days, you can see a lot of NY. Plan what you'd like to do each day..and have a great time. The subways are safe and a great way to get around - also buses. New Yorkers are friendly for the most part - don't be afraid to ask a stranger for help in finding your way.

Re: Re: The Belvedere Hotel

by samsam53

Thanks so much. I have been once before and loved New York and New Yorkers. I've been reassuring the rest of the group that New Yorkers are friendly and helpful and that the subways are not dangerous.:) I'll pass your words on to them. thanks

by flyaround123

I stayed in the Belvedere before for business. I thought that considering the price (it was pretty economical, the deal my company had) it was quite good, considering its close to Port Authority for transit. Neat and tidy, room didn't smell, although it wasn't spotless.

by TempNomad

You'll have lots of fun! If you're willing to spend some cash, take the Big Red Bus around the city - if you're not, just hop on a few buses to see a roundabout tour and then pick and choose. The NYC pages here are fantastic, so definitely check them out. What sorts of things are you all into doing? Try for Shakespeare in the Park, Bryant Park on a Monday evening, Brooklyn's Prospect Park on the Weekends...these all have free and amazing arts and music.

Re: Re: The Belvedere Hotel

by samsam53

We're doing the 2 day Gray Line tour, several museums, standing in line for show tickets, going to try and hit a piano bar, Chumley's, Chinatown, etc. Your suggestion fo concerts, etc. sounds great. We'll be sure and try to attend at least one evening.
We've been thinking that New York was very, very hot and humid in August but on checking weather.com it seems to be much cooler than Kansas so we're pleased. Is mid 80's accurate?

Comments