102 West 57th Street, New York City, New York, 10019, United States
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Costs 256% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about New York City

Parthenon Quarry Marble & Plaster CeilingParthenon Quarry Marble & Plaster Ceiling

November in Central ParkNovember in Central Park

iced teaiced tea

the restothe resto

Real English Breakfast in NYC - Not Irish.

by Mich1979

Hi all,

Does anyone know where we can get an English breakfast from in NYC. I know where I can get Irish breakfasts from, but not sure where I can get an English breakfast with English produce from perhaps?

My boyfriend misses his English breakfasts when we visit, so just thought I'd ask - we are over in April.

Thanks

Michelle

by 10028

I found this place through menupages.com (I filtered for British restaurants that serve breakfast). Looks like they serve a full traditional English breakfast, but only on weekends, when they open at 11:00.

I have passed a number of diners/coffee shops that say they serve English breakfast, but your boyfriend would be very disappointed in what they call English breakfast.

I would suggest taking him for one full breakfast at Queen Vic. Hopefully he'll try a New York breakfast while he's here too! Try Sarabeth's, which has several locations (all very crowded on weekends):

by hawkhead

If you google "full english breakfast new york city" a whole load of links come up - seems it's THE thing now!!

by von.otter

Although this small restaurant, which does not accept reservations, does not serve breakfast, perhaps your boyfriend will fancy an English lunch or dinner.

Tea and Sympathy (http://www.teaandsympathynewyork.com/restaurant.php) is in Greenwich Village. The menu includes bangers ‘n mash, shepherd’s pie, welsh rarebit, roast beef with Yorkshire pudding, treacle pudding, and rhubarb and custard.

Located at 108 Greenwich Avenue (at the head of Jane St.) in the Village, it is open Mon. to Fri. from 11:30am - 10:30pm and Sat. & Sun. from 9:30am - 10:30pm.

by zuriga

I was going to recommend Tea & Sympathy, too. It's been around for years, but I haven't been there for a long time. It's a real favorite in the area. I wonder if they use Canadian bacon in lieu of what we get in the UK. :-)

by clareabee

would be a shame to travel all that way and not try a genuine american breakfast...thats all part of the fun!

When we visited NYC I have to say i didn't notice anywhere that did english breakfasts but not what I wanted anyway - I can get it at home!

One website I found really helpful though was menu pages - was really easy to use and you can search on types of cuisine!

Enjoy!

Travel Tips for New York City

Good shoes and GO...

by trotador

Manhatan is not a difficult area to get lost. As far you go South to Downtown the streets start getting different and losing the regular square block. In other words, at the South the streets are irregular. A map is a good friend in NYC. Subway is easy, always paying attention to the numbers and destination of the trains, some of them just run few stations. I was a little bit frustrated because I heard much about this city and I was waiting for more...but it was enough...

Subway Mosaics

by TexasDave

When using the city's subway system take time to notice the variety of mosaics in the different platforms. Some are originals and others have been installed recently. Many highlight the uinque features of the neighborhood above the station, as in the picture here of Delancy St. Station, near the old Fulton St. Fish Market.
Canal St. (near Chinatown) also has some interesting mosaic work.
Even the smaller signs indicating the station name can be very intricate.
This is just a little freebie that can add to your overall NYC visit.

Take in a Broadway Show! Just...

by jpcooper

Take in a Broadway Show! Just kidding - Broadway Sucks! So what should you do in the new 'Tourist Friendly' New York? There aren't as many 'cool' places as there used to be. The East Village, birthplace of Punk, is now a Yuppie Haven. Former dope spots are overrun by Soccer Moms and Baby Carriages. But for visiting a 'Tough' neighborhood, the East Village, and Lower East Side are a good place to play 'Let's Pretend'. My neighborhood in Brooklyn, Carroll Gardens. It's also been overrun by Soccer Moms. but it's a great place to raise a kid. Actually it's a very family friendly neighborhood, and BEAUTIFUL! Lots of Brownstones and not far from Manhattan by the Ftrain.

First of all when your in NY...

by melissamn1

First of all when your in NY you will be amazed by all the tall buildings. You must see the Empire State Building..walk in central park..go shopping..see a show or two..take it all in. My memory is New Years Eve! It was nothing that I have seen before. We were in Time Square watching the ball drop while it was pouring rain. That and shopping!

Relax, New Yorkers are Nice!

by madamx

New Yorkers are some of the friendliest people I have ever met. I was expecting to be barked and growled at, but that was not the case at all. Even when given a sarcastic comment it was always done with a wink and a sly grin.

I have so many memories of kind New Yorkers: The man who took the time to walk us to the right subway station; the ladies who helped me pick up loose change that spilled accidently out of my wallet; the waiter at our tea at the St. Regis who kept bringing us little "extras"; the spontaneous conversations struck up at street corners and in subway cars; the worker at the Whole Foods store who walked me right across the store to make sure I found the cold drinks ok. One time we were asking directions from a woman on the street, and she didn't know, so she stopped someone else on the street to ask them!

Western Canadians are known for their friendliness, though I think the New Yorkers have us beat, hands down.

Comments