554 State Route 3, Plattsburgh, NY, 12901
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Plattsburgh
Orbitz.com MicrotelInn.com Priceline.com

More about Plattsburgh

Fall display by Anthony's Bistro, Plattsburgh, NYFall display by Anthony's Bistro, Plattsburgh, NY

Moving to Plattsburgh

by tvdandy

Hello guys and gals,

I am considering excepting an offer and making a move to Plattsburgh, and am wondering if anybody can give me a heads up on what's it like to live there. Is the downtown much, is it a good walking downtown with stuff to do, or is it all boarded up? Are there things to do for young professionals. Redneck drunks or cool people:) Any responses, good or bad, would be much appreciated. Thanks

RE: Moving to Plattsburgh

by travelingbunny

I was in Plattsburgh over the summer and was quite impressed. The downtown seems to have gone through a total make over since I was last there a few years ago. There were lots of cute cafes, coffee shops and bookstores. As for the nightlife scene I'm not too sure what it's like but Plattsburgh State College is right there so there has to be a fair number of bars etc... You're also right on the lake, which is absolutely beautiful, and if you get too bored, you're only an hour from montreal.

RE: RE: Moving to Plattsburgh

by Easty

Speaking as an outsider, Plattsburgh was a nice larger town. It has good scenery especially with the lake in the background. The town was pretty clean and the houses looked to be in good shape. I have a Plattsburgh page with some pictures on it. The only negative is that it is kind of isolated. Although, Montreal is not that far away from there.

RE: RE: Moving to Plattsburgh

by jelw

My in-laws lived there and loved it! They both agree (of the 5 states and numerous towns) it is one of the places they loved best. They recently went back for a visit.

RE: Moving to Plattsburgh

by erohver

My Wife and I moved to Plattsburgh in 1998 and fell in love with the area. I sell Real Estate in Clinton County, so if you need a buyer's agent let me know! You can check out my website at www.plattsburghhomes.com

Give me a call. I'd be glad to discuss the area with you.

Eric.

Travel Tips for Plattsburgh

Plattsburgh, gateway to the Adirondacks

by L-A

"Autumn display by door of Anthony's Bistro"

We were greeted by this Fall display on our way in to the Bistro. Unfortunately all we saw of Plattsburgh (other than the back route drive from Ottawa through Cornwall) was this lovely restaurant and LaQuinta Inn. We were impressed with both, the view of the mountains in nearby Vermont, the accessiblity to Ausable Chasm and the Adirondacks, so I know we will be back. We also saw a lot of Quebec license plates - Plattsburgh is a popular getaway destination for Montrealers.

Comments