Howard Johnson Newburgh

moiraistyx's Profile Photo

YET ANOTHER STOP ON THE I CAN'T STAY AT MOM'S TOUR

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 14, 2008

I've only stayed at this hotel once, and honestly don't plan on coming back. I stayed here back in October of 2005 when I had arranged for a large group of friends to attend the Headless Horseman Haunted Hayride up in Kingston (there's a tip, go check it out). I really don't recall much of the hotel other than I couldn't sleep a single wink. The bed was uncomfortable and there was all sorts of noise from party goers. There is a Howard Johnson's restaurant located on the premises. I didn't eat there on this night, but remember eating there with a former boyfriend back when I was a teen.

Directions: see website for directions

cjg1's Profile Photo

One night only

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 19, 2007

I stayed here one night in 2005. I have read the report on here about bed bugs in 2007, but can say we did not have that issue in 2005.

It was what it was. A cheaper alternative to the Hampton Inn and now Hilton Garden Inn. If I'm ever needing a hotel in this area again, those two will get my business instead.

BEDBUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 30, 2007

Do NOT stay at the Howard Johnson Newburgh, in Newburgh, NY!!!! My daughter and I got to our room in the wee hours of the morning, after our flight had been delayed 2 and a half hours, and after we spent another hour dealing with our lost luggage, only to discover that the bed was absolutely crawling with bugs. I've never seen that before in my life. It was utterly disgusting. Needless to say, we departed that room quickly, returned to the front desk only to be told that the hotel could not issue a refund and that I would have to take that up with Cheap Tickets. You can be sure we did not opt for a different room, it was safe to assume that if one room has bedbugs, the whole place is infested. Tired as we were, I decided the heck with it, we'd drive home the two and a half hours, we were so turned off. NOT a good experience!!
AND, the skunk near the front door wasn't exactly a pleasant welcome sight, either!

Unique Quality: BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Business Services
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Newburgh Travel Forum

Need advice about Newburgh, New York State? Visit the Travel Forum for Newburgh and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Newburgh hotel reviews