Rochester Plaza Hotel

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 298 reviews
Orbitz.com Booking.com

What a dump!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 17, 2007

This hotel is disgusting! I stayed here, on business, 9/16/2007. The hallways smell of mold and the hotel is outdated. The first thing that I observed, when I got to my room, was that the ceiling panels looked like it was about to fall out because of heavy stains. It looked like something had been dripping on it for awhile. There were stains on the bed sheets, yellow stains on the blanket, and brown stains on the bed cover. The toilet did not flush. You have to reach into the toilet to manually flush it. The rooms do not have adjustable air conditioning. If it is still considered warm outside then only cold air is blowing. The hotel makes this call. It was 45 degrees when I was there and cold air was blowing out of the system. There is no way of turning off the cold air in the room. I contacted the front desk on the several occassions to get my air turned off or adjusted. Finally someone arrived and turned it off down the hall. The walls are paper thin so get ready to hear what everyone is doing in their room. The doors leading into the rooms are very heavy. When people left their rooms on my hall, the doors would slam shut. The traffic noise is unbearable as well as the train horns. I would avoid this place if I were you. Go somewhere else.

Nearby Rochester Plaza Hotel

• Suites
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Rochester Travel Forum

Need advice about Rochester, New York State? Visit the Travel Forum for Rochester and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Rochester hotel reviews