777 Seneca Allegany Boulevard, Salamanca, New York, 14779, United States

Seneca Allegany Casino & Hotel
Hotels.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

• windoweb's Profile Photo

Allegany Mountain View

We stayed overnight in a corner suite here. The whirlpool tub in our room was most enjoyable. The bed was comfy and the shower was huge.

Unique Quality: We ate in the cafe for an evening bite to eat and in the morning for breakfast. It is pleasant and the staff are friendly.

Directions: http://www.senecaalleganycasino.com/

More about Seneca Allegany Casino Hotel

Salamanca,NY

by Angel135

This is a trip I took when I was a child. I was with my parents and siblings, we went over to this place to go to a pow wow,that is a Aboriginal Gathering. I had lots of fun, we stayed my dad's friends house. I made some friends when i went on my trip,because I didn't want to hang around with my sister. But this is one of the places I have gone to.

Salamanca, NY

by davecallahan

This is the only city in America on land leased (until 2030) from Native Americans. The name is in reference to the city of the same name in Spain and the name of a wealthy railroad investor.
The town grew with the lumber industry and the rise of the railroad and the use of what is now I-86

wikipedia info:
6000 people with 2500 households and 1500 families.
family income is about $31000

ZIPCODE 14779 is Salamanca in Cattaraugus County
042-09-40N 078-43-00W
42.160, -78.720
Area Code 716

"interesting facts"

town name was originally Bucktooth

the city has these main communities:
Little Valley.... north of the Allegheny River
Red House.... south of the Allegheny River
Shongo... in the Seneca Nation Reservation on route 417

Home of the Haudenosaunee

by pg12359

"Lacrosse"

The game of lacrosse is to New York State as ice hockey is to the country of Canada. This game was first played by Native American tribes who were the original members of the Five Nations of the Iroquois Confederacy: Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga and Seneca. Beginning in 1715, the Tuscarora’s moved up from North Carolina after being displaced from their land and the confederacy became the Six Nations of the Iroquois which is what it is today. They refer to themselves as the Haudenosaunee, or “People of the Longhouse.”

There is some confusion as to when the confederacy was established - some estimate from the 12th century - however it definitely existed by 1570. The Iroquois nations' political union and democratic government is known as the oldest participatory democracy in existence and has been credited as one of the influences on the founding fathers of the United States in drafting the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution.

Since all these tribes inhabited what is currently New York state, the impact of their game of lacrosse is significant to the people of the state. Though the game is played throughout the United States, the current national NCAA Division I, II, III and the NCJAA men’s lacrosse champions are all located in central New York state. Syracuse University (I), Lemoyne College (II) and Onondaga Community College (NCJAA) are all located in Syracuse, NY. SUNY- Cortland (III) is located about 40 minutes south of Syracuse. Many of the players on these teams are members of the Six Nations.

The Six Nations promote lacrosse by sponsoring the North American Minor Lacrosse Association. This organization oversees the teams and leagues which exist in the Native American communities. Non-natives in the surrounding areas are invited to participate and my twin boys, both 3 years old, play with the Allegany Senecas in Salamanca, NY.

Comments