Pelican Motel

6817 Niagara Falls Boulevard, Route 62, Niagara Falls, New York, 14304, United States
Hotels.com Expedia.com Venere.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Niagara Falls

Scenic Trolley in the backgroundScenic Trolley in the background

At American FallsAt American Falls

Horseshoe FallsHorseshoe Falls

Canadian Horseshoe Falls by Terrapin PointCanadian Horseshoe Falls by Terrapin Point

Should I spend more time at Niagara Falls, USA side or Canada?

I have 1.5 day:

Day 1 from 1pm - 7pm (6 hrs),
Day 2 from 9am - 6pm.(9 hrs).

Which day should I spend at Niagara falls US and which day should I spend at Niagara Falls (Canada)?

Which side should I stay to keep cost low?

Thanks

by manuna

For the day time, I think it doesn't make much difference. But in the evening the best views are on Canadian side.

by davesut

Canada side has a longer promenade of which to look at both sets of falls, much better to spend longer time on that side.

by johnmperry

Because of the bend in the river, the Canadian side has much better views. It also has much better facilities, as well as other things not on the US side, such as the Spanish Aerocar.

by pgthompson

Spend the 6 hours on American side and the 9 hours on the Canadian side, more to do, I didn't notice any difference with costs. If you get chance it's worth travelling to Niagara on the lake, it's a beautiful town about 20 minutes away from the falls.

by mikelisaanna

Spend most of your time on the Canadian side. It is much nicer and has more things to do.

by Daisylove

Gather from all your advices, below is my plan. What do u guys think?

Sat 1.00pm - 6.00pm Niagara Falls (USA)
Sat 6.00pm - 8.00pm Drive Niagara Falls (USA) --> Hotel near CN Tower
Sun 9.00am - 11.30am CN Tower & city tour
Sun 12.00am - 7.30pm Niagara Falls (Canada)
Sun 6.00pm - 9.00pm Niagara Falls (Canada) --> Hotel @ Corning (USA)

I intend to put up @ hotel near CN tower, Made a short sighseeing ard the area before heading Niagara Falls (canada).

1. How long do I need to drive from CN Tower to Niagara Falls (Canada)?
2. will I get the great evening view of niagara fall (canada) if I stay up to 7.30pm?
3. Any suggestions on my plan?

Thanks!

by johnmperry

I don't know which you're thinking of, but THE CN Tower is in Toronto.

by Daisylove

Is the THE CN Tower is in Toronto very far from Niagara Falls? Worth making a trip there?

by Beausoleil

Find a nice hotel on the Canadian side and stay there. It's much nicer and much cleaner than the American side (and I'm American). You can go over to the American side and spend some time but other than the Falls, there is not much to excite. The Canadian side is spectacular and there are lots of things to do in the immediate area.

BTW, Toronto is around the end of the lake and certainly a great place to visit. However, if you only have a day and a half, you may not want to take the time. When you're at the Falls, you really want to visit the Cave of the Winds and take the boat trip on the Maid of the Mist. The area is beautiful but it is also very relaxing so you might as well use your day and a half to take in all the sights and fun at the Falls. Save Toronto for another trip and enjoy the hustle and bustle of the city then.

by Daisylove

Thank you very much. I am wondering if it is worth extending another day of my vacation to go to Toronto. It is worth it?

by pgthompson

Toronto is a city! Apart from the CN tower, which is worth going to the top and having a meal, and visiting the Toronto Islands there was nothing else for me. If you like shopping then the underground mall is an experience.

Travel Tips for Niagara Falls

catch a glimpse of the...

by Krystynn

catch a glimpse of the beautiful American + Bridal Veil (?) Falls.

The best time to visit (in my humble opinion) is from mid May to mid September. I guess you can also visit the Falls at other times of the year but it can get very cold, rainy, snowing, windy.... see what I mean? :-)) So, it's better to stick to late-spring to early-autumn time.

I was told that late September to October can also be an excellent time to visit because of the beautiful fall foliage. Hey, seeing the trees around you change to an orangy color can be very spectacular indeed.

Driving Regulations in Canada!

by machomikemd

Driving Regulations in Canada

The minimum age for driving in Canada is 16. A valid driver’s license from any country is required to operate a motor vehicle in Canada. You must also carry the car’s registration information. The speed limit in Canada is posted in kilometers per hour. Please note that speed limits vary depending on the type of road. The speed limit on most Canadian highways is 100 km per hour (60 miles per hour), and 50 km per hour on city streets. (1 mile is 1.609 kilometers)

Please note: It is mandatory for all drivers and passengers of a motor vehicle to use seat belts. It is also mandatory for all motorcyclists to wear helmets while driving. Operating a motor vehicle, including boats, while under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances is illegal in Canada.

Save those old photos!

by Don_Wright

Going there with my parents when I was a few years old! This photo was taken by my dad (with one of those classic old Polaroid cameras) and that's my mom and her two boys! Me on the left, my younger brother, and my mom! The expression on my little brother's face is priceless! I wonder if he was scared? So see, I started my travels early in life! I hope you get a kick out of the photo!

Prevention against nature

by Faiza-Ifrah

I strongly recommend that some members of the entourage have backpacks. Clothing will depend upon season, but light water-resistant jackets in summer will come in handy. I also recommend comfortable hiking shoes even though my daughter tends to hike even in her party shoes. You may need painkillers after a hectic day of hiking and enjoying other activities in the park. Also, I recommend carrying hand sanitizer, insect repellent, sun screens, and wet wipes. I highly recommend a water resistant camera. Keep an eye on the lens. You got to have lens cleaning equipment with you. Carry loads of water bottles, sun shades and caps to protect against wind and dust.

SCUBA Dive the mighty niagara river

by heitzenrater

Captain Bill's Upper River SCUBA (NAME JUST CHANGED TO NIAGRA DIVE CENTER 5/21/07) is a P.A.D.I. 5-Star SCUBA DIVING training facility located on the upper Niagara River in Niagara Falls, New York. they offer on-site SCUBA training in an indoor heated pool. Captain Bill's also offers local dive trips, dive charters and a full selection of the latest diving related equipment.

Captain bill's scuba shop located 5 miles south of the falls 1 mile south of the grand island brige, on buffalo ave. t's called captain bills upper river diving.

they have all scuba equipment you need on hand. you can test out your equipment in their indoor pool. just feet from the pool is the upper niagara, where their boat is docked.

when i went i managed to pull about 10 bottles of the bottom of the river. it was awsome.

many people see the niagara from above the water, but not many from below.

IF YOU LIKE MY TIP, PLEASE GIVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK, THANKS