Travel Inn Hotel

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 18% higher than other 2.5 star hotels

• nicwil26's Profile Photo

Cheap but nice & clean!

Had a general idea as to where the hotel was located but on the first day we arrived, it seemed to take so long to get there, I was concerned we would be too far away from all the action - it ended up not being the case. Whilst we weren't right in the middle of all the action we were close enough to be able to walk pretty much everywhere. The hotel was chosen for price first, location second and as my husband and I were travelling with another couple, we had to stick to a specific budget. We were only a couple of blocks from a subway station and maybe a 10 minute walk from Times Sqaure.

We arrived a day later then we had booked (stranded in Toronto for 1 night due to storm) and when we checked in, were told our room wasn't ready, someone had stayed in it the night before. That was cool, we were able to dump our bags in the room and ventured into the -10C weather!

We were on the 3rd floor of the hotel located a short walk to the lifts, close to the ice and vending machines. Our roomlooked out over 42nd St to the police station and we had a perfect view of the Empire State Building. No issues with noise or anything like that, the room was well heated to the point where we had to leave the windows open at night!

There were 4 of us in the room and with all our luggage (including ski equipment) and the loads of shopping, there was plenty of room - we were quite impressed with the size - the bedding is also 2 double beds which was great - no one wants to sleep on a fold out!

Would definitely recommend this hotel because of the price and the location. I would probably stay there again although if I was lucky enough to get back to New York, I would more then likely stay in a different part of the city.

Unique Quality: The hotel has an outdoor pool (obviuously closed in Winter) and it also is one of the few hotels in the city that has free parking. Close to a subway station, the Port Authority Bus Terminal, Police Station across the road, bus stop out the front and if you get a room at the front of the hotel, awesome views of the Empire State Building. Also a short walk to the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum. There is a deli on one side and a liquor store on the other, a supermarket about a block away and a chemist fairly close by as well. It is also a 10-15 minute walk to Times Square.

Large rooms with bath and shower and heating for the chillier months.

The lady who works in the shop in the foyer of the hotel was extremely helpful, giving advice on where to buy the metro tickets and booked us a transfers to the airport. She can also book other tours if required. There is also internet access in the foyer for about $1 for a couple of minutes.

Directions: Midtown

• GuitarStan's Profile Photo

New York's Best Cost-Great Location Accomodation

My wife and I spent 4 days/3nights in NYC. I (husband) would rather go hiking or get outside in National Park or etc. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip! A Broadway play, Yankees baseball game (I hate em' but, had to go), a walk through Central Park and so many-many things to do. We stayed at The Travel Inn Hotel (3w.thetravelinnhotel.com). Located 42nd. and 10 Ave. Since we drove there, parking was a factor and they do not charge for parking! $30.00 a day in NYC! The hotel is perfectly situated for walking to many of the sites, you can be in Times Square in 5 minutes! It is clean, safe and close to mass transit. Even though it has no restaurant/deli, their is one within 50 feet of the lobby, literally. WE would definitely stay here again!

Directions: Mid-town Manhattan. If your driving in from the West, it is super easy to get to from the Lincoln Tunnel. Take a left when you exit from the Lincoln Tunnel and another left onto 10th. Ave. The parking garage is right next to the lobby entrance.

• nospam's Profile Photo

Great Location

This hotel is one of the more reasonably priced in Manhattan so no frills, just clean and comfortable. It is in a great location with good, inexpensive restaurants just a few steps away. I would stay there again.

Unique Quality: The best thing about this hotel is it is just 2 1\2 blocks from Times Square, very close to good restaurants, shopping, the subway and sightseeing spots. Good price for Manhattan.

Directions: Close to the Cruise Ship Terminal. $50 USD by limo to La Guardia.

• nancy531's Profile Photo

Great value in NYC

We were looking for a hotel in NYC that would fit four people comfortably, have reasonable rates and not be in a far away or scary neighborhood. We found that in the Travel Inn. Unlike most NYC hotes, I think most (if not all) the rooms have two double beds. It looked kept up with newer furniture and fresh wallpaper and carpets. There is a diner nearby for breakfast as well as a bagel place right next door. The subway at Port Authority (A,C,E line) was less than three blocks walk, and even though there was no doorman, we had no trouble hailing a cab. The only issue we had was that we couldn't figure out the air conditioning and the room was warm. We slept with the window open and heard sounds of the traffic all night. I would recommend this place if you want a decent, clean hotel close to things but easy on the wallet. I think it was $120 per night, which divided by four isn't bad. Especially since I couldn't get anything decent in that range from Priceline and on Priceline they don't even guarentee space for four.

Unique Quality: Don't expect a ton of amenities. They had average 2 star type stuff like an iron, blowdryer, shampoo, soap, etc, but nothing fancy. Regular type blankets and towels. Sort of on the par of a Hampton Inn. However, they had two very nice extras - free parking and an outdoor pool.

Directions: Its like two doors down from the corner of 10th and 42nd. From Penn Station take the A,C,E uptown one stop and walk from Port Authority over 42nd towards 10th. From Times Square walk West on 42nd three long blocks.

• jennijeans's Profile Photo

Great Hotel

Was affordable, free parking!!!!!!!!! and located in the centre of theatre district where all the action is!!! We paid 110$US for a nice room and free parking(that was the best) they even had a swimming pool. By the way we had gone to a youth hostel and they wanted to charge us 100$ US for bunk beds shared toilet and paid parking. SO I think we found a very good deal at this hotel!!!

Unique Quality: Free parking. very rare.

More about Travel Inn Hotel

Loved the Travel inn

Just stayed at the Travel Inn from July 12-17 and found our stay there very pleasant. Rooms were nice, and were cleaned everyday. Although the bathroom was bit small it served its purpose and was spotless. There was lots of closet space in the room which was also a good size by New York standards, not too small, yet not to big. The Free parking the hotel offered was another great bonus. The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome. I would definitely recommend the Tavel Inn to anyone wanting comforatble accomodation in a great location just three blocks from Times Square. Great price for the location.

All around great place!

by TripAdvisor Member ldohe

Spent the night after returning from a cruise at the Travel Inn Manhattan and was extremely happy with the value. The outside looks very plain and dated, but the rooms are spacious, clean and updated. The pool was exceptionally large for a motel, especially in the city. The parking was free - the valet parked it for us and provided us with brochures to help us plan our trip. My children enjoyed playing the video games on the televison though a little costly at $7.50/hour. The Kraft Restaurant across the street served good, plentiful and inexpensive meals. There also is an adjacent deli with reasonable food prices. There are many places to eat in the surrounding blocks and so close to Times Square. Check out the internet special for $105/night at their website. Have fun!

NY's Best Kept Secret

What a great hotel! We came to NY to see "Raisin in the Sun" on Broadway and to go to the Today Show... We were looking for something that was affordable, but still nice. I got on the internet, searched, and searched and finally decided to take a chance with Travel Inn... and I am SO glad I did! Being from the South, I was a little weary of NYC, but was relieved when I saw that the hotel was DIRECTLY across from Manhattan NYPD. The rooms were great-- very clean, enough space, nice bathrooms, good tv. And if you don't mind a little walking, Travel Inn is also pretty close to all of the things we wanted to see and do. I will without a doubt stay here again and recommend it to others with no reservations.

Perfect, Perfect, Perfect!

The Travel Inn is a great hotel, especially if you want to be within walking distance to everything. The room was nice and it was definetly a bonus to have FREE indoor parking! I also liked that it was only 7 stories high ( I have a fear of heights)! The pool looked nice, although when in NYC you really don't have the time to swim because there is so much to see. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for its superb location, clean rooms, and affordable price.

Travel Inn vs. La Quinta

by azlangleys

Which hotel is the better place to stay in Manhattan - the Travel Inn or the La Quinta?
Thanks

RE: Travel Inn vs. La Quinta

by touristgal

Location, location, location???? They are about the same, just depends on what you want to do and how close you are to things. You won't be in your room much. Food is everywhere in NYC. Pick one that is closer to a subway would be my thing. Or one that is close to my favorite watering hole.

RE: Travel Inn vs. La Quinta

by turtle1025

stay at the travel inn every year we come there 5 years in a row and never had any problems price location and hotel was great

Comments