346 W. 46th Street, New York City, New York, 10036, United States

Booking.com Priceline.com

• blusky's Profile Photo

If I get a chance I'll definitelly return!

The location is great, some 5 minutes fom Time Square and is situated in the street called "Restaurant Row", which I guess says it all :)
    The furinture is new, clean and the bed is so cosy, which is definitely important if you're walking whole day long and get back to hotel tired :)
    Breakfast isn't the richest one, but it is included in the price and it gives you possibility of fresh fruit, milk and cereals to start your day with energy :)
    You have possibility to store things in the fridge and cook if you like too.
    The staff was friendly.
    I would definitely recommend it.

Directions: near Times Square

More about The French Quarters Guest Apartments

Awesome experience - our new New York favorite hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member PharmarRoadWarrior

I travel to NYC quite frequently on business and pleasure and have stayed at most hotels in Time Sq area...on a last minute trip with the family I scoured the internet for hotel s- many of which were sold out and while I was skeptical of the name...The French Quarter Guest Apartments...was an incredible surprise - fantastic rooms - bigger than NYC average and well decorated. Location was terrific (2 blocks from Broadway/Marriott Marquis)...the staff was overly friendly and helpful...the restaurant offered great food and a cool atmosphere. Great value and experience.

The Real Skinny! Your Research is Done!

by TripAdvisor Member a-firenze

HIDDEN GEM!

Preface: World traveler visiting NYC several times and staying at both larger high end hotels and smaller boutique hotels. I stayed at FQ July 15-20, 2009. Here is the bottom line.

THE GOOD STUFF

Charming, European"esque" structure and inviting. Both long term (monthly) and short term (daily) rental. What you see is what you get. Yes the photos are in fact the same as the room you will get. Beautiful large rooms decorated in French Orleans style. Elegant. Very Clean. Looks like a brand new room! Awesome shower, chic bathroom. Mini Kitchen, Fridge. Super comfortable beds. Free wireless access. Flat screen TV. Very Quiet on my floor which was the second one above the restaurant (not sure how the first floor would be on the noise level). Terrace seating for breakfast (included, see below), European Style. Location, location, location!!! Address on Restaurant Row. 5 minutes on foot to the heart of Times Square. 5 minutes to Subway. Personalized service is warm, accommodating, friendly, and informative-not obtrusive but a little inefficient (see below). Newsletter under your door announcing not so touristy local events along with special museum pricing days, daily. And to top it off a personally handwritten note from management, thanking me for my stay and sent to my home address a month later. VALUE at $179 for two doubles p/n (currently showing $249 p.n for same room)

THE NOT SO GOOD STUFF

OK. So honestly, this is nitpicking, really. But again-the real skinny. Mini Kitchen has little to no supplies. Only standard water, wine glasses and coffee cups. Not enough regular coffee supplies. One or two little Keurig K-cups is hardly enough for two people. Overabundance of teas (this ain't London). Housekeeping inconsistent with replacing the few items we had. Need soap dish or small shelf for items on/above sink-irritating that there is no where to set your kit down. IRONS. Stock one per each room please. Waited forever for an iron that the staff could not locate as it was in someone Else's room and the guest were away for the evening. The dress never got ironed. (note: staff really did try hard and apologized profusely). Short list of available TV programming. Not that it matters much in NY. Breakfast-skip it! Hours are too early or too limited for tourist not on business and only high carb sweets to offer. Cream cheese and no bagels...hmm. What's the point. So basically no protein whatsoever. No real view. If you want to be obscure, this may not be the place for you as the staff sees all comings and goings and the place in a small boutique. VALUE. The price point of $179 or even $199 p/n represented a clear value with so many benefits. With great reviews, guaranteed to book the place out every night. But at $249, I know there are several comparables in that price range. Destined to become just another, if that keeps up.

The Short of it:

The FQ is a great place to stay. I'm not sure, but I believe that its a fairly new place and feel that they are still working out some of the quirks. It's clear that they are striving hard to provide a great experience. I did not voice any of the "not so good stuff" to management as it really wasn't a big deal to me (except for the iron). I'm positive they would have accommodated me. You almost can't go wrong here and hopefully, management will see fit to stock a few items if they read these postings. If price remains the bonus factor, I wouldn't even bother to look elsewhere. Other than that, have fun in Manhattan!

Many kind thank-yous to Colin and staff for providing such a quaint environment and wonderful experience!

WOW!!! What a wonderful place to stay!!!

by TripAdvisor Member jct313

So, I made the reservation to stay at The French Quarters based on the reviews I saw here and WOW!!! What a spectacular, elegant, gorgeous, charming, beautiful, quaint, etc, etc, etc...place. I suprised my wife on her birthday with tickets to see The Lion King (which is only a block away).

Like all the previous reviewer...great location, beautifully decorated, very responsive staff, quiet, clean, and OH YEAH!!! VERY COMFORTABLE beds and linens. What you see is what you get...pictures are very accurate.

Going to recommend this gem to family and friends that are looking to stay in NYC.

Also, going to try and post some pictures that we took of The French Quarters.

Very small rooms even for NYC standards

by TripAdvisor Member packetandreadytogo

Arrived at the hotel in the evening (about 9pm) there wasn't a person there to great us upon arriving. Waited about 15 minutes for the girl to show up and check us in. Room key did not work at first had to have the redone. We were is a room on the street side and the garbage trucks start picking up about 5am, I think I counted at least 4 of them going down the street stopping ever 10 feet to lift a can full of what sounded like bottles from the bars below. The saving grace of the room was the nice bathroom and cleanliness of the rooms. I would not stay there due to the inability to sleep past 5am.

Comfort, simple elegance, old world, bargain

by TripAdvisor Member Aussiedogz

I stayed in the city at the last minute and got a double room at wht I tghought was a good price, then was upgraded to a King. Great sheets towels and comforters. My room was in the back and completely quiet but I can imagine the restaurant deck could provide some noise. Had a nice breakfast included and was back to work.

the room had a small kitchen with a cooktop and a refrigerator. This was definitely NOT SMALL even by NY standards (i.e. The Hudson)

I think this hotels is terrific Bargain.

Comfortable city stay with a dash of style

by TripAdvisor Member Alex_Bell

Fantastic location, close to Times Square and lots of restaurants. Easy access to sub way and downtown. 10 mins walk to Top of the Rock for fantastic views of the city. Staff very friendly and helpful. The whole hotel is stylishly decorated and our bed was very comfortable. We would recommend this hotel for a good value stay in New York.

THE best hotel in NY with superior personnel

by TripAdvisor Member AnnaV_4

My 8 day stay started out as business, and my family joined me for the last 5 days. Collin, John and the entire staff greeted us with warmth and steered us to the BEST restaurants, sites and plays. The rooms were unbelievably large, with OH so comfortable beds, and a kitchenette (who would have thunk it!). I can't wait to come back.

This place was Great!

by TripAdvisor Member JennyAB

We loved staying here. The location was great, right around the corner from Times Square. (But quiet in the rooms.) The room was nice (and big by NYC standards). It's so convenient to have a fridge (and mini kitchen) in your room. Cool flat-screen TV. Any request we had was met by the very friendly and accommodating staff, including many requests for directions. We had cereal, danishes, and fruit for breakfast every morning for free.
You can tell it's new. The bathrooms are gorgeous in black and white tile. Just like the website photos.
On top of everything the price was really reasonable!
I want to stay here every time I come to New York!

Excellent hotel , great location , awesome beds

by TripAdvisor Member CM_1972

Stayed here from september 7 to 10 and really enjoyed our time at the hotel .
The rooms are very well appointed , with a flat screen HD TV and also a handy kitchenette with a coffee maker . The alarm clock radio with ipod dock was very handy too for charging the ipod .
The bathroom was of a good size , no bath though , which may be of a concern for some .
Free wifi (which i found worked best on the terrace) and free local phone calls also came in handy .
The bed was incredible . Seriously the most comfortable bed i've ever slept in . Just awesome .
It was also quite a nice touch from the manager , Colin , to seek us out personally to ask if we enjoyed our stay and to see if we had any complaints or criticisms .
The location is fantastic . 2 blocks west of times square . Close enough to be in the action and far enough away to not hear the noise . Broadway Theatres literally at your door step as well as all of Restaurant Row's finest dining options .
Subway also only two blocks south on 8th ave .
My only advice would be to request a room away from the elevator , simply because the ringing of the bell when the elevator stops at each floor is quite loud .
All in all , we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay there again and will/have recommended it to friends .

Comments