Westin New York Times Square

Westin.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• chrishc's Profile Photo

Really comfortable

We stayed at this hotel on the New York leg of Natalie's 50th birthday jaunt, it was a perfect choice. very comfortable and those Westin Heavenly beds are all they're cracked up to be. We upgraded to a corner room on the 29th floor and had excellent views across the river and the Times Square area and also the Empire state building.

Unique Quality: Best beds ever. All you could wish for.

Directions: Just off Times Square

• BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Heavenly bed, close to attractions

The Westin NY is in a great location if you want to experience the excitement of NYC. It's located right next to Times Square and 5-min walk from Port Authority. You can choose from 863 luxurious guest rooms & suites that all come with their signature "Heavenly Bed", oh so soft & comfortable, and the "Heavenly Bath".

When I arrived at the hotel, there were many bellhops to take my bags. Unfortunately, I must've not given him enough tips or something because he didn't look happy when I gave him the money.

The room was pretty big for a hotel in Times Square that fit 2 very comfortable double beds with white sheets & duvet. Pity I didn't spend much time in the room because I was out to the theatre & exploring Times Square that were all within 5-min.

Breakfast in the executive lounge was quite simple (mostly cold dishes) but they did have Starbucks coffee. Bar 10 on the 2nd floor served nice cocktails and had a modern but relaxing atmostphere.

Overall, this hotel is great if you want a central location for shopping, theatre & dining but it can be very busy. Rooms, facilities & location are top notch but I can't say the same for their staff.

Unique Quality: A 32” flat screen HD TV and iHome clock radio with iPod dock in the room were pretty handy for me. The "Heavenly Bed" was so soft & comfortable and wished I could take it home with me.

Directions: From Times Square, walk towards the Hilton Theatre and the hotel is right at the end of the block. Otherwise, you can see it once you come out of Port Authority along 8th Avenue.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

A little piece of heaven in NYC

Well, after a 2 year hiatus down under, I was back to travelling and NYC was on the docket. In my quest to stay in every hotel in Times Square (that gives out points anyway), I was off to the Westin New York at Times Square. Despite the difficult and lengthy name, I was able to find the place and check in. Thank goodness for a corporate card! This place was E-X-P-ensive.

I would actually like to meet the people who stay in these places when the company is not paying for it, because I think $350 dollars a night is close to highway robbery (or in this case subway robbery). I will tell you this much though, the hotel is superb. The Heavenly bed that is a Westin trademark lives up to its name, and the heavenly showerhead are two signatures of Westin that are worth their weight in gold. You will sleep like a baby, guarenteed!

The location of this hotel is also ultra convienent, and the bar lounge has a great selection of wine and spirits, as evidenced by the get together we had.

One tip to you points concious travellers: All of the hotel bars are tied in to Starwood Points, so if you have your get together at Shula's Steakhouse or Bar 41, you will be earning those 3 Starwood points per dollar spent... and if you have the Starwood AMEX, you get an additional two per dollar at Starwood properties. Translated into English, if you take your client out to this restaurant, you could be earning 5 starpoints per dollar compared to those other choices that are only 1 starpoint per dollar!

• thanalik's Profile Photo

In the center for everything

I spent 3 nights in Westin. The place is next to TimesSquare has 2 entrances in 42nd and 43rd streets. The 42nd gets you inside a complex with a Mex-restaurant to a multiplex cinemas and to a Starbucks.The 43rd is the main one and you get straight to the hotel.
    The check in took me not more than five minutes and a very kind lady gave me the keys for room 3502.
    The elevator was something... It would took you about 15 seconds to get to 35th and this could make you feel a little sick! But i really liked it although my fiance didn't so much...
    The room had a magnificant view.It was a corner deluxe room,which i highly recomment. 2windows in each side give you a view from Southern Manhattan,all way up the Hudson river, all way up the 8th Ave and some TimesSquare view.It is a very good opportunity to understand some of the sizes of the city's buildings and streets...
    Totally recommented...

Unique Quality: A very good thing was, after a time in afternoon,you should show your room key to enter the hotel, for security reasons.
    All the pesonel was real kind and polite and seemed to want to satisfy all your needs.
    The concierge has a full knowledge of the city and everything i asked they answered me right away.Also they made me 2 reservations in the restaurants i wanted.
    The rooms provide you coffeemaker and coffee from Starbucks, also laptop size safer and full bar.
    My room had 2 opening windows and...OH MY GOD!!! I forgot the bed! You will not believe the bed... It gives you the sense that when you lie down you think it gives you a huuuge hug and doesnt let you go... The best bed i've ever slept...
    The only negatives i could say, is that you should wait more than 1-2 minutes to get the hot water, perhaps because of the high floor and also the room service once forgot left a shampoo..
    That's all.Overall was a great experience...

Directions: 43rd street in 8th ave, its not possible not to find it. 43rd and 7th is TimesSquare

• Flem2002's Profile Photo

A heavenly piece of New York!

The hotel describes its rooms as "Heavenly" and it really was! We were upgraded to an "Executive Club" room, with plenty of space, comfy chairs and a coffee table, flat screen large TV, Apple mac, huge shower head, free newspapers, a marshmallow duvet and wonderful pillows and stylish modern decor. There is a blackout blind and double glazing that keeps the bright lights and noise out.

A continental breakfast in the "Executive Club" was included - a decent spread of the usual cereals, breads, meats, juices, yoghurts and fruit.

There is a gym on site but - despite good intentions - we never quite made it!

Overall a very comfortable stay.
    Thoroughly recommended!

Unique Quality: The hotel is built over a Starbucks and a cinema - you can grab a film and a coffee without going out in the cold!

Directions: Turn west from Times Square and there are entrances on both 43rd Street (main entrance) or 42nd Street (rear entrance) near to 8th Avenue

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Nice accomodations amidst the bedlam!

Okay, I didn't stay here and never have. A friend of mine, however, basically lives here during the week while she works in town and based on her reviews and my visit to the room she was sharing w/her roommate for the weekend, I can say that I was favorably impressed with this hotel. Sure, it's smack in the middle of Times Square and who would want to stay there? But the rooms are spacious, the beds are comfy and they have large flat screen TV's and many other amenities.

Unique Quality: The room I saw didn't have one, but some of the rooms have personal treadmills in them. How convenient would that be? I made sure to ask about the noise in the neighborhood and if it can be heard in the room and make sleeping difficult and was told that it doesn't.

There's also a muli-plex movie theater attached to the hotel that you could visit if you stayed there without ever having to leave the building!

• MERGY's Profile Photo

I really great hotel when you are the first time!

i have just backed from NYC...Westin was the best choice I made. I looked for hotels only through the internet as it was my first time in BiG Apple. The price was 249$$ + allt that stupid taxes -near 13,6% anyway it was a really bargain as for new york. The staff generally is really helpful. I could leave my lagguages for 24h without any charges after check out Only one day was a pretty nice rude girl...but..I am also rude but in a nice way..and she had to capitulation>
    I saw many hotels around..but believe me...the only one choice to spend comfortable nice weekend in NYC! Next to subwaystation to JFK airport - about 40minutes,

• shirez's Profile Photo

Pay a lot - get a little

I was very disappointed of this hotel, though the view to the Hudson River was amazing.
    First of all I had problems checking in. Then the room service costed a fortune (I didnt check the bill in front of the waiter, but it costed almost double price than as I calculated including room service, tip and so on). They didnt clean the bathroom properly, and I didnt get bath gel for two days.
    I would expect a more professional service, but it is true: as they are almost (underline) on Time Square, and probably always crowded, quantity takes place of quality.

Unique Quality: Great view on Hudson River, sunset worth all the money.

Directions: One block from Times Square. It is not on Times Square.

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Accommodating accomodation.

I had booked this hotel through an Irish travel company some seven months before my trip, so you can imagine my surprise to arrive there Christmas week and discover that they didn't have my booking. Of course, being the week that was in it, the hotel was full. Crystal at reception could not have been more helpful and after about two hours of waiting she found us a very comfortable room. I wish to emphasise that it was the fault of the irish tour operator that the reservation had not been passed on.

There were two very soft double beds in the room and it was well equipped in every way. The beds in Westin hotels are particularly comfortable.

The hotel certainly deserves its five star rating because of its impeccable service and high standards of comfort, but it was far too modern and far too big for my taste.

In addition to that, the whole system of tipping in NY is so close to begging that it drives me nuts! People have their hands out at every opportunity and, where an opportunity does not exist, they are very adept at creating one!

You require a reservation for the steakhouse in the hotel, even if you are a guest, and they are quite snooty in refusing you if you don't have one. In typical NY style no breakfast is served in the hotel, but there are pretty good diners on every street.

The hotel is so central to everything, particularly if you want to attend the shows.

However, I wouldn't stay there again, but only because it's too impersonal for my taste.

Unique Quality: The location is excellent, and service is efficient in every way.

Directions: Right on Times Square.

• Westin's the One!

Stayed 2 times now, once in Oct, 2002 and again in 2003. Both times fabulous people, accommodations and location. The "heavenly" beds and ammenities are an added bonus. Modern, smaller room (unless you get upgraded) sleek, clean and
    on the cutting edge. Highly recommend.

Unique Quality: Heavenly bedding/ammenities
    Jr. suites - roomy and great window views!
    Accommodating staff/concierge services

Directions: Times Sq. right off 42nd/B'way

More about Westin New York Times Square

Westin Times Square or Hilton Times Square

by sonicworld

I took a bus to New York last summer to see Yes at the Radio City Music Hall. It was my first experience in New York at night. I LOVED Times Square as it's a sight to behold with all the lights and activity! I'm taking the family this Spring and would like to spend a night in this part of town but can't decide between the Westin or Hilton as they're very close in price and location. Has anyone stayed at either location and perhaps give me your input? Thanks!!!

Re: Westin Times Square or Hilton Times Square

by travelmad478

I've stayed in the Hilton. Go to the Westin.

Although I haven't stayed at the Westin, here's why I recommend it: (1) Hilton hotels in the US are generally pretty bad, room-quality-wise. This one is no exception, plus it's huge and noisy. Meanwhile, I've stayed at plenty of Westins (in Chicago, SF, DC, and elsewhere) and always been very happy with the room, bedding, etc. (2) This Westin is brand new and the rooms will probably be even better than usual as a result. The design is very cutting-edge and I can only assume that they did a good job on the inside as well as the outside.

Either way, do your best to insure that you do not take a room facing the street. It's insanely loud in that area, at all hours.

Re: Re: Westin Times Square or Hilton Times Square

by fossettes

I've stayed at the Westin, but it was a few years ago. The location is great, the service was really good and the rooms were beautiful!

Enjoy the big apple!

Re: Westin Times Square or Hilton Times Square

by sonicworld

Thanks for the feedback. I'm considering the Westin but may choose to lodge in a quieter area as I sleep lightly in strange places.

Comments