W New York - The Tuscany

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• setikeyvan's Profile Photo

Reliable Stay for the City

The thing I like about the W Hotels is that you usually know what you're going to get. It doesn't matter the city or country you're in - you know you're going to get quality service and a unique experience of the senses. Every hotel has it's own unique look and feel which is always a little exciting. I've stayed at a few W Hotels,in various cities, and my favorite is the one in downtown San Diego. So, for New York, we thought we'd go W again. It was a fine choice. The hotel was smaller than what I'm used to for the W Hotels. The lobby was pretty tight and the room was pretty small. The bathroom I had a problem with. The ceramic handle for the sink just popped off and exploded...I know that sounds odd, but it's true! There was also absolutely no room for toiletries. They had a small glass counter over the toilet in which my toothbrush almost fell. Other than that, the room felt warm, offered a good view of the city and was nicely decorated. This was the least expensive of the W Hotels in New York, but it was a W and therefore still pretty expensive - Almost $300 before tax.

This hotel was ideally situated just a couple of blocks from Grand Central Station and about a 10 minute walk to Park Ave.

Unique Quality:
    * Great location a few blocks from Grand Central Station
    * Something fresh to drink the lobby every afternoon
    * Free water bottles for guests in the lobby on hot days (not sure if they do this all the time)
    * Lovely decorated rooms and signature W Hotel comfort bed

• Kevross85's Profile Photo

The W on 39th

Me and a friend visited here last year for our 21st birthdays and the hotel was fantastic. It looks great as soon as you see the doors from the street and when you walk in its just as good.

Once you get over the looks the people who work there are just as nice. from the young lady on the reception desk to the bell hop on the door they are all great help with anything which is needed from tips on good bars to visit or which is the cheapest/quickest way to reach an attraction. Once up to our room this did not dissapoint it was very roomy and very nicely decorated.

The biggest plus for me and my friend was that of the bar. It is named the Wet bar and is great fun. Being scottish we saw a lot of the bar and it was very good. The bar staff were very helpful(and attractive lol) and are willing to speak away.

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Can't go wrong here

A few years ago I stayed at the W Tuscany, which is right next door for one night. Loved it. This time around I spent three nights at The Court. I loved it just as much. It's clean, modern and our room was always made up promptly.

If you go, be sure to ask for a Court-side room so you can block out the traffic noise.

Unique Quality: The reason I so loved it is because there were three of us in the room and we weren't bumping into each other and/or the furniture whenever one of us made a move. And the closet's in a little nook by a Vanity. You can open one of the doors and create a little private changing area. The King sized bed was amazingly comfortable and yes, even the air-mattress (which I slept on for two of the nights) was also really comfy.

Only thing that was a little annoying was the slow elevator up and down eleven flights. However, they pipe in music and you should just do as I did....and dance!

Directions: Murray Hill

• garridogal's Profile Photo

A Fabulous Hotel

Staying at this hotel is a delightful experience.

Unique Quality: The colors and decor in the lobbies and rooms are truly tasteful. Rooms are beautifully furnished with large chenille covered armchairs and throws and great black and white pictures of NYC. Our room had a kickass view of the Crystler Building.

Comments