Wall Street District Hotel

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about New York City

View of relocated ancient structureView of relocated ancient structure

delta planedelta plane

sushisushi

to the fieldsto the fields

New York City with Baby - Shows?

by copakavanagh

My wife and I will be in New York City from Dec 14 - 20, with a 4 month old.

Our movie theater has something called Stars & Strollers that promotes coming out with your baby. Is there anything in New York like this - for any shows?

by xymmot

no, not that I know of, can you explain the concept? I wouldn't take a 4 month old to the movies, what is the point, can't find a sitter. I hope it doesn't catch on cheers tommy x

by copakavanagh

Yea, it's a horible idea, granted. This is what I was talking about: http://www.cineplex.com/Theatres/StarsAndStrollers.aspx

In any event, just looking for ways for my Wife & I to try some New York flavour with a baby - he's not crying his face off yet and just is along for the ride...

by ter1413

**Is there anything in New York like this - for any shows?**

I hope not!

by 10028

We do have that here, I've seen signs posted at my local movie theater. I think it's a great idea!

I couldn't find a link to Manhattan theater listings, but I found this link from Time Out with a partial list of Brooklyn movie theaters that have baby-friendly shows.

I do want to throw one little wrench in your plans though. I don't go to the movies much, but I have friends who used to go to the movies all the time but have stopped because so many movie theaters are apparently infested with bedbugs! Just something to think about. Also, movie theaters are notoriously filthy even if they aren't infested with bugs.

by 10028

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I wanted to clarify -- I didn't mean to imply that ALL theaters are infested with bedbugs. I'm sure they aren't.

Also, I took a closer look at the link I attached, and it does list two Manhattan locations, including the one on 86th St. that I first noticed when I passed by and saw a sign.

Travel Tips for New York City

Public Rest Room

by von.otter

Until New York City makes good on its long-held promise to install public rest rooms along the city’s sidewalks tourists and locals will have to make do with those already established.

One such public lavatory can be found in Bryant Park. It is on the 42nd Street side of the park, close to the library.

There are 16 public restrooms located throughout Central Park. They are as follows.
• Merchants’ Gate, 61st Street and Central Park West (closed winter)
• Heckscher Playground, Mid-park at 62nd Street
• The Arsenal, 64th Street and 5th Avenue
• Sheep Meadow Cafe at Mineral Springs, Mid-Park at 69th Street (closed winter)
• Bethesda Terrace, Mid-park at 72nd Street (closed winter)
• Model Boathouse Cafe, at Conservatory Water at 74th Street
• Loeb Boathouse, 74th Street at the East Drive
• Ramble Shed, Mid-park at 79th Street
• Delacorte Theatre, at the Turtle Pond at 81st Street
• Ancient Playground, 85th Street and 5th Avenue
• Tennis House, Mid-park at 94th Street
• North Meadow Recreation Center, Mid-park at 97th Street
• Robert Bendheim Playground, 100th Street and 5th Avenue
• Conservatory Garden (this area of the Park really deserves to be visited), 105th Street and 5th Avenue
• Great Hill, West 106th Street (closed winter)
• Dana Discovery Center, 110th Street at Lenox Avenue

Good Half Day

by Terrajarret

Metropolitan Museum of Art and Central Park. They can easily be hit in a half day. The Museum's collection is extensive, there is something for everyone. A modern art wing for the "hip", classical art for the distinguished and an armour and egypt exhibit that the kids will be entertained my. The park is beautiful in winter and summer. It's a great place to go ice skating, or in nice weather have a picnic. Easily finding my own spots in the park and people watching. There are all sorts here and it's quite a sight to behold.

GO TO THE EMPIRE STATE...

by Lys-Noir

GO TO THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING

My dear ritual...as soon as I've arrived and settled in my hotel...off I go up to admire the view from the 86th floor observatory, 1,050 feet (320 meters), shown on the picture above!
Since the Observatory opened to the public in 1931, almost 100 million visitors have thrilled to the awe-inspiring vision of the City beneath them. Each year over 3.5 million people are whisked to the 86 th floor to be where Cary Grant waited in vain for Deborah Kerr in an 'Affair to Remember', while Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan had their fateful meeting in the movie 'Sleepless in Seattle'.

TOWER LIGHTS
To find out more about lights that colors the Empire State Building click HERE

New York City Tip

by ladyfisher

Workers climb over the remains of the World Trade Center in New York, Friday, Oct. 5, 2001. Workers continue clearing debris from the site of the Sept. 11 collapse of the World Trade Center towers which were destroyed after being struck by two hijacked in a terrorist attack

if you want to see the sights...

by katie_park

if you want to see the sights in an effective and convenient way, taking a city tour bus can be one way. during the 3-day trip, we had sunny day on the first day, and rains next day. after Elizabeth--my interpreter who helped me with French-- before i checked out at the Edison Hotel where i also stayed on my own short trip, we had around two more hours to take the bus, so she and i decided to hop on a double-decker city tour bus..... since we had waffle, such a fresh orange juice, and coffee for breakfast--oh my dear, you have to have them all at once, extremely tasty~^^--,we were just full and still felt great. thanks to that, it was not a big deal that i paid about 20 bucks or more for the 'Apple Tours' fee. well~~ the thing is i had headache trying to figure out what the announcements was explaining--the lady had such a strong new yorker accent, and on top of that my english was not as good as present one--i know, some of my friends would doubt! at any rate, i was making film with my video camera. according to the announcements, people looked like hop off to take a fresh air, and hop on again. when the bus pull over nearby a port, i thought that was another break, so i got off for some pictures, damn it! the apple tours guys left right away... oh my gosh~ thank god, however, i had my passport, $20.00 in my pocket, and trying not to be frustrated, i took a taxi to get to the hotel, and luckily enough, i memorised the address... carrying my backpack, Elizabeth looked soooo stunned yet happy to see me lying in bed, and watching TV in the room...
all right, guy! while travelling, make sure you always have to carry the passport and some amount of money... for guys in non-english speaking countries, gotta study english!!

Comments