6625 Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls, New York, 14304, United States
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Niagara Falls

Donatello'sDonatello's

Upstream of American Falls, downstream of BridgeUpstream of American Falls, downstream of Bridge

Near Horseshoe FallsNear Horseshoe Falls

Taken from Goat IslandTaken from Goat Island

Traveling on a budget

by like_to_travel

I am planning on visiting Niagara Falls on the weekend before memorial day this year with my girlfriend for our 2 year anniversary. Right now it looks like we will be staying for the weekend getting there on Friday late morning/early afternoon. We live in Milwaukee WI and the ride is roughly 10 hours plus some time for stopping. We are planning on visiting both the Canadian and the US side. I read that the Canadian side was better, is it even worth visiting the US side? Also are there any must do's when we are there on each side?

Also I was wondering how many days will we need? Should we stay till Monday morning or leave sunday afternoon (keep in mind the 10 hr drive). We just plan on doing the must-do attractions, since we are both in college and on a tight budget. If anyone knows any cheap but clean hotels to stay that would also be very helpful. Nothing to fancy just want to have a clean room.

Thanks for any help,

Matt

Re: Traveling on a budget

by Agraichen

Can't comment on hotels as I've only "commuted" from Toronto when I had to stay over a weekend while on business. BUT, there are some great wineries on the Canada side as well as a wonderful park area with a butterfly "zoo" that is quite picturesque. For photos, I'd want to be there for at least a couple days, if I get back. I'd take a "tour" on the Maid of the Mist for certain.

Cheers

Travel Tips for Niagara Falls

Stay on the Canadian Side!

by Boomscat

I visited Niagara Falls in July of 2003 I stayed on the American side of the Falls. Seeing all the great hotels and casinos across the river was a huge tease. The American side is great for sight seeing but not for dining and having a great night out. The two top restaurants are Hard Rock cafe and the restaurant at the Seneca Niagara Falls Casino and that says a lot.

Take a trip on the Maid of the...

by Eileen_Leah

Take a trip on the Maid of the Mist boat and return at night to see the Falls lit up.I have a certificate for having switched on the lights in 1998!
There are lots of wild racoons around the place where the lights are situated and I have photos of them. Seeing the rainbow over the falls and capturing it on film in 1983.My two young children were with me at that time.Magic.

Niagara Falls Tip

by katie_park

this is my only sister, jay...she just loved this picture so much that she put it on the refrigerator...
then, why should i and my family always take a look at her in the picture every time we open the refrigerator?? i thought it is unfair, thus also put the pictures of me on the refrigetor, and you'll find out how the hell many ugly(? ^^) stuffs are put on it... hahaha sorry mama!
anyway, nearby the niagara falls, several kinds of trees are decorating such a wide garden greatly and beautifully... go and check that out!!

It's the water, of course,...

by spartan

It's the water, of course, that's the draw. Crashing, plunging, thundering without cease. (It did freeze once.) Although there are taller Falls, there's none wider. Here you also get three for the price of one: The raging rapids of Rainbow and Bridal Veil Falls (American) tumble over massive rock formations in a nearly perfect straight line; amazing Horseshoe Falls (Canadian) form a natural curve.

Packing List

by OnMyOwnPath

Take whatever you feel comfortable with, depending on your mode of travel. Lighter, obviously, is better. Wear clothing that can get wet, especially if you get on the boat ride. Otherwise, pack according to the weather. Protect your equipment from getting wet if you go on the boat ride. Also, while film and batteries are available in Niagara Falls, you probably want to have an ample supply before you get there because wherever you buy them, it is likely to be cheaper than in Niagara Falls. Bring all of your senses with you and experience the trip. Don't just stay behind the viewfinder of your video camera or camera. Really take it in, and especially try to find some quiet time with the falls to admire its spectacular nature.

Comments