125 East Main Street, Rochester, New York, 14604, United States
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Hyatt Regency Rochester

Priceline Bargain Yields Very Nice Stay

by TripAdvisor Member buffalonian

I booked this room as a four star bid on priceline for $50. Yes, it is not a four star hotel but if you request and recieve a renovated room you will be very pleased. Our room 2203, must have been recently renovated with very nice carpeting, granite bathroom counters, modern shower and very nice king bed and bedding. The service was very efficient and staff friendly. The health facilities, pool and hot tub are average but clean and relatively quiet. The lobby area, bar and restaurant are very appealing and comfortable. I stayed for conventions in the past and understand why this hotel, the Crowne Plaza and Clarion get a bad rap due to the hard traffic the hotels get from groups attending the adjacent Riverside Convention facility. Make sure there are no major conventions or "active" student groups during your stay and call ahead and insist upon a renovated room. Try Priceline under the four star catagory and you may lock into a super bargain as I did.

Really Mean Hotel Staff

I have been staying at this hotel for my business travel for past few weeks. There are 11 members in my team and all of us started out with staying at Hyatt.The reason for choosing this hotel was that it is convenient as it has an indoor skyway to various office buildings on east side.

All members of my team except myself have moved out to different hotels in the area e.g. courtyard etc.The hotel staff made no attempt at being nice or accomodating despite being told the team would be staying at the hotel for about 4 months!! The hotel staff (front desk, room service, restaurant etc.) go out of their way to be rude and mean to the guests. Even basic service is provided grudgingly.

Make sure you ask the hotel staff what kind of bed you are getting in the room . There are still some rooms in the hotel which have the 1940s fold-up beds (the kind that closely resemble ironing boards and fold up into the wall). Hotel staff hands out those rooms as "parlors" or "suites" !!

Presently the hotel is undergoing renovation so you can forget about getting any sleep if any room near you is being renovated.

Good experiences over several years

As a Xerox person, I stayed at this Hyatt in Central Roch over 50 nights a year for several years. While not posh, certainly good and reliable. Like all hotels, you can't set your watch by the room food service. But, almost all good experiences.

had a great time here, but they do have room for improvement

by TripAdvisor Member JustaMD

I read the review about the mean front desk staff. I have to say, I stayed here for 7 weeks. The only "not helpful" front desk person was the manager. Everyone else was TOTALLY nice and helpful! I always enjoyed going to them with a need, problem or just to chat! I have to say...EXTREME kudos to Ryan the bartender!! What an awesome guy! He was instrumental in my stay being a good one! If you stay there, say hi!
As for the rooms, I was on the smoking floor (which hasn't been remodeled) and it was just fine. Not posh, but just fine.
Room service was kind of treacherous, as it is everywhere. But, with the help of our favorite bartender Ryan… the orders were delivered in a perfect and well-prepared way!
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Great Deal from Discount Site

by TripAdvisor Member urikim00

My boyfriend & I stayed over Easter weekend. This meant that the hotel was almost completely empty. I got a VERY very good deal from Priceline. The front staff was very nice, very accomodating. The room service staff was awesome- returned with free extras! The pool was outdated- but all to ourselves for over an hour. The location was good. The restaurant in house was only ok...but the Easter brunch- fantastic! Room with king bed was clean & comfy. We didnt actually leave until affter 2pm & nobody noticed.....nice late checkout :)

Very good hotel but you can get better value

by TripAdvisor Member Cobi00

I most recently stayed in this hotel on April 28 and have stayed here several nights over the past few years. I would describe it as a great downtown Rochester location and a very good but not great hotel. Be sure to insist upon a renovated room. I stay several nights/year in Rochester for business and stay at the Hyatt for convenience only if I have to be downtown. Otherwise you can get the same or better hotel for much less money at some of the top ranked hotels on this site.

If you have stay in Downtown Rochester ....

by TripAdvisor Member RamblinMar

We were recently at the Hyatt Regency for a wedding. This was our first time at the property as we normally stay at the Del Monte Lodge (fabulous, highy recommend) in Pittsford when we come to Rochester. We took Trip Advisor's advice and asked for a renovated room. On the plus side, the room was nicely furnished and the bed was comfortable. On the down side, the sink was very very very slow. On the up side, we notified the staff at the end of our stay and they sent a plumber immediately to fix it. The best thing in the hotel is the Palladio Restaurant, where the rehearsal dinner was held. The food was excellent and the staff, especially the hostess, helpful and friendly.

Loved the Hyatt!!!

by TripAdvisor Member SO'Brien

I booked a local getaway for my husband and I through Priceline. As you probably know, you are blind when naming your price. When I saw the reviews for the Hyatt, I was a little concerned. But everything was PERFECT! I asked for a renovated room and was told that all the rooms have been renovated. I don't know about that but I can say that our room was wonderful. We were on the top floor and had a great view! The bed was ultra comfortable, everything was immaculate and smelled wonderful! We used room service 3 times and each time was a treat. They even went out of their way to honor our entertainment card for dinner, even though it is meant for dine in. The staff went above and beyond! We loved it and had a great, cozy, romantic weekend!

Priceline makes this hotel worthwhile! Definitely NOT 4 star.

by TripAdvisor Member marygreene

This hotel is acceptable, but surely not a 4 star. If you are able to book online or through priceline, it is worth the value, but I would not pay rack room rates.

The worst part about the hotel was the maid service (terrible) and the loud noise the doors make when they slam shut. Sure - you think this would not be a problem but when you hear your neighbor's doors slamming all morning and night, you will want a refund!

Unfortunately there are not many options in Rochester, so this is probably the "best of the worst" - just don't pay retail or you'll regret it.

Excellent Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Joulia

We booked this hotel through priceline and got it dirt cheap ($60 a night). We asked for a king size bed and renovated room. I don't know what the unrenovated rooms were like but the renovated room we got was excellent. I would rate the hotel more like a 3 to 3.5 star hotel - definitely not 4 star. The service was very good. The pool was clean and warm. We would definitely stay at this hotel again provided we got the room for under $100 a night.

For anyone with children, we highly recommend you visit the Strong Children's Museum. The George Eastman museum was great for those of you who love history and art.

lots of parking in this plazalots of parking in this plaza

entrance to the hotel/restaurantentrance to the hotel/restaurant

camera is located on this building on Main Streetcamera is located on this building on Main Street

Kings HighwayKings Highway

3 days in Finger Lakes area

by sfergus2

We will be travelling on the Spirit of Ontario to Rochester as a great excuse to visit the Finger Lakes area. Any recommendations for accomodations, great restaurants, wineries, hiking trails? We have 3 days .

Re: 3 days in Finger Lakes area

by chrissyalex

Hi, I am hoping to take The Spirit of Ontario also this summer, but to visit Toronto!
One of the nicest towns (in my opinion) in the Fingerlakes is Ithaca. Check this site www.visitithaca.com If you would like to do some hiking, then this is the place to visit since there are a few different state parks located there...Taughannock Falls, Buttermilk Falls, Robert H. Tremain State Park. Taughannock Falls is probably the most famous because it has the highest freefalling waterfall in the northeast USA. There are hiking trails to the bottom of the falls...very easy hiking and only about a 1 and 1/2 kilometers or so..but a nice walk...there is also a upper view point to see the falls. Buttermilk Falls is nice too...the hiking is uphill with some stairs , but not difficult. Parking is $7 , but the cool thing is...it is good for any of the NY state parks for that day...so you can visit a few of them in 1 day and only pay the $7 once. Another thing nice to visit in Ithaca is The Farmers Market ..if you are visiting on the weekend. It's great...not just fruits ,vegetables,baked goods,plants but nice crafts and many diffierent food stands offering various cuisines...for example..Thai,Cambodian,Macrobiotic...The Macrobiotic stand is awesome...and seems the most popular. You can also take a scenic boatride around the lake from the Farmer's market.
Ithaca is located on Cayuga Lake which has many wineries, you can take a ride around the lake and stop at a few along the way...check this site for a map www.cayugawinetrail.com. The only bad thing is Ithaca is about an 1hr 45 minute drive from Rochester.
A closer place to Rochester for hiking is Letchworth State park...I am guessing about 40 minute drive south of Rochester....very large park..if you want to take a long hike..It has waterfalls too.
If you would like any other suggestions...please Email me
Enjoy your trip!

Re: Re: 3 days in Finger Lakes area

by chrissyalex

oops typo www.visitithaca.com

Re: 3 days in Finger Lakes area

by CAROLINEARCHER

The Finger Lakes is such a beautiful part of New York State, there really is so much to see and do, but I would probably reccomend the folowing, as i really enjoyed them:

Arbor Hill Winery, in Naples