2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 40% more and rated 12% lower than other 2.5 star hotels

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Nearest Hotel to the Falls at NY Side!

The Days Inn at the Falls is the closest to US hotel to Casino Niagara two blocks from the majestic Niagara Falls, and approximately 20 miles from the Buffalo-Niagara International Airport. There is a Denny's Restaurant in the lobby.

It is Conveniently situated at the Rainbow Bridge in the heart of the tourist district, the Days Inn is the closest American hotel to Casino Niagara (my favorite). It is just one block away from the world famous falls. The property is also only 10 minutes to the Factory Outlet Mall and is within walking distance to via Rainbow Bridge Pedestrian Crossing to the Falls Avenue Complex in Clifton Hill on the Canadian side, which is home to Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Café, Hard Rock Club, 4D Motion Rides and the world's first WWE retail store.

Unique Quality: Area Activities:
    Prime Outlet Mall 10 Minutes
    Duty Free NY- 4 Minutes
    Duty Free Canada- 10 minute walk
    Seneca Casino - 10 Minute Walk

Directions: I-90 East to 290 West to 190 North. Follow 190 North to Robert Moses Parkway Exit 21 up to Niagara Street.Turn Left onto Niagara. Days Inn is located on the Right hand side 6 blocks down on Main Street.

• Cielo_Algaeed's Profile Photo

Walking Distance to the Falls

We stayed at Days Inn at the falls for 3 days. The whole building is a little bit old. The carpet at the lobby smells like cigarette plus the old lights being used makes it look older.
    In fairness, the room that we occupied was clean, stained free and doesnt smell like smoke.
    The only good thing about this hotel is the location. Walking distance from the falls which means no parking fee to pay when you visit the Niagara State Park!
    They have Denny's as their in house restaurant which is open 24 hrs. They also have free wifi access to all rooms.

• kenadams's Profile Photo

Sleeper

I was here for a night. The place is pretty clean and, most of all, is very close to the falls. I can say I was satisfied.
    The hotel is in front of Rainbow bridge, the closest border to Canada.
    When making reservations, you can chose a room with a northern view of the Canadian skyline rather than the American side for a slight increase in price. No view of the falls though, you need to sleep in Canada if you want that.

Unique Quality: Pool, A/C in rooms, vending machines on floors, cable TV.

Directions: One block from the falls, basically in front of Rainbow Bridge.

• TanjaE's Profile Photo

Budget Lodging

The Days Inn is located on the US side of the Niagara Falls and is the Hotel closest to the Falls. They offer packages including Nights and sightseeing. If I'm honest I would prefer a hotel on the Canadian side next time. The Canadian side is more pretty.

Unique Quality: You should get a room above the third floor, otherwise you can't see the Falls.
    They have a pool and a restaurant is located in the Hotel.

More about Days Inn at the Falls

Dirty, Expensive, Smelly, Bad, Bad, Bad

by TripAdvisor Member CastroCathy

This is one of those hotels that survives on location. Since Niagara falls is the kind of place that most people visit only once Days Inn doesn’t have much motivation to do anything to encourage repeat customers. They just take your cash without putting a dime back into the facility.

The hotel is old, hasn't been updated in who-knows-how-long and hasn't been properly cleaned or maintained during that time. This may be unfair to the cleaning staff; there is only so much you can do with twenty-year-old decor.

Our room had a leaky air conditioning unit that soaked the carpet and had obviously been doing this for some time because the room smelled of mold and mildew, of course the mold in the bathroom could have been part of the problem.

On the way up to my room on the second day some guy turned to me and said “I can’t wait to get out of this place” here, here.

Nice Staff

by TripAdvisor Member JARB98

I went to this hotel before I knew about what this site said. I found the people very nice. The hotel front desk went out of their way to help me when my car broke down. The room was clean. They could do with renovations, totally need to update the TV channels. The Denny's was overpriced, but what do you expect in a hotel...

Not a good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member RobDNY

I'm not really sure what to say about this place, except that it was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Granted, I don't expect much from Days Inn, but the hotel has a horrible, depressing feel about it that is impossible to overcome. Much like everything else on the U.S. side of the Falls.

Although not visibly dirty, the room felt as though it had been relatively untouched for years. The carpeting and furniture was so ratty, that I did not feel comfortable walking around without shoes on or sitting on anything. The bathroom generally looked like something one would find in an abandoned building (walls exhibited peeling paint, floors were dingy) and the hotel towels felt like something I would use to wash my car. I feel for the cleaning staff because they have to deal with a bad situation on a daily basis.

One thing I was very surprised about - free wireless access; but can't the owners of this dump do something to upgrade the facilities? Regardless of how much this place costs per night, do yourself a favor and upgrade to some other hotel. I wish I had.

Dont Waste Your Money At This Place!

by TripAdvisor Member proudmama07

The reason we choose this hotel is because we wanted to stay someplace close to the casino and when we called the hotel they said they were very close, within a block or so and there would be no problem walking to the casino at night....WRONG! There is no way I would walk from this hotel to the casino at night, I mean we ended up driving to the casino and fighting traffic and parking and we locked our doors because we felt a little unsafe along the way, its not the nicest of areas to be walking at night thats for sure. I was very upset that the hotel lied to me about it being so close and when I mentioned this to the front desk person, she said" Well the casino has free Parking"!....this was beside the point. We wanted to walk instead of having to keep finding parking spots at the hotel and casino everytime we went back and forth. And besides, they lied to us. We also requested a room on the bottom floor when making the reservation and they said that shouldnt be a problem however when we got there we were told there were no rooms on the bottom floor and the first floor up was all smoking rooms and that we would have to stay on the second floor...so yes another lie. The parking at the hotel is very limited, they have a small parking lot up top and a very dark, scarey and small parking garage underground. The elevator was horrible, it always stopped at the lobby-NO MATTER WHAT and it made some horrible noices. We were trying to go to the parking garage and ended up on the fourth floor, it was crazy.
This hotel is also VERY DIRTY and it smelt horrible.Our room looked as though it hadnt been swept in months and the bathroom had probably not been cleaned in forever. There were stary hairs from previous guests on the pillows and in the shower. The bathroom had peeling paint and the walls had peeling wallpaper. There were holes in the comforters - which were also dirty. The furniture was old and falling apart- the table and headboards had marks and chips all over them. The beds were the most uncomfortable things Ive ever slept on, had the floor been clean I may have slept on the floor instead. The shower head fell apart in the middle of the night and made a loud noice in the tup- waking our baby. The windows also made noices all night-sounding like they were gonna bust from the wind. We were in a non-smoking room which was definatly smoked in before.
The only decent things about this hotel was the pool and the fact that it is close to the falls. I would not reccommend this hotel to anyone I know. Its way overpriced for the condition of the property. If you want to stay on the USA side I suggest staying somwhere else!

Never Again!

by TripAdvisor Member LanePortJervis_NY

This was a business trip for my husband but his company was kind enough to allow me to go with him as I had always wanted to see Niagara Falls. I felt bad because he got a room with a hot tub especially for me as I have a bad back & he wanted to make it special. The location was excellent, the staff friendly but it was filthy. There as blood on the edge of the hot tub, the bathroom was never cleaned properly & I was afraid to lie on the hotel blankets & sheets as the bed was never changed for the 3 nights we were there. Thank God I brought my own sheets & pillow with me! I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. I would rather pay more & not have to worry as to who or what had been there before me. Definitely needs updating & just good old fashioned cleaning. And this was in the slow season!

Good Deal

by TripAdvisor Member MWGH

Okay, I slept in hotels with much more class, bud for the price we paid we got more then we expected.

The staff is very friendly and the location is superb. It's a great place for tourists from abroad.

The rooms where clean and there was enough parking space. The location is between the to falls and the two countries. Both walking distance.

I recommend this hotel to everyone and we had a pleasant stay.

Kind regards