The Bridge Suites

351 East 60th St., New York City, New York, 10022, United States
#660 of 761 hotels in New York City
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
cherish's Profile Photo

Sounds better than it looks

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 28, 2004

I was on an extended visit to New York (1 month) and thought that a full service apartment would be the best choice. After researching online, I chose bridge suites because the pictures on the website showed harwood floors and brick walls. It also showed a lovely patio and the neighborhood was in the uppereastside- it was near a lot of restaurants, the Food Emporium and just a few blocks from the subway near Bloomingdales.
Well, I knew it was a walk-up so that didn't bother me. But our studio was on top of a pizza place and it constantly smelled of food. The airconditioning wasn't working thought this was promptly replaced. It is right beside an upscale strip joint so and the noise from the bridge can be annoying.
The patio is lovely but thats about it. Th location is great though but even for the reasonable price, I know you can find something better.

Graceholondon Sep 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I am staying in this place right now. Whatever advertise in their internet, the facilities cannot honour. Let's talk about the good stuff first, it is pet friendly, and it is in a convenient location. Mid-town, and not too far away from the metro. The not so good points, I just raised the following issues with the management, and I will let you be the judge.

1. coin operated on site laundry facilities -- no such facilities existed according to the concierge, he plainly and simply told me to complain

2. there was not even a toaster in the kitchen (it stated in the website that there is one)

3. tableware -- the tableware provided are worse than in a student residence. There was only one bowl in the entire cabinet. There are only two tiny tea cups, one coffee mugs, and one beer mugs. Please........ (Although there is not specification on what is provided in terms of tableware, we have rented short term apartments all over the world, and this is not acceptable.)

4. The door knob on our door on the outside has fell off, and I push it back in......

5. Towels, there were only two small thin white towels in the apartment, there was not even a kitchen tea towel, or face towels or hand towels. My gym's towel is of better quality, they are like terry cloth towel. (the website say quality towels, though it did not specify what types of towels is going to be provided, once again, all the short term rental apartment provide better quality towel, and tea towel, hand towels and tea towel in the kitchen.)

6. Hair dryer -- it advertised in its website that it has a hair dryer, but there was none in the apartment.

After I sent off the email to the management, I had a quick response and stated that it will be resolved apart from Point 1, because the laundry facilities is being renoved.

I did not see any renovation activities but then I am looking forward to see if the rest would be resolved. The response was rather fast, a handy man came about an hour later and brought along two glasses, two coffee mugs, two bowls and one hair dryer and two towels. Got my door handle fixed. I also had a new hair dryer, new toaster and some new tableware.

However, the air-conditioner is old and noisy, right next to the bed, either you sleep without turning it on or you had a train engine rambling next to your ear. The place was not clean. When I complained that I saw a small mice and there was a crackroach that comes out from the drain in the bathtub in the morning. The manager tried to send a handy man to the apartment, which I did not understand, as he is not a pest terminator.

I thin anyone can do better to rent somewhere else.

1 Photo of The Bridge Suites

New York City Travel Forum

Need advice about New York City, New York State? Visit the Travel Forum for New York City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest New York City hotel reviews