The Regency Hotel

Loews Regency Hotel
Expedia.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Wow

This hotel was very good and has the price tag to go with it.

I would recommend one of the suites for a small family. My guests and I ran about the suite laughing maniacally about how nice it was.

If you would want to impress someone this would be one of the places.

I stayed two nights. The first night the turn down service was not provided. The second night it was and the maid nearly scared the living daylights out of us.

Directions: At 61st st.

More about The Regency Hotel

Excellent Hotel

The Regency is an excellent hotel. After spending a few nights at the Westin Times Square, the Regency was quite refreshing. We spent two nights there on the 24th and 25th of August. We originally booked a standard king room with a courtyard view, (booked through the Loews Hotels website for $199.00 per night) however, upon arriving the front desk representative asked if we would like to upgrade free of charge to a luxury king room with a street view. The room was huge and had a small kitchenette, sitting area, table and chairs and a desk area. The bathroom had a TV and a phone! It was one of the nicest hotel rooms we had ever stayed in. The staff was excellent- the concierge even called the airline to confirm our flight beofer we left for the airport. The location is great- very relaxed neighborhood away from the hustle and bustle of the city, however, it is literally right around the corner from 5th and Madison Avenues. I highly recommend this hotel!

Service nightmare

Rented suite for 890 per night-because they allow pets, we had eye irritation from the room: requested one day laundry service and no laundry returned-called that night more than once, finally at 10pm someone told me I was not going to receive-I explained I was leaving in morning-they said they would get back to me and they did not-then next day they said they sent out that morning to a dry cleaner and would not be back-spoke to manager and he assured he would fedex me clothes-clothes not yet returned-have called hotel-no one has returned my call!
Room service food not good
Most irritating is how they just don't handle any issue. I used to stay here regularly
No more

A wonderful Thanksgiving

Stayed at the Regency for 5 nights over Thanksgiving weekend. Had a lovely, large room, well designed and well maintained. Excellent service all around; the maid left us a hand written Thanksgiving note, housekeeping was quick with requests, and the concierge was very helpful in arranging theatre tickets and restaurant reservations. I thought the room service food was delicious, but I would note that service was slow (the hotel seemed very full over the holiday). A great location for walking everywhere. I left some personal items in the room, and realized it while at JFK waiting for my flight. I called and spoke to housekeeping and they sent someone right away to our room; the items were received by FedEx two days later. Would happily stay here again.

Very Pleasant Stay

by TripAdvisor Member wayfield

My husband and I stayed at the Regency Dec 1 through 3, 2004. Our room was very nice and the staff could not have been more accomodating. We usually stay on the west side but found that this location was very convenient. We would stay here again.

Could do with a make-over!

by TripAdvisor Member steely

For my daughters 18th, I thought a trip to New York and to top it all we would stay in a lovely hotel. I chose the Regency, Not a good move! First impression the lobby small and to be honest I thought a little glumy. Our room was dreadful it even had a disabled shower in it and a court yard view. (I was led to believe LUXURY KING was with street views). The room was not going to have our company that night so I asked for a new room. I was told the hotel was full, but I persisted and was offered another. This was an improvement but the carpet had some very bad stains and a tiny bathroom, it just looked dark and tied. The manageress (she was very sweet) and I think she knew the room was not up to scratch said she would try to find a better room for us the next day. 15 minuets later she did! So much for the hotel being full). This room was the same as the last minus the stained carpet! We had a so called kitchen only it had nothing in it except a sink, fridge 2 tea towels. no cutlery crockery not even a kettle. My other complaint was the absence of a coffee machine, surely New York 4*+ hotels can afford to offer their guests a warming beaverage after a long day out without paying after all there is no breakfast unlike most european hotels that cost the same. Overall we loved New York but not The Regency. Most of all I am upset because I told my daughter she was going to a posh hotel and I knew by her face she was disappointed. Did I also mention the carpets in all needed a good clean and the painted work brightening up.

Decent, but not great

by TripAdvisor Member JPang

Got a luxury king room with Park Ave view. The lobby was nice and intimate but the elevators were very dark and unpleasant. Staff, in general, was hospitable, particularly the housekeepers. The room was quite spacious, but i would agree with others that the bathroom was a bit too small for a luxury property. Not a stylish venue, but the location is superb. Generally speaking, average experience and value.

Wonderful as usual at the Regency

We are frequent visitors to New York City and like to stay in modern, luxury hotels that are in nice, convenient locations. Often we travel with our 14 year old daughter and our beloved 4 year old terrier, so we are looking for places that are welcoming to kids and dogs! The Regency fits the bill on all counts.

Our last visit was over the Christmas holiday. We arrived on Christmas eve and stayed for three nights. We had a deluxe luxury king which turned out to be one of the largest rooms I have ever stayed in in the city. The furnishings were tasteful and classically modern, sophisticated but not cold. There were plenty of places to store clothes (and we travel with a lot), books, etc. The room had a large desk, table and small banquette, and in another area, a comfortable chair with a great reading lamp.
The bathroom was not particularly large, but well appointed with plenty of counter space. It also contained a large tub and separate shower stall with European fixtures - great for us since by husband likes to bathe and I shower.
Although quite full, the hotel staff couldn't have been nicer, although the service was a bit slow in the smaller library like cafe where we ate breakfast.
There is also a great fitness facility at the hotel, free to guests. If that is important to you, than this one does a good job of providing many extras (yoga mats, fitness balls, etc.) that you don't get in all hotels.
We have stayed here a number of times and will definitely return again.

loved the regency

by TripAdvisor Member lili63

this hotel is perfect. the rooms are clean , well furnished , but not extravaganza; just right.In the bathroom, there is a bath and a big showerseparate .The bed is a dream.the staff is efficient and friendly.The room service is quick, and the food is fresh,and excellent.In this hotel the atmosphere is joyful and jazzy.

the best so far

weve stayed in new york five times and so far this has been the best hotel yet. Staff are very friendly and curtious. Room service very good, clean and tidy and nice spacious rooms. would definately go back again

Comments