151 West 54th Street, New York City, New York, 10019, United States

LondonNYC.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• nomadig's Profile Photo

Sweet suite dreams

The London NYC has the best location for a hotel in Manhattan. Only few blocks to Fifth Avenue, Central Park and Times Square. The nearest metro station is just around the corner and taxis are plentiful.

The hotel is all-suite hotel, so every room has at least one bedroom and also a living room. Our room had a decent walk-in closet and a biggish bathroom. The bed is big and comfortable while being still firm enough not to drown into. The amenities are top-notch and the decor extremely nice -- not too traditional, but not also too designed (as things look cold or feel cumbersome after too much of spit and polish design-wise).

The service was very friendly faultless except they removed all drinking glasses from the room every time they made it. Weird, huh?

The hotel restaurant is part of Gordon Ramsay's emporium and looks decent. And is surprisingly inexpensive. Alas, we didn't visit there, so cannot say much more than that. Menu looked super-delicious.

The location, room size and service has its price. Hefty. We were lucky to have a good deal from hotels website, but prepare to pay about $600 per night plus taxes in the basic room (suite).

More about The London NYC

Great Hotel, Impeccable Service at the London NYC

by TripAdvisor Member WrldTravler

I booked two nights at the London NYC for my 7th Anniversary. We initially were put into a room that smelled smoky and as we are non-smokers, we requested a different room. We were put into a suite on one of the top floors. The regular room was beautiful, modern and spacious; but the suite was fabulous. Very large rooms, amazingly clean and the bed was quite comfortable. The staff was very attentive. The location was superb. We enjoyed our stay and highly recommend the hotel to others. We have travelled the world and have stayed in many hotels -- this rates up at the top of our list for the price and location. We will definitely stay there again in the future when we want a quick get-away to NYC!

Ice Queen Barbie decor (and comfort level)

by TripAdvisor Member FloorThirteen

By all means, stay here at the London NYC if you always wanted to see what it was like to live in "Ice Queen Barbie's Dream House" circa 1962. A ghastly light blue striped settee dominated my room's "seating" area (and proved even less comfortable than you might expect life-size dollhouse furniture to be). At least it was an eye-opener after the depressing gloom of the hallway. The annoyingly inadequate lighting level continued in the sleeping area. I guess Barbie never did much reading in bed.

On the other hand, don't stay here at the London NYC if you think that hotel bathrooms should have doors and be a bit luxurious. (To be fair, there is a sliding modesty panel that can almost cover the whole doorway.) The bathroom decor is spartan ice white and gray tile and glass. Little thought was given to guest convenience. The bizarre shower stall (6 feet long and 2 feet wide with individual shower heads at each end -- no you can't use both at once) evokes institutional locker room more than it does romantic rendezvous. The lack of towel bars means you have to put your bath towel on the floor outside the stall to be able to reach it when you need it .

I won't be returning.

Perfect Getaway Weekend

by TripAdvisor Member CMG54

I made a recent trip to NYC and chose to stay at the London NYC after hearing about it from friends. I can honestly say the hotel and staff exceeded my expectations. From the minute I walked in, I felt welcomed and pampered. Lazaro at the front desk never failed to greet me by name whenever I saw him. The concierge was very helpful in booking my in-room massages at the times I wanted. Room service was fabulous and showed up exactly at the time promised. I had a lovely suite on the 36th floor. The newly remodeled decor was so restful -- clean, simple lines and I was not subjected to someone else's taste in art. It was a memorable hotel experience and I will definitely be returning.

Style, Comfort & Location

by TripAdvisor Member passporttotravel

My recent stay at The London NYC was overall a great experience. I will say that the attitude of the concierge was not pleasant & front door service was slow, but the rest of the staff from the front desk, room service, housekeeping and the restaurant were friendly, attentive and professional.

The rooms are large & beautifully appointed. From the choice of furnishings to the linens and flat screen TV's (2), nothing was less than perfect. (the couch is very firm but looks great). I enjoyed the large umbrella available for my use as well at the fluffy bathrobe, slippers and great toiletries.

Room service was prompt, the eggs bene was a bit overcooked but the fruit was fresh & sweet; the coffee was good & strong.

I enjoyed high tea in the bar area during a rainy afternoon and was delighted with the selection and service.

Afternoon cocktails at the bar were expensive, but in line with a NYC bar. The bartender offered great suggestions and service in a fun, lively atmosphere.

Radio City, Carnegie Deli, MOMA & great shopping all in walking distance. Cabs were slow at the front of the hotel, but easy to catch with a short walk to the street corners.

I prefer a smaller boutique hotel or something with more old world charm (modern is not my personal style) but I did find this hotel to be welcoming and warm with an excellent location.

Will stay again.

Phenomenal Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Brieri

Normally, I do not write reviews as my busy life allows very little time to do so. However, I felt compelled to share our pleasant experience with others.

Our stay at The London NYC was nothing less than excellent from the time we arrived until the time we left.

Bellmen were readily available when we drove up and the check-in process was prompt and friendly. We arrived earlier than we expected and were quite pleased that our room was awaiting us at 9:30AM.

There was no shortage of staff and they couldn't have been friendlier or more courteous. It wasn't unusual to be greeted by 7-8 (or more) staff members while making our way from the front lobby to our room. Our room attendants were very nice and accomodating. It is quite unusual to experience "southern-style" friendlieness in NYC. A big thumbs up to management!!!

As for the room itself, I cannot say enough about it. It was very clean - which is very important to me. The look was very modernly unique and spacious. The bathroom was impressive (and again, very clean) with an over-sized spa-like shower offering various showerheads and sprays. The slippers and robes were a nice added touch. The bedroom had beautiful french doors to separate it from the main room. The bed was very comfortable. There were 2 tv's with optional head sets. Our favorite features included the powered curtains and sheers that open and close via wall switch as well as the sofa table that lifts electronically and becomes a dining table. We felt like we were spending 2 nights in a "room of the future"!!

Because we were in the city to attend a family event, we did not have the opportunity to dine at the hotel's restaurant, Gordon Ramsay, which is known to be fabulous. We did, however, have a cocktail in The London Bar and the ambiance was quite pleasant.

The hotel is located in a superb area of Manhattan, just a few blocks from Central Park and very close to Broadway and 5th Avenue, making it convenient to most everything the city has to offer. We were able to walk everywhere we went.

The only downside to our stay at The London NYC is that we have been spoiled with a phenomenal hotel which will likely make our stay at other hotels disappointing.

Good new hotel with slight issues

by TripAdvisor Member mskudzu

I stayed for a week at the London NYC and liked the location, the rooms were brand new and very large and nice for NYC. I stayed in both the lower floor and higher floor rooms. Although the high floor room/suite had a good view of the city, bridges and a bit of the park I prefered the lower floor room. It was more cozy and had a better feel. I wish I had stayed there the whole time. The rooms were clean and nice and very easy to live in. The beds were good and the linens were fine. The bathrooms were good also. The safe needed new batteries which took two phone calls,
the electrical outlets in both bathrooms did not work. The room service was AMAZING. The chef is fantastic, Gordon Ramsey, and everything we had was devine. I did have one major problem though. I stayed on the 54th floor and got on the elevator to leave for the evening with my son. We pressed the lobby button and started to descend. The lift then stopped suddenly, shot up and then began to fall. We free fell and heard bending, moaning and groaning metal hitting together and we thought we were going to die. My son looked at me and said "I love you Mom." I threw myself forward and hit the emergency stop button and the alarm. Security came over the loud speaker and said"I have you", were bringing you down. Not a good start to our evening. I was traumatized and broke down each time I had to get back on the elevators in the building. I was glad to leave. The management credited one night stay for our trouble.
My Father called the hotel to find out what happened and the concierge told him that I was upset because I was running late and the elevator stopped to often. He LIED. I was told it had been serviced and put into use that same day we fell. The management closed the elevator for inspection/repair. Let them work out the bugs before staying here. It will be a great value at that point.

Nice Large Suites, but...

by TripAdvisor Member karl_H11

i was initially very pleased with the hotel when we arrived @ The London NYC. However, the street isn't the prettiest, nor is the surrounding area. On the flip side, it's centrally located to everything I needed: The Met, Ed Sullivan Theater, MoMa, shopping, etc. Also the rooms are large (all suites), clean and tastefully decorated with a contemporary and traditional flair. Our room was at least 725 square feet, had beautiful hardwood flooring installed in a haring bone pattern, Waterworks bathroom fixtures, glass mosaic tile walls in the bath, a 7' two person shower (with a rainhead shower, hand held and a standard shower head) white carrara marble bath vanity, mosaic tile bath floor and thirsty robes. Complimentary one day internet -- after that they charge 12.95/day, a well stocked mini-bar, two flat screed televisions with a nice lineup of free cable channels (HBO, etc), ipod hook-up for the alarm clock, plenty of storage for luggage, a decent view from our room on the 46th floor, drapes and sheers were controlled electronically, very comfy bedding (down comforter and pillows - synthetic pillows available on request if you're allergic as my wife and I are), desk with ample work space and speaker phones, a comfortable couch and leather rocking chair in the livingroom all of which made me quite happy. My only real complaints about the hotel itself was the noise. In my opinion, they didn't insulate for sound very well during the renovation of the hotel. I could hear water rushing through the pipes when my neighbors were showering and every single time someone entered or left their room I could hear their front door slam shut. If the hotel can adjust the mechanism on doors it would keep down some of the noise. At this point, there's not a whole lot that can be done about the plumbing noise. I live in downtown Chicago so I am accustomed to quite a bit of noise. Perhaps it was the newness of the noise that bothered me. Nevertheless, if you are sensitive to these things keep it in mind and ask for a room where you will be farthest from neighboring rooms. Also, I think our room was close to an area where housekeeping may keep supplies. Each morning during our four day stay, I heard a door slamming shut, with regularity, between 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM. One more note of caution, I believe they are still renovating the hotel so you may hear some construction noise after 8:00 AM or 9:00 AM.
As for the staff, everyone was friendly and helpful. I didn't have a chance to have dinner at the restaurant, but I did have a drink and an appetizer. The BLT was tasty and the bar was quite busy for a Thursday around 11:00 PM. I don't know if I would repeat that meal as it cost me just under $50 (with tip) for a sandwich, drink and french fries, but I was too tired to seek out anything else. I'd consider staying here again, but for the money I would look at my options as well. The main reason being the noise issue. If that could be fixed, and the hotel maintains its current level of cleanliness, I wouldn't think twice about giving it another try.

Service, comfort, location, value

by TripAdvisor Member budJet_Set

Service: A+ Was greeted with a smiling assurance that an early check-in was no problem, gave me a suite with a beautiful view without having to ask--Lazaro was an excellent host offering a welcome worthy of the hotel's 4-star rating. Doormen gave me latitude, not attitude, when I chose to open the door myself--because sometimes, I just do. Cleaning staff went so far as to neaten the suite, rather than just clean it, (though they didn't notice we were missing an ice bucket and a 2nd pair of slippers). Turn down service, no chocolate :-( Room service prompt, food excellent, (lobster risotto, amazing creamed potatoes).

Comfort: A++ Suite 3501 is a NW corner unit with direct view of Central Park, (well, the west side of it anyway)--even a H River view, if you look in that direction. Suite was clean from top to bottom, bed was ULTRA comfy, bathroom very well-lit, modern and spacious enough, HOT water in seemingly endless supply in double shower, good hairdryer & towels and there is a door, (had read a review before I went that there wasn't one...)--a pseudo pocket-door that you could miss if you didn't look. Good digital safe, mini-bar w/Dean & Deluca wares! Indiv digital thermostats for each room. Very quiet, no noise whatsoever from adjacent suites.

Location: A+ Midtown location is convenient to several subway stations, E is just around the corner (takes you straight to JFK, total $7). Easy 5-10 min walk to Central Park, Lincoln Center, Broadway/Time Square, 5th Ave, etc. Petrossian for best pastries 7th&57/58th, (French breakfast $9.50 very good); quality florist SE corner 6th&56th.

Overall Value is definitely an A+. Best view/location/service I've had for the price of the room, under $350. Booked through SkyAuction.com.

P.S. Asia de Cuba (37th&Madison) was a true find on this trip--incredible calamari salad and bbq salmon. Not. To. Be. Missed.

Flying from UK

by jayhawk2000

A couple years ago I flew twice to Kansas City from Manchester England, both times paying about £330 return on expedia.co.uk

This time around tickets are more like £450 or even more (a LOT more sometimes) and I'm wondering if ticket prices in general have gone up a lot or if I'm just buying at the wrong time?

Also, I've always used expedia when booking my flights to America, should I be checking somewhere else? ta very much

RE: Flying from UK

by ellielou

You should look at smartertravel.com. also, try kayak.com, and look at the dreammaps on travelocity.com. also, look into iceland air. it shouldn't be that expensive, esp. if you're thinking of going Oct. to Dec, but not around Xmas.

You should probably also check the travel deals on VT!

Also, have you considered not flying directly to KC, but instead to NYC or DC and taking a domestic flight once you get to US?

RE: Flying from UK

by yooperprof

I do think that trans-Atlantic fares are consistently higher this year than in past years. When you think that the price oil is now over $65 a barrel, it makes some sense. It's true that there are some very attractive fares in the busiest markets like London-NYC, but once you get away from the biggest cities, it's harder than last year to find real bargains.

RE: RE: Flying from UK

by jayhawk2000

I've always been happy with the through flights deals Expedia has found for me, plus it's good for finding convenient connections, but with no frills flying really taking hold I may track down a good domestic deal.

In my years of flying back and forth I've decided Chicago is the best point of entry for me. Flying to New York may be the cheapest, but it's only halfway! And the flights to Atlanta and Houston are interminable, with long connecting flights too.

I've heard a lot about fuel surcharges, security taxes and other wheezes being brought on lately, plus the dollar has been wobbly. But flights at the exact times of year as last time are running about $200 more! Thanks for the links though, I shall keep looking. Iceland, here we come? ;)

RE: RE: Flying from UK

by ellielou

I adore Iceland Air (nice flight attendants, better than average meals, ontime service, and they fly direct from Balto so I don't have to travel to DC for a good flight) but since I've starting chasing down FF miles in ernest, I don't fly them (they don't parnter with any airline....what a bummer!) And, the airport (where you'll have to change flights) in Rey is soooo Scandanivain chic.

good luck.
one thing that I do is to sign up for weekly offers from different airlines, and from smartertravel.com, so I know what's out there. also, sign up for travelzoo.com email alerts.

btw, I lived in KC for about 2 very happy years, and Lawrence, KS is great, too!

Comments