2 West Street, New York City, New York, 10004, United States
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park

Ritz-Carlton, Battery Park, NYC - PERFECT!

My new husband and I just returned from spending our honeymoon in New York City, where we stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Battery Park. The staff at this hotel were absolutely perfect from the moment we arrived until we left. One doorman would even remember our names and welcome us back when we would come back from a day in the city! Champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries were in our room the first afternoon we were there. The room was gorgeous, and they would provide us with slippers during our turn-down service. We had a beautiful view of the statue of liberty, and ordered room service one night with the harbor as our backdrop! My husband got the steak, which he said was the best he'd ever tasted! We were so spoiled and hopefully will be able to return at some point and stay again. I would definitely recommend them. Whenever we said "thank you," they always said "My pleasure." It really felt that way!

Views of New York

by iam1wthee

Robert F. Wagner Park- take R,W trains to Whitehall Street -free rooftop restaurant $15-$21
Rector Esplanade -take the 1 to Rector street then walk east -free
Staten Island Ferry -take 1 train to the last stop; cruise to Staten Island -its free
Astoria Park in Queens -take N train to Astoria Blvd -its free
Brooklyn promenade -take 2/3 train to Clark Street exit Henry St walk down hill -its free
Brooklyn Bridge - take trains 4,5, 6 to Brooklyn Bridge -its free
Brooklyn Bridge Park - take water taxi to fulton ferry landing -its free
Empire Fulton Ferry Park -take F train to York St -its free
South Street Seaport -take 2,3 to Fulton -its free
Roosevelt Island tram -N,R,4,5,6 train to 59th street -$2 +.25 cents for minibus
docks of Jersey City -take NJ Path train to Newport Pavonia Mall station -$1.75
NY waterway taxis -go around NY boroughs and NJ and give tours -$20-$25
NYC Ducks tour -from greyline -$19
Rockefeller Center -Top of the Rock -take B,D,Q,F to 47th St 50th $20
Empire State building -take B,D,F,N,R,Q train to 34th st $18.46
Terrace in the Sky- restaurant -price varies
Circle Line -take 2,3 train to Fulton St; cruise around manhattan -$16-$31
Liberty Lines -take 1,9 train to last stop; it takes you to liberty state park -$27

Remember the NYC subway train is $2

I have never been to a rooftop bar but we do have them and they offer nice views.

never stayed in a New York hotel since I live here; but you do have hotels with views
Essex House, Plaza Hotel, Millenium Hilton, Ritz Carlton Battery Park, NY Helmsley hotel

Luxury

We spent three nights here and can only rave about the place. The bed was divine, the bathroom was the size of an average hotel room with separate shower and bath tub. Didn't have time for the bath butler but did enjoy drinks in the Rise Bar at Sunset. Well worth the money.

Simply the Best

My husband and I have just returned from three days in Manhattan staying at the Ritz Carlton. We've been to NYC many times but this is the best hotel we've ever stayed in. The staff were friendly and helpful and our room was beautiful. We won't be staying anywhere else in New York. Can't wait to return.

Perfect Place to Stay in NYC

by TripAdvisor Member beadgirl32

Just returned from a long weekend in NYC at the Ritz at Battery Park. This was the best hotel I have stayed at in the city. We upgraded to the club floor upon arrival and had a beautiful room. It was wonderful to have the food presentations, unlimited beverages, DVD rentals and in-room telescope with a great harbor view! Location was great -- near the subay if we wanted to go uptown in the maddness and the retreat of Battery Park when we needed peace and quiet. Service was the best we have ever had -- especially Rory in the Club Lounge. She took care of our every need -- from extra cookies to a custom list of the best Soho shopping places. The last night of our stay we ordered pizza and ate it in the park -- listening to live music with an amazing view of the Statue of Liberty! Well worth the extra money.

Good hotel. Decent location, but 5 stars?

by TripAdvisor Member deanmac

We arrived on May 28th and checked into our standard room, booked though expedia with of their "special" rates.

We *didn't* get the FAO Schwarz bear as part of the Ritz-Kids club, as our booking didn't qualify for this. No-one told us this when we booked. No big deal really, but it's something you may wish to bear in mind (no pun intended) when opting for a cheap rate, especially if you've already told the kids they're getting one!

After opening the curtains in our 4th floor room we were greeted by some very nice road maintenance works. Noisy during the day, but no complaints in the evening. My advice would be to ask for a room as high up as possible, but that's good advice for anywhere in Manhattan, but just here :-)

Seeing all the reviews posted about this hotel regarding upgraded rooms, I thought I'd give it a try. No joy. I phoned reception to ask about a room upgrade. I was on hold for 10 minutes before giving up. Not very professional.

The 2nd time I called, the girl on reception told me that they didn't have any available at the time, but not to worry, she would get back to me and let me know. Needless to say, she never did. Not that I expected her to.

I'm not sure why everyone is raving so wildly about this hotel. I've stayed in a few 5 star hotels over the years, and this one isn't anything spectacular. Personally, I'd give it 4 stars, not 5. This isn't really for any negative issues or problems with the hotel, because there really isn't anything wrong with it. It's just that it really isn't that special...

Can only agree with everyone else

Just returned from a 2 night stay--truly a fine hotel. Service was outstanding from the moment we arrived. It was my husband's special birthday and I had mentioned this on the reservation request. He was treated royally--personal greetings, champagne and cake!

The only slight flaw was with one of the concierges who did not appear to know about the water taxi service. But this was minor compared to everything else.

Uncaring and disorganized service

I stayed at the hotel fora business trip. The welcoming was great, but it went downhill from there...

My breakfast in the morning arrived 20 min late TWICE when i had meetings and really couldnt be late. IN ROOM dining was a disaster in general, the selection is limited, they wouldnt return calls, would nt bring any extras asked for.

They didnt transfer calls ( i was told from the office) that should have made it to my room. I was carrying documents, bags, suitcase and they didnt open the door several times. They just stared

THe doorman was not from NY so anytime you asked him for anything, he replied that very fact...

I needed a cab since the hotel is far from everything it seems, and the valet was rude, and said i would have to wait for a while in a very unpleasant and caring manner.

I ve stayed at several ritz carltons worldwide, and especially when i travel for business, i dont want to think about all these problems

Dont pay up for such bad service, the rooms are nice, but it s not worth it

Wonderful!!!!

This hotel was excellent in every way possible. The staff was very helpful and very kind. I also loved the location, the view of the Hudson River was breathtaking. Subways are also very easy to get to (about a 3 min. walk). When I come back to NY I will surely stay at this hotel again.

New York - the city that never sleeps

by Diancik

"Manhattan"

I took a walk on Broadway, 5th Avenue, Madison Avenue and other nice areas.

We've crossed Bronx..which is totally different than Manhattan..

Well, Manhattan is really a mix of well dressed, stylish people, I haven't seen any fat men or women, all in good shape and good looking.
The skyskrapers ...speak for themselves.. At first when we arrived... I was totally lost, it was a huge change after the clam and friendly Boston ( which I still like more than NY). All the crowds, people moving, noise, there'w always something happening in NY.

"Battery Park - New York"

So, the first day was fully dedicated to sightseeing ... and we managed to see all the main attractions of NY.
All of them are stored in memory and pictures...
The statue of Liberty ... Hm... propbably the view of Manhattan from the water seems better ... but's it's NY symbol, so, we had to see it ;)
Ground Zero - former WTC - that's a sad view....
Broadway is the street that crosses Manhattan from Battery Park ( leading to the Liberty Statue) to the very heart of it. It separates the small quartiers of the city - China Town ( all the advertisments are in chinese, u can find buildings in chinese traditional style), little Italy ( which is like a very small, narrow street, filled with "italian" restaurants run by "italian" NY mafia guys with european staff (waiters) and chinese cooks :) The food pretends to be italian traditional....

"Emprire State Building - 75th Anniversary"

5 th avenue ... that's the street that breathes with fashion ... U can smell it in the air :)
The squares ( Madison, Union, Washington) are places where usually events take place. I managed to catch a indian traditional celebration with hundreds of indians wearing traditional clothes and sharing food to the passengers.

We caught a riot of angry people that were protesting against Bush ...

In the evening we went to a cocktail bar in the heart of Manhattan .. and the coktails costed us 4$ :)) That was cheaper than any place i know so far :)

NY was special ... a city always on the run, u have to move fast to follows its pulse!
I enjoyed it and I would definetelly like to get there one day :)

Battery Park, New YorkBattery Park, New York

Battery Park - New YorkBattery Park - New York

Away from Times Square...

by cavila04

Good moderately priced hotel away from the tourists?
I'm thinking that it would be nice to stay in the upper side of Manhattan...away from the over-priced, touristy areas, yet close enough to the sites.
Suggestions?

Planning a trip in late March to NYC...been reading the great tips!!! I love this site...I am working a lot, so I don't have as much time as I would like to post tips about my hometown, San Diego/Tijuana...but I will.
Feel free to e-mail me: cavila001@fastmail.fm if you are coming to Southern California.

Thanks!

by IndianaTina

Hey. I'm a 16-year NYC resident now also in Southern California.

There's a Comfort Inn, if you can believe it, on 71st St. just off Central Park West. It's very much like a European boutique hotel. I used to only pay $70 a night there, but I think it's been "found."

In the West Village/Chelsea (15th and 7th) there's The Chelsmore. It's furnished studio apartments (with full kitchen) for $90 a night. The furniture is pretty sucky, but the walls are thick so it's quiet and the staff is very friendly. Just don't get freaked out by the beat-up lobby. I had my Indiana-living parents stay there, and they liked it fine.

Best of luck.

Craig

by nyc10025

Look at the Hotel Newton at Broadway and 94 Street:

by keithmcg

You can also stay in the lower Manhattan area. Most of the tourists stay uptown.

Some of the hotels in the area are:

Marriott Financial Center

Embassy suites (Battery Park)

Ritz Carlton (Battery Park)

Christmas in New York

by samkbarber

Hi we're coming over from England on the 22nd - 26th December and planning on staying in the Ritz-Carlton Battery Park. Firstly does anyone know anything about this hotel? It looks stunning but would be nice to know if anyone has been there!

And does anyone have any good recommendations of places to eat on christmas day? We'd prefer a traditional christmas lunch or dinner if possible!

by donato1899

I have never stayed at the Ritz at Battery Park, but we have stayed at many of Ritz properties and they are the top of the line. They are sort of grandmotherly in style, well rich grandmotherly.You can lok at tripadvisor.com for reviews.
We have eaten Thanksgiving dinner at the Ritz in Orlando(THE most important meal of the year in the USA) and it is very nice. I bet you won't go wrong eating at you hotel. They will have a concierge who will help you find a restaurant if you don't want to eat there.

by 10028

From what I hear, it's a beautiful hotel. I'd recommend it if you had a real reason to stay downtown. But since you're coming for such a short trip, I'd recommend staying in a more residential area, or even in midtown. Personally, I like the upper west side. Great shops and restaurants, very festive over the holidays, and easy transit access. Take a look at the Lucerne, Excelsior and On the Ave Hotels. Budget hotels in the area are the Beacon, Milburn, Belleclaire. Another mile up Broadway (still great neighborhood and good transit) is the Newton Hotel.

Or consider midtown. The area is so packed over the holidays -- you can wait five minutes just to cross a street -- but is popular for a reason. Budget hotels include the Salisbury, Belvedere, Radio City Apts. More expensive are Le Parker Meridien, NY Hilton, Blakely, Shoreham, Michelangelo (very nice!), Crowne Plaza, W Times Square, and about a zillion others.

Before you book, be sure to read the reviews on tripadvisor.com, where you can also view "candid travelers' photos" -- a great resource.

After our Thanksgiving holiday at the end of November, restaurants begin taking reservations for Christmas dinner. You can also check the archives of New York Magazine, another wonderful resource. Their web site is www.newyorkmetro.com. I don't know whether the River Cafe offers Christmas dinner, but it's the most beautiful special occasion restaurant. www.rivercafe.com

by Jontxu

If you have time you should try brunch at the Boathouse in central park, I was there last xmas and enjoyed a lot!
www.thecentralparkboathouse.com

by Canadiayorkian

The Boathouse In Central Park will have a Christmas Dinner $65/pp. Website is: www.thecentralparkboathose.com You cannot reserve via the site, but should give the menu soon. Like the name states: it is in the middle of the park great location for Christmas dinner in NYC!

Comments