Trump International Hotel Tower

Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 26% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• TempEscape's Profile Photo

Over priced and small

I didn't stay but I visit friends who live here. This apartments are TINY for the same price you could rent an apartment a few blocks up or down from this location. Yes it's right on Central Park but it's a total rip off for value. If you have a family forget it. This place won;t be big enough. I think it;s geared mroe towards single people or couples who don't mind not having the space and prefer the location.

Unique Quality: Right next to Central Park.

Directions: Upper west side

• Viewing the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

I found out about the Trump Hotel when I was looking for a hotel to view the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade from my hotel window and read about it on this web site: http://www.nytix.com/Hotels/articles/thanksgiving.html

Unique Quality: Trump International Hotel & Tower is the perfect location for viewing the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. The best rooms for viewing are the Executive City Suites on the lower floors, priced from $2,000 per night. There is also a party every year out in front of the hotel’s five-star restaurant, Jean Georges.

• kenadams's Profile Photo

Some of the best views in town

This hotel is in a great location if you're looking for beautiful views of Central Park. I never stayed here, but I was in a room once for a work meeting.
    This is a particular hotel. Most rooms are privately owned: for about six hundred thousand dollars you can buy one. The deal is that you have the right to occupy your room for about 150 nights every year, but the rest of the year the room is used by the hotel for its guest.
    The hotel is very luxorious and in a great place. The views of the park are stunning. Of course, it is also very expensive.

Directions: Southwestern tip of Central Park, right at Columbus circle.

More about Trump International Hotel Tower

Trump International Hotel

by jamiesno

If you are in the Columbus Circle area you will see one of Donald Trump's buildings the Trump International Hotel. Donald Trump is one of the world's richest people and he owns a lot of real estate in New York City.

All of his buildings are high end and very impressive.

Best kept secret

I stayed at the hotel in the middle of February. I must say, this is by far one of the best hotels that I have visited. 5-Star service does not even begin to describe the services. My stay was short, only 3 days, but it felt like home. Upon arrival I was able to check-in early and received an upgrade to a park-view suite. Since I was a returning guest I received a hand-written note from the manager welcoming me back to the property. I also received compimentary juice and other beverages after check-in that were delivered to my room. The staff were always polite, curteous, and professional. Room service was on the expensive side, but isn't that excpected in a hotel/location like this? The views were spectacular (of central park).... The manger also granted me a late checkout on my depature day. Overall, this hotel is worth the money. The hotel even assigns you a personal assistant to do errands or accomodate any requests during your stay. Truly, a fine and exceptional hotel. (I wish there were more of this chain around...if there were I would only stay with Trump...)

Super Service

by TripAdvisor Member Shoreview

My husband, daughter and in-laws shared a 2 bedroom suite for the weekend. What we loved most about the hotel was the employees. Yes, the room was lovely (5 walk in closets!) and the view of the park was nice but the people there really made our stay special. The gentleman that showed us to our room made sure we had milk and cookies waiting for our daughter after the theatre that evening. What a treat! The concierge, Nector, was wonderful, friendly and helpful. The doormen were smiling, energetic and welcoming. We'll never stay anyplace else!

Trump NY Spring 05

by TripAdvisor Member First_Wandering_Brit

Stayed here for separate stays of 2 and 3 days in April-May 05 on vacation with my wife. Hotel offered us room upgrades both times. The rooms were nice- modern and cleam. We didn't eat at the restaurant. Staff were very helpful. Location is great.

One point to consider if you are going in the near future (ie early summer 05). Generally the rooms are quiet. However, there are building works at an adjacent plot and these start at 0700 on weekdays. They could certainly be heard from our city-view room on the 6th floor and might wake a light sleeper.

Trump Towers is the Best!!

I have just returned from a trip from London and checked in to my suite
around 10:15Am to shower and get ready to experience the sites in the
BIG APPLE. I have been here several times but always on buisness excursions so this was my oppurtunity to indulge myself and get more
aquantied with the sites. I first thought to see a show on broadway but
then decided against it becuse i felt What would Donald do? It finnally
came to me, YEs I will fly over the city from a helicopter (mind you this
was a blue sky no clouds) and so thats what I did. It was exhilirating and
fun to see the Empire State Building, The Statue of Liberty, And Centrall
Park, with its grandouer, but the best was flying over the Cathedrals,and
taking in all the architecture of the landscape! NEw York City is got to be
one of the most exceptionally breathtaking cities ever that I have been to inc. one that has everything to offer! I highly recommend this to anybody who wants to know what it feels like to really get away and enjoy the best vacation ever here in the states. You have it all right here and you dont even have to fly over the ocean to get there. Its got taste, style, life, color, pizzazz, food, entertainment, music, museums, parks, and exceptionall fine art of rebirth and vitality, after all this city has stood up to a lot of adversity and history, so we are very proud of claiming her as Americas own!!
May God Bless Her & the U.S.A. Thanks for the time of my life to finally experience it without living in a hotel or boardroom and missing the best of New York. Keep Strong And Shine like the torch of Hope for All who visit or live here. It was a dream come true and I definetly will return....

Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member lillious

We arrived at noon on Saturday the 14th. We didn't expect our room to be ready because we were quite early. Hotel stored our bags and told us to check back at 4pm. Came back at 5pm and our 2 bedroom suite still wasn't available. They gave us another room to stay in until our suite was ready.
Went to dinner and came back at 9:30pm. Bellman was just moving our bags into our suite. Yes the suite was awesome. 2 1/2 baths, beautiful view of Central Park on one side and Columbus Circle from the front. All the amenities including a plasma screen tv, robes and slippers in each room. Was a bit noisy as we were only on the 5th floor.
We had ordered a cake to be waiting in our suite as it was our daughter's 17th birthday. Had to call about the cake and it finally arrived at 10:15pm.
However it was the most awful cake. Couldn't eat it. Told the front desk and they told us to order whatever we wanted from the dessert menu and have it sent to our suite. They also agreed that we should be able to order anything for breakfast and have it sent to our room since our suite was so delayed in being available.
Fortunately the weather in NYC was beautiful on Saturday and we were able to spend the entire day enjoying the sights and shopping.
However at over $1200 a night there should have been NO PROBLEMS!
Would we go back? Hmmm, not so sure. This trip was a very special occassion for our daughter and that it is why we decided to really splurge.
We have stayed in many other beautiful hotels in NYC and not had such a delay. I will say that the staff was very friendly and did try to accomodate us as best as possible. But they need to come up with a better plan for getting guests into the type of accomodation they reserved.

Trump International HotelTrump International Hotel

Trump International Hotel and Tower.Trump International Hotel and Tower.

So we have decided on the Upper West side...........

by cmapp

Which hotels would you suggest, I have a budget of £400, which is around $750 for the 2 nights, so something at least a 4 star, I have 2 children 4 & 8, so it must be quite child friendly.

Thank you very much for your help.

Claire

Re: So we have decided on the Upper West side...........

by JoeNYC

I'm not sure what their rates are, but I'd suggest you try the Trump International Hotel on Central Park West, just north of Columbus Circle. I think you have the budget for it and it's in a great area since you can easily walk to mid-town from there and you're across the street from Central Park. It's not exactly in the middle of the Upper West Side like the Beacon Hotel is, but it's a nice hotel and you can walk anywhere in on the UWS from there. You'd be right next to all the subways at Columbus Circle, a block or so away from Lincoln Center and next to the new Time Warner Center (which also has a nice hotel inside it, but I forget the name). If the Trump is booked or something, consider the Hudson Hotel as well. It's real trendy and gets a lot of movie stars staying there all the time. It's also right near Columbus Circle.

Comments