The Time Hotel

Satisfaction Average

Costs 23% less but rated 13% lower than other 4 star hotels

• barcelonaplaya's Profile Photo

Good location, bad organisation

Well, we spent 11 nights in the Time Hotel in may 2007, so I may say that we had time to figure it out.
    The reception and organisation of this rather new hotel is far but American ... after check-in (the receptionist complaining of how much work they have - although we were the only ones checking in ..) they gave us a standard room (tiny!) although it was clearly marked that we had paid extra for a kingsize bed ...ok we call from the room to ask another room and to check our reservation - no worries, somebody will come up immediately ...so we waited for 20 minutes - nada. We go down to the desk, explain the problem again, ok so we have to go up to another floor and wait there. We do that, wait another 20 minutes, nobody shows up ... back to the reception ...until finally we got our key...
    The room is tiny but clean and modern. The windows open but the huge airconditioning machines on the roof of the building in front makes it impossible to enjoy fresh air (noise!).
    Defenitely not enough storage room for more than 1 small suitcase. Bed and bathroom are excellent.
    In the morning we went for breakfast in the hotelbar - not fresh and very amateur (apparently they were still constructing the real dining room..) we left asap to another place around the corner.
    What really surprised us about the management is the way they use the 2 (only 2) elevators for the whole hotel. All cleaning personnel, deliveries, garbage, towels and sheets will go up and down with the costumers. Therefor you often cannot enter the elevator full of bags, garbage, etc. and the waiting time is considerable.
    For a new hotel we found this a very strange organisation.

Unique Quality: The very best of this hotel :
    a) the location
    b) it is new and clean

Directions: Time Square

• morgane1692's Profile Photo

a very high coolness factor, here

If Derek Zoolander and Dieter from SNL's Sprockets needed a midtown hotel, this would be the one. Very hip and modern, from the 2nd floor reception area where the agents wear black t-shirts, to the chrome and mirrors everywhere. Then you arrive at your room. One of the primary colors, blue, yellow, or red, is the theme. I picked blue and you can see, the bed just screams cobalt. You can leave your shampoo and soaps at home, the bathroom here is well-stocked with everything you need. And then some: q-tips and magazines, too. The funky coffee maker has Wolfgang Puck coffee in stock, no generic stuff for you this time, yeayyy. The posted check-in time is 3p, but when I arrived at 1p, the front desk girl had a blue room ready but it was a smoking room, she warned. Hmmmm, I really wanted to check in, change clothes and head downtown with friends, so I gave it a shot. Eureka! They have a special air freshener program here, and I never even knew I was in anything but a non-smoking room. (Check all the discount hotel-booking websites for the best rates. I used Travelocity.)

Unique Quality: Well, the hotel faces W 49th Street, so there aren't any Central Park views. But I was on the 8th floor so I could get a peek at Broadway, just one block to the east. Not to mention, I was directly across the street from Chicago. ;-))) You're still in the heart of the theatre district here, but you don't have the hundreds of people jammed out on the sidewalks in front of your door with hawkers and musicians and screaming sirens that the Times Sq hotel residents do. Lucky you. Don't worry, you're a couple blocks away from the subway lines, giving you easy access to the rest of the City.

Directions: Just a block west of Broadway!

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Hotels. Style beyond me

The rooms here are done in a different color for each room. My sister had a red room. Too weird for me but to each their own. Such is the style of the new boutique type hotels that are springing up around the world and the city.

Unique Quality: The bar and lounge in this hotel is quite the good time and I highly recommend it to anyone whether you are staying at the hotel or not. I do and have frequented it for different periods of time.

Directions: 49th street and 8th ave

More about The Time Hotel

You can do better...

by TripAdvisor Member jimmypee

My wife and I spent 2 nights at The Time Hotel in NY in mid-December 2003. After booking a room with an automatic upgrade upon availability through the hotel's website, I was informed upon checkin that the hotel would not provide the upgrade I had requested. Furthermore, I was treated rudely by management when I asked for an explanation for refusing to provide the upgrade when I had paid an additional amount to book this option on the hotel's website. Needless to say, the superior room we ended up in was probably the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in. Maid service was erratic and it took three desperate calls in the morning in order to receive breakfast in the room that I had ordered. We also had a knock on the door early one morning asking us if we were using the shower as there was a leak in the room below. In short, there are much better hotels in NYC in terms of room q-- don't waste your time or your money at the Time Hotel!

Cubby Hole

My wife and I spent 8 nights at The Time Hotel. Being there that long, you would think they would give us a decent sized room. Instead, we were in a closet with a king size bed. It was the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in. Also, everytime we took a shower, the water went all over the bathroom floor. The shower door didn't close all the way.
We paid top dollar for this so called 5 star hotel but it fell far short of our expectations and we travel extensively. New York was fabulous! We are definitely returning but will stay somewhere other than The Time.

Lovely Bed and Breakfast in the heart of New York

by americanprincess about SoHo Bed and Breakfast

This wonderful Bed and Breakfast is located on Spring street in the trendiest area of New York:Soho! With manys shops,restaurants,and galleries all located in this area it is THE place to be and sure to delight first time New York visitors as well as those who have visited the city previously! The B&B offers one room at a time,on the 2nd floor with their own bathroom,which means guests will have their own floor of undisturbed privacy.Nightly rates are 125$ which is a steal considering all that the location has to offer. Breakfast is not included but coffee can be provided...all in all I reccomend it to all VT travellers!

Rat Hole

Just say NO! This is place is a joke. It seems that 3 people are employed here. They try to make things seem posh and trendy. As if that would in some way make up for: 1)filthy rooms, 2)air/heat thermostat seems to only be there for looks. It seemed as if there was one temperature that it stayed no matter what setting, 3) they tried to slip in 5 false charges for mini bar, 4) the lighting is so minimal (probably to hide shabbiness of entire place, 5) our window shade was torn, 6) part of a coat rack was broken and on floor, 7) the bath room faucet fell off in hand, 8) the waitress at bar was VERY rude, and 9) EVERY morning at 4:00 the garbage truck arrived and banged on until 4:30 or later _ GOOD MORNING! It sounded as if we were outside. 10) There is no ice machine on any floor. I could go on. I promise. In short, it SUCKED.

Good Times Square Location

by TripAdvisor Member ESNODs

We chose this hotel because of Travel Channel Sam Brown's visit and the ideal location to theatre. Very small rooms and bathroom, but adequate if you don't plan to spend any time in the room. Although the location is ideal, service is friendly and the decor is interesting, do not expect a first class hotel. We noticed an inattention to details, such as dirty hallways, unmended rips in curtain panels, paint drips on the shower tile, etc. Be prepared for LONG waits for the elevator. This was an acceptable hotel for the less than $200 a night we paid.

Chose another hotel!

arrived at the hotel and we were asked what our method of payment was going to be - as our preferred method was cash we had to pay up front which was not a problem at all - it did however seem to cause a problem for the hotel - throughout our 4 night stay we were constantly left messages asking for a security deposit and when we questioned why we were advised that it was due to our $800.00 bill still outstanding - the first time the mix up happened I could understand it - but not 4 times and not when they actually lock you out of your room until you have sorted it out.....reception staff certainly didnt have any sense of customer service - one individual in particular was the rudest person Ive ever had to deal with. The rooms are VERY small - and we were in one of the bigger rooms!! I think for the money paid we could have had a far better service and a better hotel! + factors are that the bar was good and its in a very handy location.

Location can't be beat, amenities can be

by TripAdvisor Member IrishDawn

We stayed at The Time for a long weekend in December 2003. The location in the middle of the theater district is superb. Our experience with the staff was excellent as they went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. We had some issues with the temperature of the room--it was excessively hot and we slept with the window open even though the temperature outside was under 30 degrees F. The rooms are small as are the bathrooms. For a newish hotel, the rooms are a bit shabby in their appearance, but seem to be pretty clean. We were on the 15th floor and did not experience any road noise. Elevator wait times were long, especially on Sunday around check-out time. They provide high-speed internet access for about $10 per day. The bar was excellent and really hopped at night. The concierge and bell staff were particularly good.

Night time NYCNight time NYC

Miami

by jonriber

When is the best time to go to Miami?

by TexasDave

When you can get a cheap flight.

Without more details regarding why you're interested in going to Miami, that about sums it up.

by Donna_in_India

I'd avoid the summer months (June-August) and hurricane season which follows that. I think the best time of year is January - April.

by cochinjew

As a person who loves Miami, any time of the year is good enough for me..but it is no fun when there is a Hurricane warning or threat..there are lots of tourists november to january, february, especially from europe. march april may are just lovely.. then rain starts.. aug/sept/oct rainy and very very hot..

by jethanand

I spent 16 years in Miami

traffic wise , the worst time is when schools open and snowbirds descend on Miami

weather wise, if you avoid June- August you will usually have a great time , hotel prices are low year round but at their lowest in the hurricane season

swimming weather - depending on the warm gulf stream, some years you might be able to swim in the ocean during December, but most outdoor swimming pools are closed October thru March

car rental prices are very low year-round becuase it is a very competitive market

best season to sample tropical fruits June thru October

Enjoy Miami

by trecle

wha ah we are going to miami in late march sounds good to us

Comments