2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

1 Prospect Pointe, Niagara Falls, New York, 14303, United States
Orbitz.com Comfort Inn Booking.com

Rated 12% higher but also costs 96% more than other 2.5 star hotels

More about Comfort Inn The Pointe

Needs a major renovation!

by TripAdvisor Member Viking_Hus

I must say I was entirely influenced by this website and associated hotel ranking. It was ranked #1 by this site for New York side of falls. For the money and proximity to the Falls, its not a bad Hotel. You can walk to the falls. But there are some problems that need to be corrected:

1. The carpets within the rooms are filthy. Walk on them with white socks and you will find them dirty within minutes. They say they shampoo them every month, but I doubt that claim.

2. Breakfast was a major disappointment. Garbage cans placed next to dining tables was a health hazard. They get full and start reeking of stench. It was disgusting. Green hard bolied eggs offered as well. Very crowded. It looks very run down in there. The server was nice, but everything is plastic and paper plates. The only plus was you can make your own waffles. No bacon or sausages. They have fresh fruit however and juice. Muffins offered as well.

3. Keep out any food within room. I found a roach in the bathroom in the early morning. I didnt bother telling my wife because I knew we would be leaving soon thereafter.

Attractions:

If you go to Canada, be sure to bring ID for the entire family. We forgot our son's passport (birth cert. will suffice or military ID) and he was unable to cross. I wound up taking my other son only while my wife and son stayed behind at the hotel. We went to the Skyler tower which is about 10 bucks per person to go about 270 feet up. You get a panaromic view of the city and falls. The Candadian side along the falls is much more aesthetically pleasing as they keep the grounds and surrounding areas clean. Flowers and lawns groomed daily. The american side is more drab looking and reminds me of the old cold war days between the east and west Germany. The niagara falls area on the US side reminds of East Germany before the wall fell down!

Highly recommend the Maid of the Mist, Cave of the winds and the Niagara Falls State Park. Check out the Seneca Niagara Casino for buffet lunch. You can get two dollars off with a free players card offered at the entrance for each family member eating. Very robust and tasty buffet with fresh seafood, chinese, italian, american dishes offered. Plenty of desserts as well.

Not Recommended: Hard Rock Cafe on the US side. This restaraunt served us raw hamburgers, rarley came by to check on us. We had to wait five minutes after we finished our drinks before we got a refills. And to top it off he kept walking by the table as if he forgot who his customers were. Waiter did not have a clue. Atmosphere is very noisy, so if you want something a little more quiet, stay away from that place. They had the gall by the way to offer us only five dollars off the raw hamburger.

The area around the Comfort Inn is very touristy and offers nothing of significant value. You need to go to Canada for all the major attractions and sights.

Overall recommendation is stay on the Canadian side and get the hotel VAT tax back from duty free shop and enjoy the sights from that side. You can catch the maid of mist from canadian side, but with the canadian exchange its a couple of more dollars for the ride into the falls. A pedestrian bridge and automobile access is available via Rainbow bridge.

Have fun!

Disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member busybee2006

When I read this website I try to overlook the whiners if there are just a few but I have to admit we were disappointed in this hotel that has such a high popularity rating. Even though the location to the falls is excellent my first impression was made when we walked in the door and the front floor mat was filthy. Our room was dark and the floors looked dirty. At one point I propped up on the bed to read and my hair stuck to the headboard..yewwwwww! The tv had one color...red. The bed was good but the pillows felt worn out. The breakfast was in a windowless basement room. I wished we had tried the Sheraton up the street or better still stayed on the Canadian side where there were lots more restaurants and shops.

Amen to all the reviews

by TripAdvisor Member kmorehouse

I booked this hotel because of the Trip Advisor rating. I like a nice hotel and this hotel is not nice. It is cheap and well located if you want to stay on the American side. If you want a nice place, cross the border, because it was pretty grim on the American side.

We did not try the hotel's breakfast because I couldn't imagine being anything but awful. The hotel staff had no idea about dining alternatives.

The quality of the room actually didn't matter that much because we left the hotel in the morning and did not return for ten hours. There was a lot to see and do at the falls and we enjoyed it all.

Location Location

by TripAdvisor Member 001952

Stayed at this hotel for one night while we visited Niagara Falls at the start of a two week holiday after reading the reviews on Trip adviser everyone was right about location location as we were able to park our car in hotel car park and walk everywhere. Having said that I was glad that we only stayed one night as hotel was very basic and certainly not a place where you would like to hang around during the day and relax in. A point in their favour they let us book in at 12.00 so we could start our sight seening straight away and boy were we impressed!!

Convenient to the Falls but not much more.

by TripAdvisor Member Lissete

We chose this place based on the reviews here on TA. Yes, the motel is steps from the Falls but that is all that it has going for it. Oh, and the free wireless internet. The room was dark & dreary. The elevator & hallways had a weird odor. The continental breakfast was blah, although my husband liked the waffles. The area is yuck. I would not stay here again. Although I did prefer our visit to the American Falls, next time I will just walk across.

Overall - great!

by TripAdvisor Member schnorpy

We stayed here for an extended weekend and were not disappointed at all. My husband and I did not have grandiose expectations, as it is a Comfort Inn, but we were pleased! The room was clean, bathroom clean, I felt safe, the waffle iron at the free breakfast was great, and of course, you can not BEAT the location...we did not have to move our car all weekend! If you're looking for a place to sleep or maybe watch a movie or two, this is a great deal. If you're looking for a place to spend a majority of your time or you like a fancy hotel, this may not be a good fit. Maybe we're just easy to please!
The Flight of Angels took off right in the back yard, plenty of souvenir shops, and the restaurant off the lobby of the hotel wasn't too bad - typical diner food.

I hated it, my husband thought we got what we paid for..........

by TripAdvisor Member bilbo1001

After spending 2 nights on the Canadian side (Sheraton Falls Side) we opted for a 3rd night on the US side of the falls because we had a very early flight out of Buffalo the next day.

The hotel is the nearest to the American falls but that's about it.. The hotel is tired and dated, although the staff were pleasant and polite. The hoteI is attached to a run down, part derelict, smelly market/shopping centre. The whole area looks like it's been condemned and is waiting to be torn down.

I cannot understand how the Canadian side can be so much nicer. Away from the immediate falls area I felt unsafe and vulnerable and that included inside the hotel.

Good Location but nothing else

by TripAdvisor Member SMCVT

This hotel is terrible. The morning breakfast was in the basement, down a never ending corrdior and it was so dirty that I was afraid to touch the table. The staff at the front desk had pierced tounges.

Excellent place

by TripAdvisor Member TMMM

I don't understand the negative reviews, as my experience was nothing like theirs. I felt safe in the hotel at all times - it's quiet and well-lit. The room was clean and reasonably bright. The breakfast room was indeed in the basement, but the lack of stimuli was actually relaxing, and the room and hallway were clean. Breakfast was heavy on the carbs, but the waffles were fantastic - when I told my son I had never used a waffle iron before, an employee who was stocking the breakfast food graciously offered to make my son's waffle for him. Every member of the staff was warm, cheerful, and attentive. Its location can't be beat: it's across the street from the state park/falls, and right next to a little street fair area with a mini golf course, the Flights of Angels attraction, and various booths.

Comments