5502 Route 30 South, Amsterdam, New York, 12010, United States
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Super 8 Amsterdam Ny

Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!

by TripAdvisor Member faretravel

I made reservarions for three rooms. They didn't know who was going whereor if they had the rooms upon arrival. Thet had offered us a special for the two nights ,champagne ,breakfast 20% off spa treatments. None of which happened unless we reminded them several times.No one seemed to have a clue that the hotel was running a special. The service in the resteraunt was horrid, slow would have been great compared to what we recieved one hour and forty minutes for dinner to be served I had three children with me!!They used the hash browns from breakfast mashed them up and used them with dinner entree, the food was awful. Do not eat there unless there are some big changes.
The constant stream of locals running thru the hotel ,pool, spa made me feel like I was at a mall. The pool is small and cramped and has very little shade. As a hotel guest it is almost impossble to navigate getting a drink at the bar walk back to the pool and use the required hotel key to open it up...They miss the mark.
For the money rent a house for a weekend and go enjoy the local beaches. Stay clear of this Inn.

We had a great stay

by TripAdvisor Member QNY

I went for a "girl's weekend". I worked directly with the hotel to make the reservations and they spent the time to explain all of the room options and help me find dates with the best availability.

The room was ready early and it was spacious, well - appointed and clean with great views of the water. The front desk was always helpful and even though three weddings were held there during my stay, my friends and I were not disturbed by the events. The hotel was quiet and relaxing.

The food at the restaurant and bar was excellent - especially the Sunday Brunch. I used the spa and experienced one of the best massages I have ever had. There are 2 pools-indoor and outdoor that were well - maintained.

The area is lovely, easy to get around and the town of Old Saybrook was close by.

I would highly recommend staying here!

Great Location but...

by TripAdvisor Member brynulf

We arrived for a spa & over night package in the summer of 2005. as a kid I have been by this place hundreds of times. Finally we opted to stay there for a little R&R.

The location is great, views of the CONN River and the LI Sound while the marina is filled with all sizes of water craft.

The entry to the hotel was well taken care of on the exterior, bell service was tenative. A few signs of wear and tear on the door frame but otherwise very nice. The room we had was a nice corner room (middle) with a perfect view of the marina and lighthouse. Fireplace and all... was above expectations.

The restaurant (Terra Mar) was pretty quiet and they had actually screwed up our reservation but awarded us with a visit from the chef and a small token of understanding which was a scallop with a asian salsa (outstanding). Dinner was very good and cocktails on the deck (outside) were nice.

The down part of the place was not the spa itself but the service. When entering the spa the first question in a slightly arrogant tone was "yes...?". After they had also screwed up our reservation for a double massage we moved on. We were then greated by " how will you pay your gratuity" this before receiving any service. Shocked I responded "gratuities are renderred based on service given"... she responded "so will this be on your room or VISA?"... then "how much will be you give?" this in front of other guests... I ignored her and went to the waiting room. The massages were excellent and upon check out we were greated with the same question on tips. Amazing...

Later I emailed and mailed the spa about this "service" and never ever received a response which I deem unprofessional.

In the long run the Inn is a nice place to stay, the service at the spa can use a course in business communications etiquette but otherwise worth the time.

Bikes for a ride to Cornfield Pt are available for use and are worth the tour.

I ended up writing a blog about it at ----------

Awfully Deceitful

by TripAdvisor Member nytravels1

This place was nothing like it was portrayed.

We spent close to $300 a night to celebrate a special occasion and this is what we got:

- A decent room with a decent view of the harbor/water and a fireplace. Sounds nice, but the noise from next room's hot tub was very disruptive to that idyllic image- especially at 7:00am on a sunday! We had called the front desk the first night to complain that the noise we heard lying in bed sounded very much like the noice we hear when sitting right next to a jet engine in a place seat. it was that loud and uncomfortable, but there was nithing they could do.

- An expensive, nerve-pinching massage. We paid the $$$ for a couple's massage that sent one of away in tears- literally- it was that painful. The lady had no rhythm, no technique and maybe little training, as one of walked away with shooting pain down the leg and arm- the result of not one, but 2 pinched nerves. We complained to the spa front desk, but the lady there was very complacent and could care less. By the way, when we walked in she was bickering with one of the massage therapists, making it very stressful to begin with. The pain continues 2 weeks later!!!

- Awful customer service. We tried to reach the director of the spa that evening and the following day, but no luck. nobody could waive the fee. The front desk did very little except offer a measly $100 discount. Sorry, but that won't pay for the doctor bill to get the nrve pain evaluated! They were rude about the hot tub jet noise too, claiming they've never heard it before. Whatever.

Don't go here, ever. Awful place and a few of the stars should be removed.

always a great time

by TripAdvisor Member gir7375

I have stayed at this hotel four times during various times of the year and I always enjoy my stay. Rooms are big, clean and the fireplace is really nice. The only negative is that if you get a room near the ice machine, it is a bit loud. Other than that, the spa package is a great buy and the area is very pretty.

Comments