246 Spring Street, New York City, New York, 10013, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Really Bad Experience!

After 3 hours delay and 8 hours flight from Spain i arrive with my family and a 9 month baby to the Soho Trumph Hotel at 11pm. We had late arrival so we should have the rooms and everything was paid, what was our surprise when we arrived to the reception desk and they sold our rooms... AMAZING! nothing to say, nothing to do, just shut up and move to other Hotel at 1am.

We had travelled around the world in every kind of hotels from 6stars to hostels and this first time ever happens, and in a place called Trump SoHo NY even worst.

If you plan to visit NY and you had book in this Hotel, make sure they have your rooms and they don´t sell it to other client... Good luck and take care.

Juan Segui

Been in Trumph Soho Hotel 18th, 19th and 20th of May 2012
    After the inconvenience we move to the Palace until the 27th and we had a great time in NYC

More about Trump SoHo New York

Our New Favorite Hotel in NYC

by TripAdvisor Member FFWC

We stayed at the Trump Soho for 5 nights at the end of May in 1 bedroom suite. Let us start by simply saying Perfect in every way.

We have been traveling to NYC for years and have stayed in a large array (dozens) of 4-5 star properties both large and small. Some we like more than others and we usually leave with a list of items we had wished they did differently. Not the case here, from the quality and size of the room to the service and amenities and finally the neighborhood there is no other NYC hotel we will ever again consider before checking the availability of the Trump Soho!

Also the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in in a hotel.

Excellent Hotel. Concerns about membership.

by TripAdvisor Member PabloLH

We stayed in this hotel from May 5 to May 7 2010. The hotel is new and everything is absolutely fantastic. We were located in a grand deluxe room on floor 22. Although the swimming pool was not yet opened, the hotel deserved the stay. Hotel employees are very professional (special thanks to Francisco and Victor).

I have only one concern that I have shared with the Leading Hotels of the World Organisation. The hotel is member of this group which provides special treatment to clients being members of this organisation. Although I am a member of LHW since 2007 and that you are always supposed to have an upgrade and sometimes other special treatment, I was very surprised when the hotel reception said that "no agreements were taken with LHW and therefore no special treatment was given to LHW members". If you look at the 2010 LHW book, one of the NYC hotels is the Trump Soho Hotel. If you look at both websites, the Trump Soho Hotel is member of LHW. I felt very much concerned about this information not in line with the public information available.

Wonderful--Service extraordinaire!

by TripAdvisor Member keaton7

A beautiful building with every amenity available now or soon to come (i.e. pool and spa). Rooms were spacious and high tech--including bathrooms which included a tub and high tech shower (in the deluxe rooms). The desk had many ports suitable for serious work. Only think lacking was a desk chair. The side chairs just don't cut it for serious computer work. In this regard, Trump Soho would be well advised to follow the lead of Le Parker Meridien which has fabulously comfortable Aeron desk chairs in every room. All of the personnel aimed to please with very polished service. The hotel has a great restaurant and two beautiful bars. Since drinks were so expensive, I think it is tacky to charge high prices for bar nuts. Make them free or charge more for the drinks. Just plain tacky in a hotel that is not otherwise tacky. Great hotel

Quiet comfort in the city (but needs a bathroom door- lets take a vote)

by TripAdvisor Member flifish

We stayed for 4 nights in the 1 bedroom suite. The price for NYC was competitive. We paid under 600 a night for a 700-800sq ft suite. As a reference for my comments our usual hotel picks are boutique or 4- 5 star hotels. Trump Soho is a 5 star hotel that isn't so big that they ignore the fact you are there. The friendly staff greets you coming and going and while it is a nice touch it at times might seem a bit eager. The rooms are as they look on the web site with a feel of spaciousness. Ours looked out to the Hudson River with NewJersey sparkling back at us. The suite colors warm and calming exuding casual elegance. An explanation, written would be most appropriate, of how to use the bank of light switches and drape switches would be helpful. I was always fussing trying to hit the correct setting and would give up and try to turn of the lamp directly. It appeared that we had a double closet in the bedroom but we were disappointed the second door of the closet did not open. Inside the first door of the closet there is a safe large enough with a pull out tray for your laptop and below some drawers. The disappointing part is with part of the closet being used as drawers and a safe it leaves only enough room to comfortably hang two full length winter coats. No room for a couple of dresses and suits to hang without stuffing them in. You still have room for your short items like shirts but with two people that extra full length closet is missed. The bed seemed like a bed my grandmother had used for 36 years. It was very soft and maybe even dare i say lumpy? That said I have and like a hard-as-a-rock Tempur-Pedic at home. There is a nice size dresser with ample drawer space and atop that a perfect sized flat screen TV.
The maids were approachable and helpful but missing some continuity in their routines. However, that said, they seem to care and do get the main tasks each day with a friendly smile as they work.
The internet connection was a breeze with more than adequate speed.
The main bathroom was nicely sized with the tub under a window-no bath salts. I must admit i enjoy the natural light in the bathroom. The stand alone shower was amply sized with rain shower and a hand held sprayer for rinses, easy to use, and quick to adjust temperatures. We will talk bathroom door at the end.
The living room had plenty of room and seating. The sofa was comfortable but the two chairs were very narrow and somewhat confining. The living room flat screen sits atop piece that offers more drawer space yet again. And near the TV there is a well placed built in power strip with the plugs situated so you can fit various size chargers to keep all your devices fully charged. The counter by the coffee maker (and no its not a mr coffee) gives plenty of counter space to stock your purchases or store them inside some of the cabinets and behind one door is a microwave and of course a well stocked mini-bar.
The second bathroom, half bath, is nice sized and is a welcome addition when 2 people are in the suite.

My one complaint worth mentioning is ------ Who decided in the hotel design business that just because the toilet is behind glass doors within the bathroom that we no longer need a true bathroom door?????? I hate this concept. Its right next to the bedroom so if you want to bath/shower you get no privacy once you step out of the shower. The person trying to sleep is distracted by the noise in the bathroom. The same in the morning if one person is sleeping are we to pack up half our stuff and use the 1/2 bath to get ready, then move into the other bathroom for a shower? GIVE US A DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think most people enjoy privacy in the bathroom.

Overall a great hotel not too big not to small. Steps to a small park with benches, shopping 2 blocks, steps from some of the best pizza and italian you can get in the city. Its a fantastic location and I liked it much better than a couple of soho/ tribeca hotels that try way to hard to be hip with gold fish and loud lobby discos in their cramped dingy digs.

Not Worth The Money.

by TripAdvisor Member RebelKnight

First off let me say the Hotel is in a woderful spot in the city.There is a subway entrance right out side the door.China town is 3 or 4 blocks south.There isnt much after dark around the Hotel so plan ahead.There is a deli 2 blocks away and a Starbucks that closes early for a starbucks.

-----The Hotel charges $150 a day for incidentals.Plan ahead. I didnt and was shocked when told I had to pay that. I also had all the junk removed from my room so that I couldnt be charged for it..

-----If you use the phone even for local calls you will be charged $1.50.You can talk all you want I guess but you still get charged the intial $1.50..

-----When I stayed weekend of April 22. The Hotel is only Half open.Floor 27th is the highest that availble....Pool not done. Spa not open. SoHI not open.

----- If you goto the Trump site there isnt a picture of the rooms.You would think they would be able to take up to date photos and put them on the site.Theres a reason there isnt actual photos on the Site.
-----Also if you want to use the internet its $14.95 a day.For unsecured wired/wireless connection. This is 2010 everyone uses the internet these days.
----- I feel I was nickled and dimed.

It seems as though if you stay here you are helping train the staff. I know that currently it is availble for a discounted rate. There is a reason..

I had a Supuerior Room. It is small.Had I brought my wife we wouldnt have had any room in the closet for clothes.There were like 6 hangers. I was disapointed and was up graded to a Deluxe. Which ment it was a little bit bigger but still small. In both rooms the Bathroom was the only bright spot. It had a large deep tub next to the window.The shower was a nice.You have 2 choices. There is a wand where the water shoots out and a non adjustable rain head over head.I have stayed in NYC.The room was small. Its only a 5-star hotel if you care about the Taschen books and bench thats worth $1500.
I dont care about any of that.
You dont go to NYC to pend all day in the Room.

+++ The maid service was beyond belif.They come by 2 times a day.They folded my clothes.
++++ Door men were outstanding as well.Always nice,polite and friendly.
++++ The view while looking out the window was nice.I could see Empire State building ,the Brooklin bridge,Another bridge and central park..I will say if you had a room at the top there isnt a better view in the city from a hotel.
++++ The bed was really soft.I slept well on it.

In closing I dont feel right now its a 5-star hotel.It will be in the future.There is no way I would pay the prices that the hotel will ask for in the future.I didnt want to pay the $300 a night even if it was fully open. The rooms are to small. I guess I can say I stayed there when the Celebity Apprentice Final shows.
For the price go stay else where..

Before you go make sure that ALL rooms on ALL floors are ready.

by TripAdvisor Member Nadia77

Pros:

- The hotel is located in a generally nice and quiet area.
- Rooms are new.

Cons:

- Please be aware that booking a Deluxe room you won’t be placed upper then the 26th floor. All other floors were not ready at a time of our visit (April 14-18). They say, they hopefully open all remaining floors by summer, but better check before you go. We specially requested for a Deluxe room on the upper floor and were communicating with the hotel on this subject directly. They assured us that all rooms are ready, and not with a single word they mentioned that, though Deluxe rooms are supposed to be on 21st – 41st floors, no room is available higher then 26th. Knowing this in advance, we would have thought twice and maybe booked somewhere else. So we were on the 21st in the room 2108 (check the floor plan on the hotel internet site), which would have a magnificent view toward the Hudson, would it be located, say, on the 31st floor.
- room was quite small for the hotel of that range. Plus, our room was badly designed – even no place for a suitecase (and if you have 2?), the wardrobe was tiny and could accommodate literally 4 t-shirts. There was even no hook in the bathroom to hang your towel on after you take a shower.
But it seems that all the rooms are designed differently in terms of furniture layout etc., so check the floor plan and try to ask the hotel directly.

- the hotel provides tea and coffee facilities in the room for free. We had a new coffee machine in our room, a lot of coffee capsules, but, unfortunately, no single tea-bag, and we don’t drink coffee. When I asked to bring us several tea-bags, they arrived together with a bill. By the way, there were 12 teabags, and the bill was only for 5 or 6 and was for 35 USD. It took me more then an hour for stupid telephone conversations with different staff members that I don’t want to describe here. I finally got an apology for this, and the amount was deleted from our final bill, but it was really irritating – spending my time and nerves for such kind of things.

- there is no buffet breakfast. You can come to the restaurant and order by menu. Our breakfast on our first morning in the hotel was 135 USD for two of us (green tea, fresh orange juices, fruits, yogurts, muesli).

I would advise you to book a One Bedroom Suite, if you want to feel comfortable in your room. I haven’t visited one, but hopefully there is at least more storage space. And ask, if ALL THE ROOMS are finished, before you go, only if you don’t mind staying on the 10th floor while in NY.

Excellent Service Despite Initial Problems

by TripAdvisor Member DominicoLondon

I was initially about to leave the hotel after being disappointed about two things - first the spa not being open though there is little mention of this on the website, and secondly when our AC broke down in the middle of our first night in the hotel. I spoke directly to Adrian Squef the Front Office Manager who simply couldn't have been better. He upgraded me to a stunning suite for my remaining two nights to make up for the initial problems. To be fair I then saw the best this hotel offers which I think is pretty close to exceptional. The location is great (if you like SOHO) and the staff are of a high standard (for example Jeff).
One word of warning is the room service charges. For a glass of milk to be delivered for the inhouse coffee - which itself was not free - was £14 and you kind of fell if you sneeze your going to get stung. My advice dont touch anything in the room unless you have an expense account.

Accommodating & decent quality throughout, some niggles

by TripAdvisor Member ifyouknowjack

Stayed for 4 nights on a business trip - booked Deluxe rooms for the view/sleep quality, and rooms were big enough, but slightly smaller than the London NYC at the same price. Nice furnishings, good bathroom, and a colleague (who had a 1-bed suite) had a much better space, so if you can afford it, go for that. Super views, nice people, and nothing too much trouble.

In the Deluxe (and Superior, I reckon) my main niggle - always - is having the external door open directly into the bedroom. It just worries me about noise at night. Having said that, it was ok, as the hotel is pretty quiet, although the room did creak a bit like a boat! (Think that's "settling in" as it has only been open a month.) For an average of $400 it was good for NYC I guess, but charging for internet always annoys me: at $15 a day that is simply cashing in. And breakfast adds another $30 pp, if you have that in Quattro, but a good alternative us just to nip across the road to Starbucks if you want something easy.

Public rooms are a little disappointing, to be honest. The bar (Kastel) is trendily good, if too dark for just passing time, but the Library has odd seating arrangements that aren't conducive to lazing around. And the lobby is too cold, with the external doors opening directly into it. I sound like I'm moaning but I'm not: it's still tasteful and comfy, but not good for meeting people for business.

So, book a 1-bed suite for views and space, and book above the 20th floor. Good bars around and about (we loved Daddy-O) and there's nice restaurants in the area. Quattro for lunch or dinner is very good quality, and the concierge service is very very professional and polished. I'd stay there again if they dropped the internet charge and had a cheaper breakfast option.

Unexpectedly Chic

by TripAdvisor Member DPBird

Pros: just-opened, new lobby and room; doormen and front desk especially attentive and friendly; expected lots of Trump gold-gaudiness, but it was unexpectedly chic; lobby was of high quality materials; comfortable bed; nice, new large flat screen; in-room Nespresso coffe maker

Cons: not much - smallish shower.

Perfect if you want to stay in this part of the city

by TripAdvisor Member xavier06

Very nice and helpfull staff from the doorman to the cleaning ladies
I booked a room for a week on an average floor with not such a great view (just above some constructions) but it is usual in this part of the town and it didn't disturb me.
The rooms are very nicely made and the space generous. Very confortable bed with everything you need.
Spent some time at the bar, which is nice and lively. The Library is cozy and more quiet, perfect if you need some peace. Really enjoyed the whole ambiance and the decoration was very much at my taste.
I had to quickly use the business center which is small but you have what you need.
The pool and it's bar where unfortunately not open yet but should be open end of July/begining of August.

The only problem came when I asked to keep the room for 15 minutes more (I called at 9am for a usual check-out time at 12) where I've been told that it was totally impossible. Told the person at the check out and totally understood my anger and appologised more than he could and gave me his card for a complimentary upgrade on my next visit.

Will definetely go back

ticket booths in grand centralticket booths in grand central

meme

runwayrunway

KATATONIA live at Gramercy TheaterKATATONIA live at Gramercy Theater

Staying @ the Trump Soho

by edng30

Hi, my wife and I will be staying at the Trump Soho hotel between Dec 27-Jan 2. We are from Canada so we plan on purchasing tickets to see a NY Islander hockey game @ the Nassau Coliseum on Dec 29. Can anyone please provide the SAFEST transportation option(s) to the hockey game plus return? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ed Ng
Vancouver, BC Canada

Re: Staying @ the Trump Soho

by nicolaitan

there is no train stop for the nassau veteran's memorial coliseum. from penn station in new york take the long island railroad to either westbury or hempstead, both 5-10 minutes away by taxi. there are several taxi companies at each of these stations. at the westbury station they are right across the street, less familiar with the layout of the hempstead site.
make sure you have a taxi arranged to take you back to the train station. get their number when you go, make arrangements with the driver, etc.

or you can rent a car and drive there - the coliseum is located at the intersection of meadowbrook parkway and hempstead turnpike, NY 24, and very easily reached. if you decide to rent a car email me and i will write you directions to avoid, in so far as possible, rush hour traffic.

if feeling rich, rent a limo.

Comments