Crowne Plaza Hotel Niagara Falls

300 Third Street, (formerly Holiday Inn Select), Niagara Falls, New York, 14303, United States

Sheraton At The Falls
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 37% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Robin922's Profile Photo

Not bad, but below standard

Crown Plaza as a rule are the up scale sister to Holiday Inn, however I found this hotel more like it's little sister.

The lobby is nice, the rooms are nice... however they are missing some of the basics. No bell man to help with bags and no full service restaurant on property, only a sports bar with limited menu. Also much to my surprise no bath tub! After a long day of sightseeing, when a nice hot bubble bath sounds good... you will have to settle for a shower. Forget having a cold drink in your room, no mini bar either.

Most Crown Plazas have the mini coffee pot, this one offers the 'one cup' version with only two packets... one regular and one decaf. If you are lucky you might find housekeeping in the hallway, and be able to trade or even get an extra.

If you read my page on Niagara Falls, NY you will discover there aren't many places to stay that are in walking distance of the falls (on the U.S. side). The Crown is in the middle of the pack from what I could see. The Days Inn which is closer and has a Dennys attached, and the Seneca Casino across the street from the Crown, which is full size with all the normal amities you would find on a large property including an all you can eat buffet.

Unique Quality: However not all is bad. The staff is friendly and helpful, they do have a tour desk, and the sandwiches in the sports bar aren't bad. You are only a 10 minute walk from the falls and 20 to 30 minute walk to the Canadian side. (time depending on how long the immigration line is).

Free wireless internet in rooms.
    Free parking.
    Also the price is some what lower than most Crown Plazas.

• PetraG's Profile Photo

High comfort for a low price

This is a very nice hotel. We stayed just for one night, but I would recommend it also for a longer stay. It offers a lot of amenities and is located in the center of the town.
    You can walk to all major tourist attractions in Niagara Falls USA and Canada and it is also directly across the street from the Seneca Niagara Casino. It is just minutes away from Niagara University, Prime Outlets, Lewiston and Casino Niagara (Canada) and less than a 1/2 hour drive from Buffalo, N.Y.

Unique Quality: Indoor Pool
    High-speed Internet Access
    Sauna
    Whirlpool
    On-site Guest Self-Laundry Facilities (washer/dryer)
    Kids Eat Free
    Dedicated Lounge (or 24 Hour Lounge)
    Iron / Ironing Board
    Coffee Maker
    Health/Fitness Center On-Site
    Hairdryer
    A/C Public Areas

• Wendy67's Profile Photo

Holiday Inn

I've seen several bad reviews on this hotel, but we have no complaints whatsoever. Beautiful, odor-free room, clean bathroom and linens, quiet.

Unique Quality: As a Priority Club member, we received an upgrade to a king suite for no extra charge. Complimentary drink cards were nice and the bar served top-shelf liquor for no additional fee. The best part is that we could order a drink and take it back up to our room to enjoy instead of having to hang out in the lounge area.

We ordered New York's infamous buffalo wings - a must while visiting the Buffalo, NY area as they were "invented" here. While we can't compare them to other restaurants in the area, they were very, very good.

More about Crowne Plaza Hotel Niagara Falls

Good hotel in a good location for casino

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Select on February 25, 2005. This was a last minute trip and we wanted a hotel near the Seneca Niagara casino. The hotel is across the street from the casino and less than a 2 minute walk from hotel door to casino door.

This hotel is a typical tourist Holiday Inn. I looked over past reviews and found none of the problems that were mentioned in other posts. The staff member at the front desk was courteous and efficient. The room was clean and quite. There was no mold or odor problems anywhere in the room or in the hotel lobby.

Parking is free with in/out privileges and the American Falls & Rainbow bridge are just a short walk away.

I would definately stay here again. Seneca Niagara casino is building their own hotel across the street so once it opens I expect that this Holiday Inn may lower their rates to stay competitive.

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member nursejill

WE STAYED HERE for two nights and loved it> the rooms were very spacious and very clean> the location was great> right across the street from the casino and a short walk from the falls> the hotel is large and offers all services you would need> the staff were friendly and helpful> would stay here if ever returning to niagara falls>

Nice friendly hotel, close to the casino

The hotel is across the street from the casino. Just a few blocks from the falls. The free parking was nice. We stayed both in this hotel and one on the canada side. While the view was nicer and at 4 times the price. If I had to chose to do it again. I'd select the American side to stay. This hotel while big, had a nice room. The rooms are a tad outdated and could use some new carpets and such. Don't hesitate to stay here.

I would select this hotel again if I was staying on the American side!

by TripAdvisor Member Fallin4theFalls

I really liked this hotel. It has a nice and welcoming lobby. I loved the aquarium -- really nice touch. I got the impression that the lobby was kind of new.

I found the staff to be pleasant. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. The food was lousy at the restaurant, but then again I should have expected it as the restaurant is a Denny's. I just haven't had good experiences with any Denny's I have been to.

I did enjoy the pool and the jaccuzi. Both were clean and at a comfortable temperature and didn't have an overpowering chlorine smell.

Helpful staff in a decent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member travelpassion

My family and I stayed in this hotel during a long touring holiday in July and August 2005. The public areas are very nice with an excellent pool and poolside area. The hotel is in an excellent location, just minutes from the falls and Rainbow Bridge, which leads to the Canadian side. The free parking is an excellent bonus. The rooms were spacious and comfortable but in general, the rooms and corridors needed redecorating and updating. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Believe it or not, the American side of the Falls is less commercialised than the Canadian side (the Canadian side is a cross between Las Vegas and Blackpool). A lot of the town is rather run down but safe enough. We even walked in the public parks around the falls at nearly midnight. The American side has far less tourists than the Canadian side and therefore it worth staying in the Holiday Inn Select here, to take advantage of much shorter qeues for the Maid of the Mist and fewer crowds by the falls. You can get very close to the falls from the American side but the views are not as good. I recommend that if you want to stay overnight, stay on the American side and take the Maid of hte Mist from here then cross the border and just stop for an hour or so to take pictures from the Canadian Side. Niagara on the Lake, about a 30 minute drive from Niagara Falls (Canadian side) is a picture perfect town worth staying in.

LOVED THE HOLIDAY INN

Have been to Niagara Falls twice and both my experiences have been wonderful.
Stayed a the Holiday Inn on 3rd St. There was a restaurant in the lobby which was open all day. Walking distance to the falls and the Rainbow Bridge. Being able to walk to the falls and to Canada was great. The shuttle is the best thing to get for both sides *NY and Canada* Definately a must!
We took a sightseeing tour and that was money well spent also. Got to see all the best things in NY and Canada.
We will go back someday and I CAN'T WAIT!

Failed expectations!

by TripAdvisor Member vacation-luvr

I made reservations at the hotel based on the reviews, but I think the people who left the raving reviews probably meant to leave it for the Holiday Inn at the Falls which looked much, much better than the Holiday Inn Select. First of all, the hotel was smelly - it smelled like mildew. Once we got into our room, it was disgustingly dirty - the air conditioning unit had black dirt on the vents. Again, the smell was very musty in the room as well. The carpets were horribly dirty. We also asked for a rollaway bed, and boy, were we sorry - first of all, the person who brought it in couldn't wait to leave - he didn't even help in assembling it. Secondly, it was so dirty (with cobwebs and more) that we didn't want to touch it. No one ended up sleeping on it. Otherwise, the location was great - we walked to the Niagara Falls park, and it was across from the casino. The free parking was great too. The pool actually looked pretty clean (we didn't have time to go in it). The food at the restaurant was excellent (as my daughter said), and the kids eat free!

Comments