The St. Regis, New York

Two East 55th Street, at Fifth Avenue, New York City, New York, 10022, United States

The St. Regis New York
Orbitz.com Priceline.com Booking.com

Costs 66% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• jeffjun's Profile Photo

New York's Best

If luxury is what you seek in a hotel, this is the place. This top level hotel (SPG category 6) offers top quality service including Maitre d'Etages (private butler service) to provide you the personal service at any hour. The hotel is also located in the center of Midtown Manhattan. It sits on 5th avenue near the Southeast corner of the Central Park.

It can be extremely expensive but I would definitely recommend it for a special night with that special someone.

Directions: Midtown Manhattan

• Kiwigirlie's Profile Photo

What a great Freebie!

This place was amazing. Fortunately I didn't have to pay as a friend was staying and I just sneaked in. His room was $700 a night and it had it's own butler, so you can imagine the rest! We happened to see U2 in the Bar as well so that was another bonus! Only stay here if your company is paying or if you are rich!!

Unique Quality: Very close to Fifth Avenue and Central Park.

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo

Not for tourists

This is a not-for-tourists accommodation tip. Unless you want to spend on hotel room more money than you earned in past year. ;-)
    Average room cost is over $400.

Unique Quality: This hotel is located in one of the most beautiful areas of New York City. The interior and exterior designs are amazing! You don't have to be hotel guest to have a couple of drinks at the bar.

Directions: at Fifth Avenue

More about The St. Regis, New York

Afternoon Tea at the St. Regis Hotel

by madamx

The St. Regis Hotel was built in 1904, and in my opinion outshines the Waldorf Astoria in beauty and opulence. What better way to enjoy how the other half lives by getting dressed up and spending a couple of hours chatting and sipping tea in their Astor Court? Tea is served daily from 2:00 to 4:00 pm, and a harpist plays for the afternoon. You can choose from a whole menu of teas -- try the spiced plum-- and there is a generous serving of scones, finger sandwiches, creme brulee and petit fours that arrive with a full silver tea service.

The St. Regis is known in New York as one of the best places to have afternoon tea, so take a break from pounding the pavement and give yourself a treat. Afternoon tea is approximately $39.00 US a person, but well worth the experience. You can also have champagne as well. They do insist that you make reservations.

Location: 2 55th St. at 5th Ave

Unparalleled elegance, comfort, and service!

My husband and I just spent 3 days at the St. Regis for our 5 year Anniversary and we were beyond impressed. From the moment we stepped in the door we were treated with the utmost respect and kindness. We were escorted to our room and introduced to our butler. The 24-hour butler service is extraordinary. They think of things you would never imagine. He brought us a dozen exquisite yellow roses with orange outer petals and a bottle of champagne, all complimentary. About 10 minutes later he then brought another dozen roses, this time longstem red roses, that my husband had ordered. The hotel has it's own florist and the roses were just beautiful. They were all perfectly open and looked like velvet. I even took them home with me so I can continue to enjoy them. The room was elegant but cozy and very well appointed. The location was a perfect home-base for all the sight-seeing we did and the concierge desk was most helpful for anything we needed.

The turndown service can't be beat. Slippers on either side of the bed (his and hers), bottles of mineral water, and fresh ice in the bucket. We came back to the hotel from seeing Spamalot (don't miss it if you get the chance!) and the butler brought us not only the ice we requested, but a huge tray of complimentary delicious pastries and desserts. Fresh fruit and chocolates in the room and a well-stocked bar were another plus. We had breakfast in the room one morning and the food was excellent, especially the pancakes. The staff was extremely pleasant and catered to our every whim as well as those things we would never think of but amazed us nonetheless. We even checked out and had them hold our luggage so we could continue sight-seeing on the last day. I can't say enough wonderful things about our experience there and will recommend the St. Regis to everyone I know. It is definitely a one-of-a-kind hotel and the staff will ensure you have an amazing experience. I can't wait to go back!

Absolute Perfection

Wow where to start?!!? I initially booked a Grand Deluxe room through the SPG Gold prefered guest line and recieved a very good rate at only $620 a night. After this I called the hotel to make arrangements for limo transfers. The concierge was extremely helpful and knowledgable and they provided competitive rates.
So after much anticipation I arrived at the St regis after a 12 hour flight
from Hawaii. As you can imagine jet lag was in tow. Anyway as soon as we entered the lobby we were greated by the lobby manager and escorted to the marble everywhere lobby where check in lasted not even 3 mins. We were then escorted to the 11th floor and to our surprise found out that because it was my sons birthday they had complimentarily upgraded us to a Madison Suite. ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT!!! it was huge about 1000 sq ft, large for manhattan standards. The foyer was tiled in italian marble and all of the walls were covered in sumptuous silk. the living room overlooked madison avenue and had a 50 inch plasms tv, as well as a very charming and luxurious seating area. The beds in the bedroom were to die for. see for yourselves at my pictures.
But the best part was the service. Our butler, Barbara, always greated us promptly when we called and with a pleasent smile. She gave us anything we wanted even help using our digital camera. the doormen were efficient with taxis and excorting us to the lobby. The maids, Sadika in particular, made us feel like this was our home. I left the St regis feeling like i was leaving some of my family behind. I still miss the staff and cant wait untill my next visit. I can hands down say that this is the best hotel i have ever stayed at. And believe me i have been to numerous 5 star hotels and this one beats them by far. Perfect stay!!

Pure elegance and attention to detail!

by TripAdvisor Member YoConn004

After having stayed at many of the finer hotels in NYC, the St. Regis was a welcomed surprise. Everything from the beautifully appointed suite, to the butler who seemed to guess our every whim, to the fabulous afternoon tea - this hotel was by far the most luxurious stay that I've had in the city. I can't say enough about it and can't wait to go back and be pampered again!

Luxury at the St. Regis

My husband and I stayed at the St. Regis for 1 night August 3-4,2005.
It was a special night to celebrate our birthdays. It was beautiful and we loved every minute of our stay. The staff was exceptional and the service superb. Our room was very beautiful in an elegant motif as befitting a 5 star hotel. The service was exemplary and rare to find these days.
The location on 5th avenue and 55th street was excellent for shopping, dining and the theater. Our breakfast was delicious and in lovely surroundings. An extraordinary treat if you desire something special is a stay at the St. Regis,

Luxury at the Reeg!

by TripAdvisor Member gorjush

For Valentine's Day last year, my boyfriend treated us to a night at the St. Regis, such a decadent thing for 2 New York locals! Maybe it was the amazing foie gras we had at dinner at the hotel restaurant, or maybe it was the fact that we were eating chocolates and sipping champagne in our giant comfy bed, but we had such a nice time. The rooms are super quiet, the hotel is convenient to all the shopping on 5th Ave, and the service is impeccable. We also enjoyed the gorgeous marble bathroom and sitting area in our room.

I also stayed here with my family when they came to visit me for Thanksgiving 2004. Again, the hotel staff was attentive w/o being obtrusive, and the environment was cheery and festive at this time of the year.

The only problem is that the views, if you are on the rear side of the building, aren't exactly appealing. Many of the rooms look at a back courtyard, so all you see is brick building.

Overall, I highly recommend this place; it's really a treat!

Going downhill

Just returned from a weekend trip to New York and stayed at the St Regis. This is our 8th stay at the hotel. We used to love this hotel, but after this last stay, we will not be going back. The butler did not come to introduce him/herself like usual. We had breakfast at the hotel's lobby restaurant and got very mediocre service (this has been a problem in the past which I wrote the hotel about. Apparently, they are not interested in doing anything about it). On our last night, the sink backed up and dirty water started filling the sink and bathtub. We called the front desk who sent the butler to our room. His first question was "What did you do ? This never happened before". I gave him a dirty look and just said I didn't do anything and I never took a bath in the tub, which is where some really disgusting stuff was coming up from the drain. After checking out, we were waiting outside for the cab and the porter went to get our bags (we brought them down from the room ourselves but left them with the porter as we walked across the street for about half hour before coming back for our bags). We stood waiting for over 20 minutes with no explanations of why it was taking so long. The service we got just did not live up to a hotel of this calibre. We had dinner at the Four Seasons Lobby restaurant and the service there put the St Regis to shame. I will avoid going back to this hotel in the future.

Maxfield Parrish Mural in the St. Regis HotelMaxfield Parrish Mural in the St. Regis Hotel

star spotting

by san012

just wanting to know where the stars hang out or the best places to spot them.are the clubs that they are always photographed at available to the public or only a list stars? would love to see some while we are in town in feb

RE: star spotting

by zuriga

The only way you'll probably see anyone famous is by just passing them by on the street. In many years of living in that area, I only saw a handful and that was by accident. If a star is appearing in a Broadway or other production, they will come out of the sidedoor afterwards and you can often get an autograph or photo that way.

RE: RE: star spotting

by madamx

You may see a movie set walking around the streets -- they were filming a movie by the St. Regis Hotel, and we did happen to see a pretty famous star. You are allowed to take pictures without a flash, but we didn't get to meet her; they whisked her away after the scene was done.

The stars are in the sky

by nygaston

I can met some stars in Upper East when I walk in the morning around Central Park and 79th, but it is easier when you are invited in a private party. They love the private parties !

Comments